October 20, 2014 | 1945 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Baixinha

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product, any mascara stays put.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

As someone who is on a lifelong quest to defeat panda eyes, I really like this product. I wait until my mascara has set and dried, then put this on - it keeps the brush cleaner. It keeps my mascara looking good hours longer than it normally would, and spares me the dark smudges I normally get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

IT WORKS! It doesn't smell or irritate my eyes, and is easy to apply. I can use ANY mascara I want along with this one! No smudge/flake for 16 hours, even when I cry or rub my eyes. My only complaint would be: there is very little product in the tube, even at the first use, I had to wiggle the wand in and out a few times before getting the product on the wand!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this with a purchase special and really didn't think anything of it. It also came with a mascara. Normally I wear Dior Mascara or Lancome waterproof because My eyes tear up a lot (Contacts too). So I tend to stay away from non-waterproof mascaras. the only bad thing about that is that waterproof mascaras tend to clump more than regular ones. They also dry out faster. So I tried this with the Clarins mascara and was pleasantly surprised. My lashes looked great and no smudging, no flaking, no rubbing off! It's good stuff for those of us who end up with raccoon eyes at the end of the day or have oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Shimmer123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin. I've tried all the mascara out there, including "Kiss Me". But all of them slicked off. Clarin's Double Fix Mascara does the trick. You can use inexpensive mascara and just coat it with the Double Fix as a balance.

Simply put, without Double Fix, I wouldn't be able to wear ANY mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Kimness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product and I didn't even know it existed until I was browsing through product reviews trying to find a smudge free mascara. I have tried so many mascaras and they all give me black lines at the top of my eyes after half an hour. So I was constantly wiping my eyes and removing my eyeshadow in the process.

I use two coats of Dior Iconic Mascara, wait until it dries, then a coat of double fix. My mascara does not budge.

It is not the best for brows. It is a bit too thick and leaves my brows feeling wiry and sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by eedydeedy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really wanted to like this product, but unfortunately it was not to be. I had a very bad allergic reaction to it, and had to return it. Luckily, I got a full refund. thanks clarins. customer service was very good. I have never had a reaction with a clarins product before. Because they were so nice about my complaint, I would have no qualms about purchasing clarins products again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product can preserve me from dirty melting black eyes. thanks so much to clarins double fix mascara. simply wearing it after normal mascara and it can help your normal mascara stay all day on your lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Laurac7

I don't love this for fixing mascara. I do love it to refresh mascara, say for an evening out..to add a bit of gloss and it lifts the lashes higher and sets them into place there.
I find it too thick, gluey and gloopy..wish it was thinner as i find it hard to coat all the lashes..meaning have to push it hard onto them to cover them which can cause clumping and buildup. I never manage to fully cover them as i find even a new tube too thick.
I have never found it totally waterproofed any mascara (not even so called waterproof ones) but this is perhaps i find it hard to fully coat all my lashes. I still end up with smudges at end of day.
Also it melts mascara onto its brush...so you have to clean the brush each time or next time instead of applying clear Fix you will apply a watered black fix which of course will defeat the object by giving you panda smudges!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by jusangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Double Fix makes it possible for me to wear mascara. Period.

Without it, mascaras would smudge on my oily, hooded lids in minutes. (The only mascara that doesn't smudge on me is Blinc's Kiss Me mascara, but I don't like it because it sucks out all life/curl from my lashes.)

I apply my mascara like normal. After the mascara's dry, I *lightly* run Double Fix over it; sometimes I comb it through my lashes, and other times I gently roll the brush upward up the length of my lashes. I can see a clear, somewhat glossy layer right after, but it usually dries to an invisible finish.

Sometimes after I apply Double Fix, my lashes will clump together, so I have to run a metal lash comb through them. Sometimes, I think Double Fix de-curls my lashes, which is harder to fix because using a lash curler on top of layers of mascara and Double Fix results in more gunk and clumping.

After a really long day, like maybe 10-15 hours, I will get some mascara smudging or flaking.

I wish the applicator were better, and I also wish the performance (in terms of how long it works and whether it will de-curl my lashes) were more consistent.

I've tried this once on my brows and it worked OK; nothing spectacular, but it worked.

For reference, I have short, straight lashes, hooded Asian eyes, and use UDPP before any eye makeup (which slows down how fast mascara will smudge on me, but doesn't actually stop it like Double Fix does.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No