October 30, 2014 | 1328 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kdelossantos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would never have thought to use a tinted moisturizer on my acne prone oily skin. Turned out to be the best thing I have ever used. It is a tad bit sparkely, but nothing a good powder cant tone down. All and all it keeps my skin from being overly oily. The conceler that it comes with matches perfeclty so that takes guess work out. My usually uneven acne skin looks pretty darn good with this stuff on. After I apply it I feel like my skin looks normal for a change. It also seems to be helping my skin to clear up. It is a bit expensive but so far it seems to be worth it. Feeling pretty with my bad skin isnt and easy task but this stuff makes it easy to achive. It almost feels as if you have nothing on which is SUPER nice when your skin is already oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

Ehhhhh.

Skintype: Acneprone, combo, some scarring and some large pores, some redness here and there.

For a tinted moisturizer, $30 or not, you only get 1oz of product. Sure, it comes with a bonus concealer but, really, I don't need it, as I already have concealer. The bonus concealer itself is not very pigmented - I had to swipe it over my dark circles and HP spots a few times, and even then it still didn't provide full coverage. I found it drying and easy to cake.

I dont have the best skin but its getting better. Right now I am looking more for something to even out skin tone and diminish redness. This is really sheer stuff, which is fine I expect that, but I didn't see it helping out evening out my skin tone. Also - glitter. Even after I powdered, throughout the day I looked shiny and sweaty.

I'm NC25 and used Bare Glow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by sartay

I am in love!! I am one of those people who rarely write reviews (though I read them constantly haha) but this is just so good that I had to share my experience. I have actually been using this consistently for about 3 months now, after I went through a major foundation overhaul. I tried EVERYTHING. I had been using mostly MAC studio fix powder or fluid, but was getting fed up with the foundation ruining my skin and the unnatural appearance. So, I underwent a detailed search, trying everything under the sun (MAC studio sculpt and face and body, bareminerals, everyday minerals, pur minerals, laura mercier tinted moisturizer (oil-free), Tarte's TM... you get the idea...) Anyway, I ran into this at Target one day, and decided to give it a try. IT IS AMAZING. The coverage is great for a TM, and the finish is luminoius, but not shiny. Also, I love the included concealer (I use it for facial blemishes, and Amazing Concealer for my dark circles). Also, my skin has cleared up! I set this with a pur minerals transluent powder just in the T-zone, and it lasts all day. G

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by alison197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for one week. I got it in No. 3, which in the store seemed too dark for me. However, once applied it was the perfect shade. I highly suggest going to Pixi's website and answering their questions that then suggests shades for you.

This product was decent, I love the concealer and the TM in one package. The concealer also has a fantastic texture for my skin that doesn't leave me feeling greasy. I liked the glow I got from the TM and the shade matched fairly well. It is also the only TM I've tried that doesn't leave my skin feeling oily by mid-day.

I ended up returning the tube today because I've noticed tiny breakouts around my mouth. I very rarely breakout and the TM is the only new thing I had been using. I also felt the TM was a bit hard to blend because it absorbs so quickly even if I used my normal moisturizer first, and in the sunlight I noticed a glittery effect.

Overall I wouldn't say this is a terrible product, but I won't be repurchasing. I would recommend trying it for a week if you're in the market for a TM. If you hate it, you can always return it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ellamaines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It works amazingly! I have never found a foundation like this one! It covers amazingly, it makes my skin look airbrushed and radiant, and the concealer works great. The only drawback: IT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE! But I can't change that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by JewelHutch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried a good amount of tinted moisturizers but this is so far my favorite. I like the look it gives the skin. It's not full coverage so you can still see your skin underneath, but it makes it look more even toned, glowy and dewy for me. It's definitely good in the summer when you don't want to put on a higher coverage foundation. However I don't really like the concealer that it's attatched to. It's not a bad concealer, it's just not the type of concealer I like. With me, it was too light and gave me a sort of reverse racoon effect. The coverage; not bad, not good either. Soon after I put it on it began to slide and fade away. The actual tinted moisturizer is great. The concealer, not so much.
I use No. 3 Nude Glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lqbelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is pure genius. First, the concealer ball tip is so easy to apply. Then, it is the only concealer I have used that is the perfect balance between concealing & natural-ness. I can use it anywhere - no breakouts on my chin from using it, no settling into lines etc. But it is a cream, a thick cream....but it goes on thin! It is sort of expensive, but compared to other high quality make-ups, and how much better it is, it really isn't. I have been using it over 6 months, still plenty left.
The tinted moisturizer has just enough coverage to be a tinted moisturizer, not a sheer foundation. It is COMFORTABLE on my skin!! So many tinted moisturizers make me itch! This one feels good all day.
I don't know where this line came from but I am glad randomly found it at target. I had not heard of pixi. The products are all great.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a decent product. Probably most suitable for the summer (I have dry skin). It is very sheer, but yet gives some coverage without looking obvious. I prefer this to the Becca and Laura Mercier TMs. The colour is a tad too dark for me (use it in Light Glow n. 1 and I am NC15). I like the idea of the concealer at the top of the applicator, but unfortunately it is a little bit waxy and unnatural - it sits on my skin. The TM does not have any scent and goes on like a dream. I like it has SPF 20 and a very good staying power. It is easy to touch up and never looks cakey or unnatural. I do not have problems with the illuminating properties as I like the dewy finish and the illuminating property is barely noticeable. 2 lippies because the colour does not match my complexion perfectly, it dries up very quickly and my skin looks it is in desperate need for more moisture, the dewiness disappears in 30 minutes and the fiddly concealer is just bad (too dry for undereyes and not very much coverage on blemishes). Overall Okish if you do not have a problematic skin and have an oily skin. For dry skin? Leave it for the summer. I will use it when I play golf just to finish it off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I was less than enthused by this product. TM is sparkly and burned my sensitive skin. Also think it caused some breakouts. Concealer is a bust too. Can only be used on concealing imperfections and not around the eye as it's too powdery and thick for that area at least on me. And tube in tres tiny for 30 bucks. Really if you are okay with sparkly spring for Laura Mercier's Illuminating TM for 40 bucks. The tube is huge and color choices are better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by cossard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been on the hunt for the perfect tinted moisturizer for ages and I think I've finally found it with this product! I'm so glad I followed the reviews on here and bought it. This is separated into two different products, an illuminating tinted moisturizer and a concealer, so I'll review them both individually and then together.

First off, the tinted moisturizer: There are quite a few complaints about the shimmer in this but it really is not that noticeable. I usually hate shimmery foundations of any sort as more often than not they tend to make me look like I spread body glitter all over my face, but the shimmer in this is very fine and sparse. It just gives your skin a dewy glow - you can't tell it's there unless you look very closely. I can wear sparkly blushes without it looking like glitter overkill. The level of coverage in this is perfect, as well. It evens out any discoloration in my skin while still looking incredibly natural and fresh.

I love that it comes with a little coordinating concealer, too. The concealer seems to have a hard shell coating on it, but once you work through that it's very creamy. I've tried it on blemishes, scars, red spots, and my under-eye and it worked perfectly for all of them! It blends well and looks completely natural. I've read that some people felt the concealer was too heavy and thick to work for under-eye but I haven't had any problems with caking or settling. I apply an eye cream, lightly dot the concealer under my eye, and then blend with my fingers. Works like a charm!

I have very, very fair skin (comes with having red hair, I guess :P) and the lightest shade matches perfectly. This product does contain parabens but otherwise is wholesome. My skin is very sensitive and this product has not broken me out at all, so I'm not too worried about the ingredients. It is a tad bit water-repellent, but comes off easily with my normal face wash. Like others have mentioned, I feel like I'm going to run out of the TM before the concealer, but that isn't really a deterrent.

For $30 you get two great products that work beautifully together, which justifies the price for me. I've tried much more expensive solo-TMs that didn't work half as well as this one! I think this is HG for sure.