July 28, 2014 | 980 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 2 months now. I have noticed a difference in my skin. My blackheads are gone and my skin has cleared up a lot. I don't even break out when I am pmsing at all. I did not notice that some of my hyper pigmentation has lessen though. It says on the packaging that you cannot use it at night. I contacted Philosophy and they said just don't use it with products containing retinol. So... I have been using it morning and night. I mix it with my sunblock and I mix it with my night cream. I also mix it with Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough serum. I never felt the tingling effect that some people have described. I use to hate how I have to use the scoop to mix everyday but now it is just part of my routine. I already purchased another bottle that is now waiting in the fridge for me to finish using my first bottle. For $35 a bottle, I think it is worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kbohaty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about 1.5 months and I definitely notice an improvement in my face. My face is brighter and my skin looks more even. I use the product about 4-5 days a week in the morning and I feel like it even helps my makeup stay on better. Compared to the Skinceuticals vitamin C product I always read about, the price is VERY good plus it actually gives results. It takes an extra step to mix it in with your lotion/serum/whatever but I think its worth it. I keep the bottle in the fridge and portion out a bit into one of those MAC sample containers, which I hope is helping the product stay stable longer but who really knows. Either way, I've seen results and am impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ari496

Like a lot of the other people who have tried this, I had really dull skin (esp. in the winter) and bad breakouts. It really brightened my skin. Now it glows. It has really helped with my acne too. I don't have any bad breakouts and the acne scars have faded quickly and are now gone. My skin feels so fresh and pretty. It's a little expensive, but that's ok. I get such great results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I'd found this stuff years ago. I've been using it for almost a month now and my skin looks amazing. I've always had uneven pigmentation but this has improved it so much I no longer wear foundation! I highly recommend trying it. Get a small sample at Sephora and you'll see results in a week and it just keeps getting better after that. HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Lilectronic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Philosophy's Vitamin C skincare products are truly amazing. I've been a huge fan of the Microdelivery peel for years, so I decided to try out the Turbo Booster C Powder and Microdelivery Exfoliating wash.

I have added a bit of the powder to my nighttime product (Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle) for the past 3 nights and have already had amazing results. I was experiencing dull skin and a breakout (3 large blemishes and various blackheads), and it has actually totally smoothed them and brightened my skin. The spots have faded, a painful cystic has retreated, and my skin feels fresh and pretty again. This is the line for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by amy1S

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's simple enough to use.
1 scoop in the am with any serum or moisturizer and thats it. It mixes really well with anything.

Any added vitatmins on your face is A.O.K. by me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very pleased with this product and I would definitely purchase it again. I have had some splotches of hyperpigmentation on my face for about 10 years now. Mostly on my chin and cheekbones. Over the past 2 years I noticed that the dark patches were getting darker and deeper and I couldn't even conceal them with makeup anymore unless I wanted to look like I was wearing a mask of foundation. I kept hearing that vit c is good for helping with dark spots so I took the plunge and bought a bottle of this turbo C powder. I didn't get immediate results. Some people say that vit c gives them an instant glow but I didn't experience this. However after about 2 weeks of daily use I did notice a clearer brighter skin tone. Now 1 month later I am very pleased with the results. The hyper pigmentation has definitely faded to something more manageable and a small layer of foundation hides it entirely. I mix a full scoop in with my whine serum (another philosophy product that I have grown to love) and I can't believe that I am actually getting real results. I could probably cut back to 1/2 scoop now. Just this morning I was sitting at my mirror looking at my face and I was seriously tempted to not wear any foundation as my skin just looked so healthy and bright. But alas! I'm not that brave yet. I often do run errands without makeup on but I have never gone to work without my full face on. Maybe someday.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by engk916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder, I wanted a good antioxidant but most antioxidants come pre-mixed with moisturizers that don't work for my bone dry skin. Finally stumbled upon this powder. It takes some practice to get the right amount mixed in with my shiseido lotion, but it WORKS! My skin is bright and dewy and one bottle lasts for months. Vitamin c degrades when exposed to light so I keep my bottle and scoop in the box it came in.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lisahmad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for almost 1 year and I LOVE this product!!! Finally something (Vitamin C-in-a-bottle) that works on me!!! I use it every morning (mixed with my moisturizer) and I can see improvement in my skin in a few days - my face is a litlle brighter and skin tone more even. It's NOT a miracle cream and its a PAIN to scoop and mix sometimes - but it works. I only use it in the day, I keep the bottle tightly closed and clean my scooper (sp?) often. When I first bought it, I thought it was expensive for a teeny tiny little bottle - but trust me, it last for months. Highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by eponine26

I use this a couple of times a week, and I have definitely noticed that it's made my complexion brighter. It also seems to help a little with the dark marks I get after a breakout (I have olive skin so even the tiniest zit leaves a dark mark -- argh). My skin gets dull and tired-looking really easily, and I find that this really helps counteract that. I definitely think it's worth it just for that. Oh, and my skin is fairly sensitive, but this doesn't seem to bother it. It tingles a tiny bit when I put it on, but that' sit. I don't use it every single day, but I'm actually going to try to do just that from now on, to see if I get even better results.