December 21, 2014 | 1864 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lovepinkcourtney

This is great! It's done its job of clearing my acne and softening my face. YES this does dry your face! But that's because it dries out acne! So what I use after to care for acne is I rub some ZAPZYT spot treatment on the acne, and then after that dries, I apply clean and clear dual action moisturizer all over. Done and done! Clears acne and no dryness. I recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Victorianstuff

so I love this product so much. I used to hate the brand Neutrogena but while I was at a hospital my roommate had this and told me I could use some. my face normally reacts very well with scrubs and always has, so when seeing this product I thought, "to heck that its from Neutrogena, its a scrub" for some background I hate Neutrogena because I found that when I was younger if I stopped using their product for even a day it would break me out even more I guess my skin has changed because this product works great. it clears my face up so well. I now have my third bottle of it and my only complaint is about the packaging and that the cap tends to break for a lot of people including myself... other than that its a great product. I suggest you have a moisturizer for after use though because it can get drying if used every day.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by samanthadam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always wanted a Neutrogena product to work on my face, every products feels dry and gives me more acne rather than prevent it.
The first time after buying this i felt my face SO soft, which I liked, and the smell and texture was amazing, actually felt that it was cleansing my skin and beyond!
After washing it off, my face felt "hard" I found it difficult to make expressions which was weird, but I just thought "hey, it's my first time using it".
I've used it for everynight for a week, and boyyyy do i regret it!
I've had more acne than before, pimples appear out of the blue!
my forhead that before was clean and smooth, not has those multiple small bumps and it feels ugly and dry.
I regret buying this so much! The packaging is adorable though, I'm really into pinks and peaches so this immediately drew my eye, and once I saw "grapefruit" I didn't even think it twice!
My face is naturally oily, but it made it BEYOND DRY. Like, crazy dry.
I wouldn't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by BorderChef

I have combination skin and during summer i get extra oily however I never had severe acne breakouts. This is not the usual product I use but I was once away and needed a cleanser so I bought this as I always saw neutrogena as a reputable company. After a week of using this, I began to get terrible cystic acne all over my face. I'm 29 but I look like 13 year old with either chicken pox or severe acne or both. I went to beauty therapist and I was told that the chemicals in neutrogena were too strong for my face and it has stripped off layers that protected my skin causing more oil build up and then resulting in acne. My skin has stopped producing acne since i threw out 3/4 of a bottle but the cystic acne has left scars all over my face. I cannot speak for everyone else as each skin type is different but unfortunately I will not be purchasing this again and I dont feel comfortable recommending it. I am only giving it a 1 because I can't give zero.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by xrenriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser is... okay. I've bought it multiple times. I actually don't find it to be over-drying, but that's probably due to the fact that my face is like an oil slick. I've gotten fewer pimples on my forehead after using this. However, now I have acne on my cheeks, which I didn't have before. The packaging is extremely annoying when travelling, because of the pump. You can't close the pump without dispensing a massive amount of the product in the process. I also wasn't initially loving the grapefruit scent, but it's grown on me. Overall, this product isn't bad, but it also isn't great. For someone with less oily skin than what I have, I'd definitely recommend moisturizing after using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by basedbabe19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin, but I only have a few pimples. I bought this product a few days ago with hopes that it could control the oil and help get rid of the breakout I currently had. I used this product a few nights ago and woke up with a lot more acne than before, in spots I don't normally break out in and have left acne scars. This product is pretty cheap for a face wash and the packaging is great but I don't think I'll be returning to it anytime soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I HATE THIS SCRUB. I used it a while back when my skin was just normal, it dried out my skin so much that I had these GIANT red zits that would last for WEEKS. It nearly ruined my skin. My skin went from normal to acne prone (and I never breakout), sensitive and dry as sandpaper. My skin recovered from the zits as soon as I stopped using it, but the areas were pink until a month or two ago. My skin is not quite as sensitive or as dry as it had been, but it still is quite dry and will never fully recover. I would not sabotage my worst enemy with this scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by AdelaideScars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells great, and worked well. It's probably my favourite exfoliant

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok...so, I give this product only 3 of 5 lippies because there is nothing SUPER SPECIAL about it which separates it from too many of the rest and make it superior. However, it ABSOLUTELY is a great scrub as far as effectiveness. In other words, it has done what I expected it to do. I have been using it for about a week and started using it to compare it to my AMBI exfoliating wash. Between the two I don't have a preferece but this wash I have been using more because it is a foaming wash and I have developed an affinity somehow for foaming washes. I like this scrub also because it is very gentle yet effective, the beads are not coarse like those that are in the St. Ives scrub, for example. The beads actually feel "gel-like" when massaging it into your skin; whereas, the St. Ives scrub feel more "sand-like." It has a light refreshing scent which is very pleasant for those who don't mind fragrance in their facewash. After using it my skin feels soft, fresh, and exfoliated. I'd put this in the ranks along with a brand such as Clean&Clear. It is helpful for keeping your skin clean and to use as a preventative treatment of sorts. If you have bad acne, however, I would say to be careful about using this; especially if you have acne AND sensitive skin because it does have fragrance and that will likely irritate your skin further and not do much to clear your trouble skin. If you have oily skin you want to control this is good also to clear away dead surface skin/cells that can cause your pores to clog from the overactivity of your sebaceous glands. But DO NOT rely on this to REDUCE the oil your skin produces because it likely WILL NOT perform that function.
Bottom line: I will continue using this product and would definitely recommend it to a anyone else looking for a good reliable scrub to keep their skin fresh.
~Adirenne Starr

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by edenlauren

This is the worst scrub I have ever used! I'm so disappointed. When I dried my face it feel too tight, and my face was getting red. I woke up the next day with pimples all over my cheeks and near my jawline ( places I never get pimples) and I was so upset. Since then the pimples never went away, I have scars now and now and then I still get pimples there but it's controlled by actual good scrubs unlike this disgrace