April 21, 2014 | 867 users online

Concealers - Urban Decay - 24/7 Concealer Pencil (all)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

This product is excellent for covering blemishes/dark spots/acne scars. I wouldn't use it for trying to conceal general uneven skin tone or under-eye circles because it is quite dry and does not blend easily, leading it to tug at your skin and settling into fine lines. However, this quality of the pencil makes it excellent for use on blemishes because you want a drier, opaque formula which will not slide around when you try to blend it in (I find that cream or liquid concealers rub away too much when I pat/blend them onto blemishes). I like that you can quickly dot this on to all your blemishes because of its pencil form. I dot it on, blend out the edges quickly, then set with finishing powder. With this technique, the concealer lasts all day, and is actually the only concealer I've ever tried on my blemishes that covers them so well and lasts so long. I'm not talking just a work day, either, I'm talking 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM or later. It also doesn't make my face feel greasy at all, which has happened with other cream concealers I've tried from Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier. The fact that this product so effectively covers blemishes and lasts so long is why, despite it having obvious flaws (too dry to use as undereye concealer, product waste from sharpening the pencil, limited color selection), I still give it a full five stars. If you try to use the pencil on your undereyes or to cover up redness around the nose etc you will be sorely disappointed. The formula is simply too dry for these purposes. However, if you want a product that will effectively and quickly cover your blemishes and acne scars, this is definitely the best product I've come across.

For reference, I am an Asian with yellow undertones and fall between NC20 and NC25 and I use the shade FBI.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by haileybear

HG concealer!!! After my crazed concealer hunt/phase, I found my HG concealer. This is it girls!!! I'm a NC20-25 and my shade is FBI (although DEA was recommended to me by Sephora's MUA). I found the darker shade looks more natural on my skin, since I have neutral to yellow undertones. DEA has more pinky undertone, and you can definitely tell I'm wearing concealer when it's DEA. Anyways, I LOVE this concealer because of its opaque coverage yet light feel. I use this for my pimples/blemishes and undereye area (coupled with eye cream to just make it easier to blend).

Very little product can do a lot of concealing. Don't overdo it or it'll look cakey, but that's true for pretty much all concealers. I use my fingers to apply and blend in a dabbing motion, because it warms up the product and helps it melt into my skin. I can just wear this alone even if my skin is badly broken out. When your skin is going through a tough time, you don't want to overburden it further with too much makeup, so this product is perfect in providing spot coverage yet let your skin breath.

The only problem I have with this is the packaging. It's kind of a love-hate thing. I love the pencil form for its ease to carry and apply on-the-go, but I hate the amount of product I waste when sharpening it. Since this is quite expensive, I have a little pot where I keep the sharpened off product sans wood shavings. Urban Decay, please come up with an automatic twist up pencil, and I will love you forever!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in NSA for 9.50 and really like it! I use it to cover up my under eye circles and it gives me the wide awake young and frresh look. There weren't alot of shades but I decided to buy it anyway even if it was a bit light. But still a very good product! Just concerned how I'm going to sharpen it as the pencil is quite fat and won't fit in my normal eyeliner sharpener!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by margaretvw

I really wanted to love this product based on all of the good reviews so my search for the best concealer could be over (very funny), but alas I do not. The pencil form is annoying and questionable, yet convienient and mess-free (until it comes time to sharpen it I suppose, which would take a wee bit). The coverage was excellent, and the shade CIA matched my super fair skin beautifully... BUT, it was cakey... :( It never blended right into my skin, just seemed to sit on top, and then it settled into all of my little fine lines and smile creases. It slid around quite easily. I've had drugstore concealers perform better than this $22CAD one. Back to the store it goes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the darkest shade, NSA and it's a perfect match. The shades aren't very dark, NSA is the darkest but I'm actually medium tone. I love the matte finish this leaves and I also love that it has enough coverage to make blemishes disappear but it looks like your natural skin at the same time. I apply this first and then use UD surreal skin mineral powder. Once the concealer was set with the mineral powder, it disappeared into my skin and I just looked like I had flawless skin. Only thing is I wish this came in a lipstick form instead of a pencil. With a pencil, I have to shave it with a sharpener and that's a waste of perfectly good concealer and if it was in a lipstick form, it would still have the precision and ease of the pencil but with no waste. I will probably go through this concealer fast because of it. Price is moderate, $17, for such good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by LL100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FANTASTIC product!

PROS:
Easy - accurate and stays on.
Coverage - has a mattifying quality; can be used in the oily T zone for touchups
Multi-tasking - imperfections, blemishes, general color correcting; on a good day, it's only thing I use - I can skip foundation and powder.
Better than the MAC concealer pencil.

CONS:
May not work well on super dry skin, especially under eyes, but not a problem for me.
Needs more shade options - FBI and NSA work on me, but as with any concealer, if you don't have the right shade, it's going to look off.
Need a pencil sharpener (I use the one from MAC that I bought for the MAC pencil).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 6:24:00 AM More reviews by dahew

I'm always on the search for good concealers for my dark gray chronic undereye circles. Everything I use seems either too sheer or the color match is off or the product would be too creamy that it would slide off midday. I really hate that reverse raccoon look so I'm obsessed with finding the right one, my Prince Charming of concealers. After reading all the positive reviews on MUA and Sephora.com, these UD 24/7 concealers sounded pretty good so I had to try them. I've had both drugstore and high-end concealers that felt very dry, cakey, and too orangy. For reference, I'm light-medium, more like a beige. I use LM TM in Nude, Stila concealer color D, Lancome concealer in medium bisque. I decided to try UD 24/7 Concealer because it has microsponges to zap oil or sweat. The concealer comes in pencil form to cover specific spots and is super creamy to blend. you can basically draw your flaws away with this pencil - use the tip to cover small lines or spots, and then turn the pencil more sideways to do a larger area.. When I was looking up my color match on Sephora online, I thought I would've been DEA (for fair-med tone) but when I went into the store it turned out I was NSA which was the darkest color on the line. NSA was a perfect match for my undereyes. I tried it on both dark circles, redness around my nose, and some capillary lines along my cheeks. Covered it with my Tart Provocoteur mineral pressed powder and called it a day. Through >90% humidity weather and temps in the high 80s (I'm in Hawaii), these conditions were really testing my face considering that I'm already a heavy sweater to begin with. So through the humidity, sweat, errands, and shopping, I was surprised to see my face was still even toned and that my complexion remained almost as fresh as when I first put the MU on. The concealer (and Tart powder) held up really well through sweat, even after I'd wipe beads of sweat off my face with a tissue several times thoughout the day and not following up with touch-ups. I'm not looking forward to sharpening it yet b/c I hear one can lose a lot of product that way, but I guess I can appreciate the convenience and flexibility that this concealer pencil is giving us. The formula, texture, durability, and delivery of the concealer were fabulous and held up well to my tough sweaty day. In fact, it had exceeded my expectations. I do feel these UD pens deliver what they promise and more. This is close to being my HG concealer but we'll see since I'm constantly on the look out for great concealers. I would definitely repurchase these concealer pens.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by totheheartbeats

I wanted this to work for me, but it didn't as well as I had hoped. It was too dry for my undereye area, even after eye cream, despite all the moisturizing ingredients in the concealer. It stays put all day with a setting powder over it. FBI is a pretty good under-eye shade for my NC25 Asian skin.
The packaging could be better, but it's decent. The concealer you sharpen away can be salvaged with a brush, wasting less product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quick review...

PROS:
1) Super convenient and slick packaging. I love how you can stick this in purses, slide into pockets, and pretty much carry it anywhere. I also prefer not having people know that I'm carrying a concealer around, so the packaging is just plain perfect for me.
2) Decent color match, but could be better (I'm C3-C4 in MAC and got matched with NSA.)
3) Easy application and good coverage. The concealer has a creamy smooth texture, making blending a breeze.

CONS:
1) Limited color choices. I still don't find NSA a perfect match, and can see many darker skinned girls having problems as well.
2) HORRIBLE WEAR. This thing's completely gone in less than an hour on my nose, and less than 3 hours on my face, which isn't even oily.

VEDICT:
Decent product, mediocre price at 17 bucks, but I'll never purchase again for sure. What's the use of wearing concealer if I have to worry about it sliding off my face 24/7? Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda Palette blows this out of the water.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by kimko

I'm a fan of this. I was using one of Everyday Mineral's concealers when I finally decided that it was too messy and that I needed a new one. After buying UDPP, I grabbed one of these to put in my cart after reading the reviews. This pencil is super easy to use and store. I draw on my face the spots that need concealing and rub it it with my finger. This pencil is amazing for covering acne scaring and undereye circles; super creamy. The only problem is when I try and cover pimples, it tends to get a little chalky and leave a powder line around the pimple. Another problem I found is that they don't make too many colors. I'm pale and I use the 2nd shade in DEA. I thought DEA was too dark for me until I figured out that it is just right! Unless you're really pale, I'd get the 2nd shade. Other then those two issues, that I am very pleased with this pencil. Sometimes I go without foundation and just use the pencil for concealing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No