August 20, 2014 | 906 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by mushyshellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the foundation, blush, and powder in the MUFE HD line, but this primer is garbage. It settles into lines (i'm 18, i shouldn't have lines, and don't without this product on) It makes my skin so oily and dewy which i absolutely hate. I like a matte finish, this product does nothing and goes by quickly. I have combo/dry oily skin. This stuff just isn't for me and it definitely does not make my make up last, it actually makes me need to keep dabbing it down because a shiny oil field is reflecting off of my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I generally use Too Faced Primed and Poreless, but I just recently ran out and I don't have the funds to re-purchase as of yet. I had gotten a travel-sized tube ($15 on Sephora.com by itself) of this stuff at X-mas in a MUFE set, so I figured now was as good a time as any to try it out. Initially, I was pretty wary of this product. A friend of mine had bought this primer in one of the colored formulations and said that it was nothing special, and that it clogged her pores. However, my experience with this primer was the complete opposite. My pores appear much smaller when I use this primer, my skin is more radiant, and my makeup (Laura Mercier Mineral SPF) applies over this like a dream-- smooth, even skin tone and texture, even without other products from the HD line. The texture is much thinner, less sticky and greasy feeling, and fast absorbing.

Is it a miracle worker? Well, no. I still have to blot about 3 to 4 hours post makeup application, sometimes sooner. However, I've noticed less product slips off on my blotting papers than with TF PP. More importantly, at the end of a long day of work and school (8 to 12 hrs), my foundation is still there, and I don't have as much of that haggard, worn in look to my makeup that can happen as the day wears on. After about a month of use, I haven't had any breakouts, either.

All in all, I like this primer. It was a good deal as part of the set I bought, but a little pricey as a travel size on it's own. I think that when my birthday rolls around I'll let go of the $$ to buy the full-size. For me, it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by clbrothwell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this primer to use under MUFE HD foundation. I like the feel of this because it's more like a moisturizer. It helps keep the HD foundation on all day. The one draw back is I can only use it under the HD foundation. Any other foundation makes me feel cakey and oily after a couple hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jessicawong57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One Of My favorite primers it gives me a good base and it works well on me

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by muffinlove

I'm glad this isn't the first primer I ever used or I would have never tried another one. What I'm gathering from the reviews is that this works on certain skin types. I have moderately oily skin and it does NOT work for me. When I put my MUFE HD foundation over it I didn't get the usual amazing looking skin I do when I used the smashbox primer. And 5 hours later it looks like I'm not wearing foundation at all. Bummer. I do really LOVE the MUFE foundation and concealer though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Wanted to love this, but was so disappointed in this primer. Fortunately I got a sample before I attempted to swap for it/buy it. It goes on easily but doesn't enhance the longevity of my foundation, which still breaks up around my nose by the end of the day. I might as well not have worn any primer at all! I prefer the Hourglass Veil mineral primer over this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay product. It does help my foundation last longer and adds moisture to my face which is always good since I have dry skin. Has great packaging. I expect so much more out of this since I spent $32 dollars on it! For a high end primer it should help with more than two things. I will most likely try something different next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryMojito

Before I wanted to buy this, I asked for a sample from Sephora, and glad I did. So, glad that I did not buy this. I have oily skin and this made me look way oilyyyyyyyyy. This is a NO for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Might buy again. This is comparable to other Primers out there. It does have a scent, kind of that flowery skincare cream scent you find in lancome products. So if you don't like scents, stay away. the primer itself does the job, especially under the HD Makeup. I would say it's better than average but not the HG in primers. It's lightweight, breathable and sinks in well. the one thing I was hoping it would do, was hide my pores a bit more. Needless to say, it failed in that regard. I think Benefit makes a better and cheaper primer for those of us with enlarged pore issues. I'll keep this around for better skin days.

Update: I'm returning this to Sephora. For the price, it's not worth it. This stuff dissipates off my face within a few hours and I look like I got nothing on at all. Very disappointing, but for the price, it has to go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer22309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I found my HG Primer! This Primer is Awesome!!
I've been using Too faced "primed and poreless" and Macs "Prep and Prime". Both Honestly Suck compared to this primer. My make up looks blended and makes it look like im wearing less make up.. Eventually when i can afford to, im going to try the rest of the line.