April 17, 2014 | 1572 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Eye Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I added this to an order based on reviews. Turns out I should have added two. The reviews are right, this is a versatile brush, and you will find a use or three for it. Very soft, just like the regular kabuki. Love the bamboo handle.

Yes, it's way too big to apply shadow, unless you are someone who just sweeps across your whole eye and calls it done. It is nice for blending though! Also good for adding a bit of highlighter across your cheekbones, applying mineral concealer, or as I like to do, applying a bit more mineral foundation over a spot of liquid concealer.

Do you ever grab a regular sized brush (like the regular kabuki or a blush brush) and use just the edge of it? Then you need this brush.

Update: I still love this brush, about to order another. Turns out lately I actually am using it for eye shadow. I like it for sparkly things like stila starlight and kitten. I can just do a quick stab at my lids with this when I'm needing to get out the door, and poof I'm done. Not for precision, but it does apply washes beautifully without fallout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Great brush. I bought a 2nd a few months after purchasing my 1st. I use it mostly for concealer under my eyes and around my nose. In addition to all the advantages mentioned by others, it is a good LENGTH. I hate the very long make up brushes because they don't fit nicely into a bag for travel and sometimes hit against the mirror if you are applying something really precisely and need to work very close to the mirror. This brush is about 6 inches in length, which is long enough to hold and manipulate comfortably but not so long as to bump the mirror. It fits nicely into a ziplock sandwich bag....which I use for my MU when traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kds71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is too big for applying eyeshadow, but it is fabulous for applying color all over the lid, under eye concealer and highlighter. No shedding, easy to handle and great coverage. Also love the tiny version available on their site for concealer and buffing color in crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by tpzhearts

I use this for concealing, it's way too big to use for blending or applying eyeshadow if you want precision. Sometimes I use it to apply a light wash of neutral e/s though. This brush isn't as soft as I was expecting it to be (compared to EDM's concealer brush and flat top kabuki brush). But don't get me wrong - it's still very soft and not scratchy at all. I use this with sunlight concealer for any marks / redness on my face and for my undereyes.. it is so much faster because of the large size of the brush. I also like how it can blend in concealer well since it's a kabuki. This stands up great to washes and dries quickly (synthetic hairs). Has only shed 1-2 hairs MAX in the 6 months I've had it. This brush is also great for applying highlighter on the nose and cheek bones. I love the fat handle too, it feels sturdy in my hand. I bought this off a friend for half price, but the original price on the EDM website is a very good deal considering the quality and usefulness of the brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by sesameyee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This brush is amazing! My favourite brush from EDM
Synthetic bristles are very soft.
It has the perfect size fot blending under eye concealers
(no matter what form powder,liquid or cream) it blends so well.
sometimes i use this brush for applying all over eyelid color
and hightlighter

I got this brush for more than ayear and it didn't shed at all.
It is very good for its price and qualiy

I am planing to get more eye kabuki brushes in my collection as it is so multi- tasking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There are few products on MUA that get such high ratings.

the reason for this is simple: this is an excellent brush at a reasonable price.

I bought one last year and when I started to use it immediately bought two more -- I love it and use it for all my blending of eyeshadows and even to apply Secret Concealer powder on top of corrector/concealer.

This is a hell of a buy -- great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by BreAnn21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this brush! I bought two of these brushes, but I wish I had bought four or five. I mainly use one to do a whole eye wash application. I use my second one of these to blend my countour area. I have learned you can use it for so much more. This is the best buy of mine for more than four years. I have not had much shedding. I use them daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Xelestra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A limerick review, dedicated to olelala (who traded it to me).

I'm melting into a pile of mush
After using EM's kabuki eye brush.
Synthetic bristles soft/posh,
Great for all-over lid wash,
Also fab for contouring and highlighting blush!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by princessshar

This brush is an multipurpose brush that is about a centimeter wide on the tip, and ever so slightly rounded. The brush is gloriously soft, and can be used to apply concealer under the eyes, in the corners of the nose, on the eyelid for a base colour that you extend to the brow. This is notttt a brush for contouring or meticulous work on the eyes (like the crease or outer v) because it is quite large for that. However, its very effective to use on the areas I mentioned, and more. I use it every single day. I love this because it doesn't tug at the delicate eye area (important for preventing premature wrinkles around the eyes), and blends VERY well. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

The name really says it all with this brush. It's a kabuki brush in that it is very fat and dense but it's size is made for the eye area. I use it to apply a wash of neutral shadow alllllll over my lids and up to the bone everyday. Sometimes I've even used it to apply a little apple of shimmer on my cheekbone and run it down my nose for a little shimmer there. I can definitely see why you'd use it to apply concealer for the nose area. It's just a great brush.