November 22, 2014 | 963 users online

Palettes - TheBalm - Shady Lady Eyeshadow Palette - Vol. 1

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by fallingxstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this palette today from Sephora. I love it. The color selection is great and the textures are really nice also. You can get a lot of nice looks out of this for day or evening, subtle or dramatic. I've read reviews saying that the darker liner colors were a little harder to work with but I've had no problems at all. The size of the pans are very generous. This definitely a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by vickyyy

i love this palette, it's one of my favorites. the colors are perfect, nothing to outrageous, it's nice and dark. i would definetly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by bellamami

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this pallette at the makeup show in NYC for only $20 compared to what the rest of you payed ($37), which is a bargain, bc these eyeshadows are simply AMAZING! I love the intensity of these shadows and the pigmentation is just out of this world. i had not heard of this brand until i went to the show and passed their booth, what caught my attention the most was the dark green shadow which is just breathtaking in the pallette and on the eyes. all of the colors are pretty enough to wear during the day, and can be made darker and smoky for the night. this pallette is definetly worth trying if you want to experiment with blots of different colors that can also be coordinated beautifully. the staying power is wonderful and i may even dare to say they are better than mac with the right primer and eye cream. if you use a colored base that is the same/similar as the color you are using, it makes the e/s pop so much better. i could go on all day about this pallette but overall, BUY IT NOW!!! they are one of the BEST e/s i have ever used!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by jackieedang

the colors in this palette matches perfectly and it's really pigmented so thats a plus. overall i really like this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cullenette

I'm not really a fan a palettes because usually I like only a few colors in it and I'm stuck with the rest. However, I'm going on holiday soon and when I saw this one I knew that it would be perfect for travel. All of the colors in this one are gorgeous with great pigmentation and blendability. $37 may seem a bit steep at first, but when you do the math its about $4 per shadow so its a great deal. And as always, I'm a sucker for anything with animal print packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

LOve this palette.
the shadows are very pigmented. I am pretty picky about eyeshadows and so far these are up there in quality with mac and NYX.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first ever MU splurge as a treat to myself one day at sephora. I never had the urge to buy a palette the way i did with this! I rationalized it by realizing it wasn't that bad to pay 36$ for 9 shadows, that's like 4 bucks a pop with the convenience of all of them together! I was initially drawn to the adorable package first off, and then by the colors! they have such a nice shimmer, blend well and are pigmented if you apply with different brush types. You can create a good daytime look and some killer evening ones too! I am so glad I bought this, it was the key for the door of my MU addiction and there is no turning back now! the only color I hardly wear is the navy blue one. the rest are very wearable to me which is a plus! Some may not like that this does not include any kind of applicator for a palette this size and style but it is fine with me because I prefer my own brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by refuse2lookold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. I'm in love. I have not bought a pre-made palette in so long, but this is heaven. High quality, beautiful shades. High quality mirror in compact. You know that weird shape you get sometimes. High quality all the way. Fabulous. You will not regret this purchase!!!

*UPDATE: If you are considering buying this palette, don't get too exited about the dark green or blue colors. All the others are wonderful, but these two don't look as color rich as I would like. No biggie, it is still worth the price. I already know I will hit pan soon from lots of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jessybaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette is such a great deal! The shadows are all so pretty. They look really sparkly in the pan, but on your eyes they're just right. All of the colors are really pigmented and pretty crease resistant. Plus, TheBalm shadows are better for people with sensitive skin around their eyes because they don't contain a lot of common irritants.

I'd buy it again even though I'll probably never need to because you get SO much shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by LadyDianeC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ladies, ladies.this pallette is gorgeous, and I swear to you some of these shades are dupes for higher end brand such as NARS, and MAC...and maybe some others. This brown they have in this one is called "Caught in the Act" it's a dupe for NARS "Galapagos' a beautiful shimmery brown..with gold specks. I'm so glad I bought this one pallette instead of one NARS shade. These colors are so blendable, and just goreous..I'm gonna start checking out more TheBalm products, cause this pallette has me coming back for more. Wish the packaging were better..but still love it.

NC45 MAC