November 25, 2014 | 1830 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I usually wait til I have an item for several weeks before I review it, but in this case it's been several months! I don't know why I never reviewed this before. I don't expect any miracles from this product, and don't get any. Vitamin C is proven to protect against free radicals and help w/ collagen production. I am very vigilant about sun exposure, and I think it's amazing that Philosophy has made a product based on real science that any dermatologist will back, and not just promising you the world. I love that you can use with pretty much whatever product you're already using. I just mix a little scoop of this with my Eucerin Everyday Protection SPF 30 for sensitive skin every morning. I've used Vit C products in the past and gotten breakouts, but I haven't had that problem with this. Probably because they're not mixing it with a million ingredients. I also think the price ($35) is reasonable for what you get. I've had this for about four months and haven't even used 50% of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you are looking for a high potency vit C product that is stable, this is great!!! Mix a small amount of this powder with your favorite serum or moisturizer. It is so easy to add to your existing routine. It is meant to be used in the AM and it is important not to combine this with prodcuts containing retinol. I use this in the morning and retinoid pads at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by NEO1

this product is amazing,i mix with my pure argan oil and my skin has never been this smooth and my dark spots have completely faded.i never believed that anything could make my skin firmer and this does the job.i've tried most of the expensive creams like chanel lancome..etc
and this turbo c-booster powder with my argen oil is the only thing that works for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by babysbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Philosophy’s Turbo Booster C Powder is expensive, but it’s worth every dime.
This powder comes in an amber glass bottle and includes a tiny little plastic spoon. I hate to say this, but my first impression when using this product was that it looked like I was spooning out an illicit drug!

All joking aside, I love that you can use the powder to mix a “fresh batch” with any serum or lotion you normally use. I put about 2 pumps worth of face lotion in the palm of my hand, and add a scoop of the powder. Incorporating the powder into the lotion takes very little effort. The mixture doesn’t thicken, clump or feel gritty, and maintains the same consistency of my regular face lotion.

I’ve been using this daily for the past few weeks, and I can already see a difference. My skin is super soft, and looks brighter and fresher overall. It’s an easy and effective way to incorporate a skin brightening treatment into my low-maintenance skin care routine.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 2 months now. I have noticed a difference in my skin. My blackheads are gone and my skin has cleared up a lot. I don't even break out when I am pmsing at all. I did not notice that some of my hyper pigmentation has lessen though. It says on the packaging that you cannot use it at night. I contacted Philosophy and they said just don't use it with products containing retinol. So... I have been using it morning and night. I mix it with my sunblock and I mix it with my night cream. I also mix it with Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough serum. I never felt the tingling effect that some people have described. I use to hate how I have to use the scoop to mix everyday but now it is just part of my routine. I already purchased another bottle that is now waiting in the fridge for me to finish using my first bottle. For $35 a bottle, I think it is worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kbohaty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about 1.5 months and I definitely notice an improvement in my face. My face is brighter and my skin looks more even. I use the product about 4-5 days a week in the morning and I feel like it even helps my makeup stay on better. Compared to the Skinceuticals vitamin C product I always read about, the price is VERY good plus it actually gives results. It takes an extra step to mix it in with your lotion/serum/whatever but I think its worth it. I keep the bottle in the fridge and portion out a bit into one of those MAC sample containers, which I hope is helping the product stay stable longer but who really knows. Either way, I've seen results and am impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ari496

Like a lot of the other people who have tried this, I had really dull skin (esp. in the winter) and bad breakouts. It really brightened my skin. Now it glows. It has really helped with my acne too. I don't have any bad breakouts and the acne scars have faded quickly and are now gone. My skin feels so fresh and pretty. It's a little expensive, but that's ok. I get such great results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I'd found this stuff years ago. I've been using it for almost a month now and my skin looks amazing. I've always had uneven pigmentation but this has improved it so much I no longer wear foundation! I highly recommend trying it. Get a small sample at Sephora and you'll see results in a week and it just keeps getting better after that. HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Lilectronic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Philosophy's Vitamin C skincare products are truly amazing. I've been a huge fan of the Microdelivery peel for years, so I decided to try out the Turbo Booster C Powder and Microdelivery Exfoliating wash.

I have added a bit of the powder to my nighttime product (Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle) for the past 3 nights and have already had amazing results. I was experiencing dull skin and a breakout (3 large blemishes and various blackheads), and it has actually totally smoothed them and brightened my skin. The spots have faded, a painful cystic has retreated, and my skin feels fresh and pretty again. This is the line for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by amy1S

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's simple enough to use.
1 scoop in the am with any serum or moisturizer and thats it. It mixes really well with anything.

Any added vitatmins on your face is A.O.K. by me!