April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Glamour Check!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by svetlana89

To me, it looks similar to Twinks in the pot, but I guess it's more brownish as Twinks is more plummish. It applies really smoothly, like all Starflash eyeshadows. A beautiful brown perfect for everyday wear with just enough shimmer to keep it interesting.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by ccupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Looks really great on my NW35 skin and green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i ♥ ADORE ♥ this eyeshadow! i actually bought it at the MAC counter on a whim and was seriously considering returning it until i tried it on the other night. in the pan it's a deep shimmery mink brown with a coppery, reddish cast. i know that the mention of 'red' in an eyeshadow might scare some people away but it's really beautiful and makes the shadow something more than just another boring brown. i've been on such a winged liner kick all summer that i can't remember the last time i wore regular shadow and Glamour Check! really brought me back around. the texture of this shadow is just heavenly; it goes on so soft and velvety and blends like magic! i wore it alone as a wash, applied sheerly, with just a touch of Stila Kitten near my tear duct and it looked beautiful! it would also look gorgeous used as a crease shade with other colors (i'm thinking about pairing it with Parrot or Shimmermoss) or applied more deeply for a smoky look. in my opinion this eyeshadow is a must-have for blue or green-eyed girls because it really makes your eye color stand out. although i can never see myself using up a whole shadow, if i did and this wasn't LE i would definitely buy it again. if you see it at the counter and it doesn't look too exciting to you, swatch it and see what you think. that's how it hooked me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty brownish reddish color. To me it's not much different from embark, just a bit more shimmer. I use Glamour Check mostly as a crease color as it looks good with a smoky eye and black lid color. I have so many other browns that look as good or similar so I give this a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by CallistoLuna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful mahogany subtly shimmery color. It is supremely neutral, so it would suit any cool/warm complexion. I really do hope that MAC makes this a permanent color. The texture and the color is perfect for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by EriBaby1920

I just love this shade when I saw it at the MAC counter! It makes my green eyes pop! Its a burgundy shade with mauve/purplish shimmer! Its just lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Sinnamon_1

This is a very pretty shade. It's a deep reddish brown with subtle shimmer. But don't be fooled. As deep of a color as this appeared in the pan, it's actually a lot sheerer on the lid, AND it's not quite as velvety as the other Starflash shadows. The first one I got, after comparing it to the smooth texture of Smoke and Diamonds, and Mink and Sable, I saw such a difference that I actually called Mac to inquire. They sent me another shadow free of charge, claiming the textures should be the same for all, and when I got it, the 2nd one was exactly the same as the first. So I think it's just something with this color because the others I've tried were like suede! Anyway, it is good for a simple, almost neutral eye when worn against a DDD complexion. And it makes a LOVELY crease color. Overall, a decent color, OK texture. But it still seemed to fade and crease a bit throughout the day if I don't use a primer with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by karensanford

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll be the first to say it--this is a DEAD RINGER for Stila Twig. I'm talking identical. Since sometimes swatches look different for me than actual use, I put Twig on one eye and Glamour Check on the other. Nope, no difference. In fact, at least three colors in the Starflash collection are Stila dupes, but that's another story.

That said, Glamour Check is a nice reddish brown with a sheen. I wouldn't describe it as frosty, as did MAC, but definitely beautifully light reflective. It goes on smoothly and softly. Very flattering to my blue eyes and fair skin, I would buy this again if I ran out of both it and Twig. I will definitely be using it this fall. Earth to MAC--make the Starflash collection permanent!

Starflash, July 2008
$14.50

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Funny thing about Glamour Check!... it is described by MAC as a "frosty reddish-brown," and it sort of looks that way in the pan. (Definitely brown, though.) I used this in my crease, and it looked a pretty, chocolate brown-- no red from any angle, in any lighting, or in any mirror. However, when used to line my lower lashes with a smudge brush, it looked very red- almost like a different color eyeshadow than was in my crease! Looked very much like MAC Twinks when used as a liner. I have hazel eyes, and this was recommended to me to pick up the green in my eyes. I would say it did, and it looked very nice while it did it. :o)

Although nice, I don't find this one back-up worthy like Grand Entrance or Smoke & Diamonds, and I think as far as browns go, I might like Go just a teeny bit better... continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Glamour Check! from the Starflash collection (July 2008) is a reddish brown, too red for my liking; I can't wear this without looking like I've cried all day long. If you can wear it it would be extra gorgeous to blue eyes, though! I didn't find the texture as impressive as the other Starflashes, but it isn't bad at all. Overall, this isn't for me but I'm sure many will like it.