September 19, 2014 | 1681 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I just don't understand the allure. This thing didn't even come close to working properly. I have very fine, damaged hair, that is always tangly. Always. All day. Every day. Ever since I was a kid. Period. That's why most of the time, I wear it up in a bun so I just don't have to deal with it. I untangle it in the morning using detangling spray & a widewooth comb, bun it, and don't touch it again. I thought this product might be the one to make the detangling process easier. Nope. It tears at my hair with its prickly little teeth. It doesn't matter how gentle I am or how little a section of hair I take or how much detangling spray I use. You can sort of hear the actual tearing sound of my hair. Yikes. I am ashamed I paid $17 for a comb/brush that can't even comb.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Tangle Teaser is an amazing detangling 'brush'. I don't know how it works, but it gets the tangles and knots out of my bird's-nest of a head of hair when wet. I found mine at Sally's Beauty Supply. They now have one with a handle which I am considering purchasing. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by TLHGM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I previously used to use Kent Boar bristle brushes, but they always made my hair frizzy..
Now i am a true tangle teezer convert! It really does what it says- brushing is like a breeze for my tangled ends i don't know how it works but it does!

For those who have "given up" on this product....don't!

Here's what i found out when using the brush:
1. Separate your hairs into smaller sections and then brush through them..
DO NOT EVER try running this through your whole head of hair, the bristles are shallow and won't be able to catch your hair

2.hold your hair in the middle to prevent excessive tugging on the roots, it tugs minimally anyway, but just to be on the safe side!

Hope it helps:)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by rustybag

I wish I read the reviews, especially the negative ones , before using this as long as I have. My hair is fine & thin, and after using this for a few months, I can really see how damaging it has been to my hair. It gets tangles out, but it does rip & tear, even when starting from the bottom and being careful. Now I have all of this damage to deal with. I'm going to try a silicone shampoo & rounded tip comb (this TT has fine, "sharp" bristles) to see if that helps grow my hair back. I would never let this thing anywhere near my hair again. I did not notice the damage at first, so I would advise proceeding with caution if deciding to try this, you might not notice damage until several months into it (which is what I have read other reviewers report as well).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by sarahlouise96

I have the orginal tangle teezer and it is the best hairbrush I've ever used, my sister's hairdresser used it on her super tangled hair and she told me it worked really well. It cost me a lot more than I'd wanted to spend but by the first use I realized why, it takes me literally seconds to get even the toughest tangles out. I use it in the shower after I swim (my hair gets messed up like a birds nest however i wear it when I swim) and it leaves it smooth really quickly. The only downside I can find is that when I do use it in the shower water can get in which leaks out in my bag, but this is a small price to pay

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by queenghetto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This may be the best product I have ever bought.
I have really unruly hair (especially when wet), it gets knotted very easily but I don't usually like brushing it because it makes my hair poofy, and combs just don't do the job. The tangle teezer, however, vanishes knots better than a brush and doesn't cause breakage and damaging when used on wet hair. It's also easier and quicker on thick hair than a comb. It doesn't make my hair as poofy as when I brush my hair when it's dry. The tangle teezer is very handy for brushing conditioner and hair masks through your hair too.
I bought this at Sally's Beauty Supply for $12.99, which is a little expensive but so worth it! The tangle teezer is life changing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This really does work for stubborn tangles and snarls. Passes through them so easily. My hair type is thick/wavy with dry ends and now that it's getting longer, I'm experiencing a lot of tangles from mid-shaft through the ends. Especially when I have 2nd-day hair. Anyway, the Tangle Teezer makes detangling that mess a breeze. What used to take several minutes of gentle coaxing with a comb now takes literally seconds. Three or four passes with this brush and my hair is completely tangle-free.
Great product, would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

One of my most favorite brushes ever!

Why I love it:

-it detangles wet or dry hair easily
-it leaves my hair feeling so soft and smooth
-it's easy to clean
-it doesn't pull out hairs
-it massages my scalp
-its perfect for combing through conditioner or a leave in product in wet hair
-its unbreakable
-it comes in fun colours
-it makes a perfect gift!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy grail of hair brushes. I have extremely thin, highlighted hair that is down to my tailbone. I've been trying to get it in better shape and condition, and there's no way I could've done it without the Tangle Teezer! Trying to do anything with my hair after hopping out of the shower was a nightmare. Any regular brush or comb would snag, tangle, or break my strands - no amount of leave in product or detangler really helped. I started using the Tangle Teezer as soon as I got out of the shower and was amazed at how it slid through my hair, from root to tip, with no snagging or pain! At times, I felt the brush didn't move as easily through thicker sections of hair, so the smaller the sections the better. It wasn't until I started using the Tangle Teezer in the shower that I noticed a huge difference! Not only could I get conditioner out of tricky spots, but I could actually run my fingers through my hair right out of the shower! I feel that they could perhaps improve the design of the base of the brush, as I feel the brush can go flying out of my conditioner covered hands in the shower - which is to be expected. Overall, great product and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by lolilea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What an over-hyped hunk of junk.... Wait, it's too flimsy to be called a hunk of anything.

It's this plastic ergonomic blob shape, that's actually too large to fit comfortably in my average-large female hand, let alone dainty hands. This and the fact it has no handle leads to slipping from lack of grip. I started brushing gently from the very ends of my hair and it made a horrid ripping sound, turns out this is normal due to the fact it's hollow. It doesn't brush all the way through unless I place my hand one side of my hair to keep it in place. The little spikes had bits on the very ends that could easily score hair like a seamed comb, this is cheap manufacturing for the price. I find virtually any other brush snags less and works in quicker time. It's rubbish for getting through tangles unless you're prepared to rip through them, which im not. I had to stop every few seconds when it would snag to pick apart the tangle myself, even fingercombing alone is better and quicker for tangles than this method. I have to wonder how people were brushing before to consider this their saviour.

It gets 1 star for the ability to brush out bun curls/waves without loosening the curl pattern too much. For reference I have Tailbone length, thickish wavy hair that I take very good care of and use correct brushing technique on.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No