October 25, 2014 | 973 users online

Nails - Konad

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by toots13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love my Konad! My daughter and I have so much fun with it. You can make designs that are subtle and elegant or mod and flashy. I got mine from ocnailart with free shipping and 30% off with blogger codes. Do a search for the codes - there's always a discount code from the bloggers for ocnail art and wowsocool. With a little practice, you will be amazed at what you can do. I think the white and black special polishes are worth it to buy, but plenty of my regular polishes work well too. Check this list for polishes that work well. http://sassestampingstampede.wordpress.com/polish/
Some recommendations:
1. Get the double sided stamper - it's easier for me to use
2. Get the plastic scraper and hold at 90 degrees to scrape
3. Full nail plates were easier for me to use at first bc they don't need to be centered.
4. Roll the stamper across the plate and roll onto nail
5. You must work quickly or polish starts to dry and doesn't work
6. Clean plate and stamper after each stamp with remover. I use a cheap tweezer to hold a cotton ball to clean and not mess up my nails

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ordered the double sided stamper/scraper set, black & white special polishes, plates m57-(animal prints & fishnet) and m25-(rose, butterfly & flowers) from wowsocool.com using the discount code xsparkage which gave me 25% off!!

I wanted this set after seeing Nihrida's konad designs, heres a few konad designs which shes done beautifully using the plates i bought:

I LOVE animal print so bought the m57 for me and the m25 for my aunty to use. i was suprised how quickly i got the hang of using it, i was worried it'd be really hard. but like 2nd try and i had the zebra print working perfectly! (its my fave, baby pink nail with black stripes. and even mint pastel green with black stripes) a few more tries for the fishnet and other pattens, but wow, the effect is soo nice and sexy! i love this too:

its really easy but looks so effective!

-work quickly,
-have all the stuff you need set out infront of you,
-if the prints arent picking up on your stamper very gently file the end of it with a nail file
-scrape off the nailpaint using the scraper at a 45degree angle
-use acetone nail polish remover to clean the stamper, plate & scraper between every use
-PRACTICE so you get use to what pressure you need to apply
-dont just stamp the image straight on, start at one edge of your nail and ROLL the stamper across.
-you dont NEED the special polishes, but if your goin to buy them then black & white are the most useful, china glaze and color club polishes work well with the konad.

im saving up to buy more plates :D

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Vernology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so much fun, but is not fool proof. The polish & stamping process must be done in a fast motion. It helps to have everything in order & in front of you. I ordered m51 plate because of an organic design it has on it & LOVED IT! I also ordered the white, & red wine special polish. I plan on ordering the black special polish as well. i would also have a pair of tweezers & cotton of acetone to clean the plate after you've picked up the paint & made the transfer.

I did not order plate holder & find that using a paper towel works best as a place mat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by RoCoco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A few weeks ago, I bought a few Konad plates, a double sided stamper, a scraper, and a few polishes. I've had so much fun, I've since ordered twice more, to expand my collection of plates and polishes.

I do like the special polishes, I think the designs come out more clearly defined with more intense color.

So far, my favorite 'look' is to use Misa Heaven White as a base color, and to stamp floral designs using the Chic Blue (Princess) polish.

Another effect I like is to paint a few coats of regular polish in any color, top with some matte top coat, then stamp over that with a design using the regular polish. The end result is kind of subtle, but definitely there.

I do prefer the designs that cover the whole nail, I think the effect is very nice.

Plate m21 has a paint-splotch type design that's great fun to play with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by xzoya

I love this! I had it when I was younger, and of course, didn't know how to use it, and ended up throwing it away. Anyway, I ordered from wowsocool, and ended up paying only 50, for 7 plates and the double sided stamper and scraper (which I highly recommend). Free shipping, too. I find that the majority of my polishes work with this system, as long as you know how to work them correctly, so I'd say not buy the special polishes. If you're thinking about it, buy it! Just do it! My personal favorite plate is m65. The roses are to die for!

Lovelovelovelovelove!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jollyo71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this I had to try it. SOOO glad that I did!! I got a perfect image the very first time!! It is super easy and fun to do!! If you are thinking about getting the Konad Nail Stamping kit, just do it!!! It's worth the money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by princessxsuzy

Like everyone else said, this takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple to do. However, the plates are expensive for what they are, and the polishes are even more overpriced! And you DON'T need to use the "special" polishes at all. In fact, I got much better results stamping using the polishes I already had. (China Glaze, Urban Decay, MAC, OPI and Wet N' Wild) You just can't stamp with polish that has glitter in it. I got excellent results stamping with Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup. I also did a design with a swirl design, using various semi-sheer OPI polishes on top of one another which looked really neat.

Despite being overpriced, I would recommend this product to anyone. The design possibilities are almost endless and it's fun to do once you get used to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Shushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my Konad plates! There are SO many to choose from, and the combinations (colors & designs) are really endless.
I always get compliments on my nails when i "Konad" them :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by hrodgers

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! It is so much fun to use and the results are endless. It takes a little practice, but once you get it you can do so much. I purchased the French Kit which included 3 plates, stamper, scraper and 2 special polishes in black and white and added a red special polish and an extra plate.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by XuanAn

Got my first few plates last week or so and I just want to say that I love it! It's really easy to use and works great and I've had lots of compliments every time I'd konad my nails. Like the other reviewers said, it can get quite expensive if you buy many but otherwise, it's great and now I don't need to go to the salon to get cool nail art!