Estee Lauder TURBOLASH-All Effects Motion Mascara

4.1

on 3/11/2009 7:44:00 PM

This is a really nice mascara, with one coat you get long defined lashes...I don't know if the vibrating part really does anything but my lashes looked really nice.

on 2/19/2009 8:10:00 AM

I cant say just yet that I am in love with this mascara (just bought it yesterday. ha) BUT this is definately showing some glimpse of potential HG status. My lashes look fluttery, long and full. Certainly not "print ad model faux lashes" but pretty close nevertheless. There is not a mascara on this planet that will make any of our lashes look like those models, they have makeup artists and photoshop to enhance/exaggerate in attempts of fooling us poor women into thinking "oh this mascara....maybe it's THE ONE". Not gonna happen ladies. Ok, ok, I'll get off my soapbox now and get back to the product. Yes, in my opinion the vibrating wand is really just a gimmick, but the mascara formula is pretty good and I do notice a big difference in the way my lashes look with it. Just be sure to keep your expectations to a resonable level and you probably won't be dissapointed with Turbolash. It's expensive, no regrets, but prolly will not purchase again.

on 2/13/2009 1:41:00 AM

I bought this mascara because I wanted really long, dramatic lashes for my wedding. I honestly have never been so pleased with a mascara! If you use one coat, you have pretty, long lashes for an everyday look. If you want false eyelash length, apply one coat, then let it dry a minute and apply another coat, concentrating adding length to the tips. WOW! Even my husband commented on it and asked how I got such gorgeous lashes! The best part is that it does not flake off or smudge at all, and stays put for 24 hrs. The trick in applying it is to slowwwly move the electric brush up to the tips of the lash. I LOVE the electric brush - it coats each lash separately, just as it claims!!
However, I probably won't be repurchasing because it is very expensive. It is worth the price for special occassions, however!

on 2/2/2009 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm not entirely convinced. I have tried this and Lancome's Oscillator and I prefer this BY FAR. What is better about Lancome's is the packaging - with EL, it's vibrating as soon as you start unscrewing the brush whereas with Lancome there is a little button you press to vibrate this. I prefer the latter to the former: if I want to rinse off the brush, or just get a small eyelash hair in the corner, the battery continues to vibrate thus wasting "applications." But the mascara and brush is far superior than that of Lancome - you get a nice full set of lashes, very little to no clumping and all in all good mascara. I don't know if the price tag warrants the results or if they are that much more "spectacular" than another high end mascara but it certainly is one of my top performers.

on 1/20/2009 11:06:00 AM

This is my new HG mascara, LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My short sparse lashes are so full and long with this mascara. Very easy to use too. Well worth the money.

on 1/17/2009 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Excellent product. I was never really a mascara person (shock of shocks!) because I've been so jaded by all the mascaras I've tried - I am Asian, so while I am infatuated by the look of long fluttery lashes, I neither have any nor do I have the noticeable eyelids. Because of the contact between my lashes and my lid, I suspect most mascaras would smear the heck out of my eye. The only one that I ever used before Imju Fiberwig, which I love because of the ease of use and removal, but it only added length not curl.

Zoom to a few days ago. Tried Lancome's Oscillating mascara, was not impressed. Tried EL's TurboLash - CONVERTED. Instantly. Not only do you not have to do that time-consuming wiggle movement with your wand (it's recommended you don't, actually), but the formula is perfection! It will not clump if you tried, plus it gives even my godforsaken straight lashes looong length and incredible volume, and on it's own even a pretty subtle curl (enhanced further by an eyelash curler before the mascara is put on, and after it has completely dried). Wore it for a whole day with zero smudge (considering I'm an unconscious eye-rubber). As for the vibrating motion, I find it really fun although it's only your applying hand that will feel it (your eyelids certainly won't). Impressive! Expensive, but definitely a repurchasing 5 lippies for me!

on 1/17/2009 11:49:00 AM

Love this stuff. I was very skeptical about vibrating wands being a total gimmick until I got one of these to test. Wow! My lashes were coated and full in mere seconds. The formula does not flake or smudge and is nice and black. I love the blue and gold package and that the wand begins to vibrate the second you unscrew it. My fear of putting a vibrating stick near my eye dissipated once I used this in real life--the vibrations are so subtle you barely notice them, but they do pack on the product very nicely. I've also tried Lancome's oscillating mascara which I do not like as well. If I buy another vibrating mascara it will certainly be Lauder"s.

on 1/12/2009 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am not one for returning things, but at $34 this is going back as soon as I find the time. As a mascara junkie I just had to try it, to see what all of the hype was about. I have short, fine, blonde lashes that do not hold a curl. I have had the best luck with the following...Maybelline Volum Express turbo WP, Diorshow Iconic and EL Sumptuous. For nights out though, I still go with fakes because no mascara has proven to give me anything close to the length of fakes.

As for Turbolash...first of all, I dislike the feeling of the vibrating wand. It tickles my fingers to the point of being very annoying. I also am so used to applying my mascara a certain way, so this new way of just holding it and slowly moving it up the lash(no wiggling or twirling) felt weird, and not something I think I can get used to. Now for the results. There was some length, some separation, but zero volume. If your lashes are nice to begin with, you might love this. If you need mega OOMPH!! like I do, don't waste your money on this one.

on 1/10/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I think I found the HG of mascara's and I am a total mascara junkie. This mascara gave me back my lashes I had in High School! It does mostly lengthn and seprate. The volume and curl on this product is weak. It is expensive, around $35.00. I guess a battery cost $10.00 more. However, for the lashes of my youth I guess I am willing to pay that.

on 1/9/2009 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Sorry guys but this stuff did nothing for me. The SA told me to layer it on top of my daily mascara to get more volume-why would I want to do that? If Iím going to buy a mascara itís b/c I want it to do its job on its ownÖwhatís the point then of using Turbolash? I just didnít see any difference with this mascara vibration or not. The formula did seem nice and not heavy or sticky but for gals like me that have thin, stick straight lashes that uncurl as soon as the mascara hits the lash this one just didnít cut it and failed just like all the other mascarasí Iíve tried.

Popular Mascaras