September 21, 2014 | 2112 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by xrenriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser is... okay. I've bought it multiple times. I actually don't find it to be over-drying, but that's probably due to the fact that my face is like an oil slick. I've gotten fewer pimples on my forehead after using this. However, now I have acne on my cheeks, which I didn't have before. The packaging is extremely annoying when travelling, because of the pump. You can't close the pump without dispensing a massive amount of the product in the process. I also wasn't initially loving the grapefruit scent, but it's grown on me. Overall, this product isn't bad, but it also isn't great. For someone with less oily skin than what I have, I'd definitely recommend moisturizing after using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by basedbabe19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin, but I only have a few pimples. I bought this product a few days ago with hopes that it could control the oil and help get rid of the breakout I currently had. I used this product a few nights ago and woke up with a lot more acne than before, in spots I don't normally break out in and have left acne scars. This product is pretty cheap for a face wash and the packaging is great but I don't think I'll be returning to it anytime soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I HATE THIS SCRUB. I used it a while back when my skin was just normal, it dried out my skin so much that I had these GIANT red zits that would last for WEEKS. It nearly ruined my skin. My skin went from normal to acne prone (and I never breakout), sensitive and dry as sandpaper. My skin recovered from the zits as soon as I stopped using it, but the areas were pink until a month or two ago. My skin is not quite as sensitive or as dry as it had been, but it still is quite dry and will never fully recover. I would not sabotage my worst enemy with this scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by AdelaideScars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells great, and worked well. It's probably my favourite exfoliant

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok...so, I give this product only 3 of 5 lippies because there is nothing SUPER SPECIAL about it which separates it from too many of the rest and make it superior. However, it ABSOLUTELY is a great scrub as far as effectiveness. In other words, it has done what I expected it to do. I have been using it for about a week and started using it to compare it to my AMBI exfoliating wash. Between the two I don't have a preferece but this wash I have been using more because it is a foaming wash and I have developed an affinity somehow for foaming washes. I like this scrub also because it is very gentle yet effective, the beads are not coarse like those that are in the St. Ives scrub, for example. The beads actually feel "gel-like" when massaging it into your skin; whereas, the St. Ives scrub feel more "sand-like." It has a light refreshing scent which is very pleasant for those who don't mind fragrance in their facewash. After using it my skin feels soft, fresh, and exfoliated. I'd put this in the ranks along with a brand such as Clean&Clear. It is helpful for keeping your skin clean and to use as a preventative treatment of sorts. If you have bad acne, however, I would say to be careful about using this; especially if you have acne AND sensitive skin because it does have fragrance and that will likely irritate your skin further and not do much to clear your trouble skin. If you have oily skin you want to control this is good also to clear away dead surface skin/cells that can cause your pores to clog from the overactivity of your sebaceous glands. But DO NOT rely on this to REDUCE the oil your skin produces because it likely WILL NOT perform that function.
Bottom line: I will continue using this product and would definitely recommend it to a anyone else looking for a good reliable scrub to keep their skin fresh.
~Adirenne Starr

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by edenlauren

This is the worst scrub I have ever used! I'm so disappointed. When I dried my face it feel too tight, and my face was getting red. I woke up the next day with pimples all over my cheeks and near my jawline ( places I never get pimples) and I was so upset. Since then the pimples never went away, I have scars now and now and then I still get pimples there but it's controlled by actual good scrubs unlike this disgrace

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a 37 year old woman with tough, oily skin and mild acne, I cannot ask for much more in a facial wash. It's inexpensive, smells lovely, removes all makeup, and exfoliates. The beads are smooth enough to not irritate my eye area or mess with my eyelashes and brows - but do the job of exfoliating. I can feel it in my skin when I don't use this - it feels less clean, less smooth, less refreshed. I even use it on my makeup brushes once a week (daily on my foundation stippling brush) to really get them clean. Now, if you have dry skin - not for you. If you have sensitive skin - not for you. If you have moderate to severe acne - not for you. But if you have oily, resilient skin with a few zits a month that needs a through cleaning and exfoliating - this is a great product.

PROS:
- inexpensive (shop sales)
- deep cleans
- beads are gentle yet effective
- smooths skin, prepping it well for moisturizer and makeup
- removes all makeup
- helps with mild acne
- great for oily skin
- great scent and color
- works well on my sigma and elf brushes
CONS:
- not a gentle product - sensitive skin beware
- not an HG acne fighter - you will still need zit cream on occasion
- can be drying for those without oily skin

For me, I think it's a great product for my oily, adult acne prone skin. I have been told I have great skin for my age, and this is definitely part of the regime that gets me there.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Zhanna41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have probably already bought my 6th one since first using this. I see big improvement in my skin after using this. I still get the occasional monthly breakouts but the rest of the month, my skin is so smooth and clear. A little pricey though but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by yesitslaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell is wonderful, just like grapefruit! This does better as an acne preventative rather than a treatment.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by dhawan

I had acne all over my head and after using this product it did clear acne on my forehead but i noticed acne on my cheeks and it didn't help with blackheads! :( It would always get on my lips making them dry, chapped and bumpy. Maybe this product just wasn't for my skin.