April 17, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! It's so great for chapped, dry lips. I feel that it's moisturizing, not at all greasy, and produces only a protective layer of moisture to keep your lips hydrated for longer. This is especially good in the winter time. I love the soft, wet-like texture. It's the best lip balm I've used; It made my lips perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this to moisturize my lips before lipstick application. I apply when starting my makeup and wipe the excess off before putting on lipstick at the end of my makeup ritual. Has helped protect my lips from drying lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was recommended this by my twin for years and I neve believed her. This winter, my lips have become ridiculously chapped and dry, and nothing was helping. I searched this out at CVS, and I am in love! Does moisturize my lips, and it lasts for awhile. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love this lip balm! It's the best chapstick I've ever used. I'll never trade it for another lip balm. Moisturizes, lasts all day and goes great with putting on lipstick or lip gloss. Best lip balm ever by Nivea!! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite lip balm. It gives you that soothed moisturized feeling instantly. If you over-apply, it can feel greasy, but it's really more like a light waxy consistency. Probably not healing enough for chapped lips, but if you just like the feeling of a little more suppleness, it's a go-to.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I probably wouldn't buy this balm again due to its greasiness. This formula is more lightweight than I prefer, and its ingredient list isn't impressive. Initially I liked this balm, but that changed as time wore on. Currently I use up what I have left in tube 2 by applying before bed, though I'd doubtfully buy this product again in the future. Before this balm, I'd go with Lypsyl.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This lip balm is incredibly moisturizing, but Ireally didn't appreciate how greasy the consistency was. It seemed great at first but after a while it just feels like a layer of grease. Since I have oily skin, I did not like the feeling the balm gave me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I'm here to review the NIVEA ESSENTIAL lip balm. I can't find it on MUA soooo I'll just write my review here.
So this balm came in a set of 2 for around $2. It has a lot of product and fragrance free. I am on my second tube and I like to use this at night.
It is a thick balm consistency that provides a shiney finish.
As far as moisturizing goes, it is not bad but not that effective. It coats my lips with a layer of balm but I don't see major improvements to help moisturize or smooth out my lips.
It is really bad as a base under lipstick. It prevents colour payoff from the lipstick so I have to swipe many many times to have them show up.
Not amazing but it's okay. I would say this is better for kids, because it is fragrance free and very basic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nivea "A Kiss of Moisture-Essential Lip Care" (non-SPF version!) came highly recommended to me by my regular physician. She said it was one of the best mild lip balms on the market (next to plain Vaseline) and I couldn't agree more.

It's housed in a medium blue tube with a white cap. The balm is white, but glides on clear. It has a smooth and soft texture, not waxy, and has absolutely no flavor/taste. It's virtually fragrance-free -- I do discern a *very* subtle scent (Mustela-like?), but it's not enough to really notice, plus it's nice. The finish is glossy and it leaves my lips moisturized for hours. A perfect lipbalm for both day and night.

I bought it on-sale at CVS (buy one get one 50% off) and I keep one in my purse and the other on my nightstand. I won't hesitate to repurchase when I run low.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is Nivea lip balm, A Touch of Moisture. The packaging is standard, just a blue plastic tube, would be nice if it clicked close. This balm is really nice though and does its job well.It's untinted and unscented, but makes your lips look healthy and pretty. It melts into your lips and feels slightly slippery but not annoyingly so. It lasts for a good while, and has seriously protected my lips this winter. It's a little more than I would pay for a balm like this, but you get a good amount of product, and you can find coupons and sales on it. This is something to stock up on for the winter!