September 18, 2014 | 2045 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by leahoii

Tried a sample, after applying it to the face, I felt uncomfortable. The smell was chemical, the smoothing effect was fake.. and it can't control oil. Never ever gonna try this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this at Sephora. Initially I was delighted by this primer: my pores disappeared, skin smoothed out, silky feeling, foundation went on like a dream.... 3 hours later I looked in the mirror and almost fainted - my face was wrinkled and foundation was coming off in patches. I used the same moisturizer as always and the same foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere), so obviously it's the primer to blame. I will not buy this stuff ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I have this in GWP size, a 100 point perk from Sephora. While it is better than some of the drugstore primers I have tried in terms of not drying my skin out over time or becoming a grease shiney face by the end of the day, I can't say it's worth the cost to purchase. It seems to be very similar, if a little less sillicone-y feeling, to my Cinema Secrets primer. Yes, the makeup keeps on my face, but it does that with other primers too. Nothing too special in my opinion, although I can't say anything negative about it. But if you are going to charge that much, your product needs to do more than the rest.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by tdhx0

I could hear my skin gasping for air after I was wearing it for the first hour. Stay very far away from this product if you have oily skin. I have normal skin and rarely have any type of break outs. This primer made me break out so badly. It was a nightmare. Definitely ask for a sample before purchasing to make sure you don't have a bad reaction to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by soapinha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading various decent reviews of this product, I decided to by it when I was in need of a new primer.

It glides on extremely smoothly, and makes my skin feel very silky and soft - and at first, does seem to make my pores appear smaller, which is an important function of a primer for me, as I have very large pores, particularly on my nose.

I use this primer under my foundation, and I have noticed a difference when it comes to my make-up staying on and how quickly my skin seems to get oily. I wouldn't necessarily say this primer is a miracle worker, but it does make enough difference for me to consider buying it again.

Overall, I would recommend this primer to a person with combination to oily skin, but perhaps not extremely oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ReneeinSydney

This is by far my favourite Primer.
I have combination oily skin and for over 5 years I have been battling to find a primer that will for at least 3-4 hours keep me oil free but I always find that by lunch time I am reaching for a blotting paper/tissue to blot up my T-Zone.
La Base by Lancome leaves my skin oil free all day, it really is the perfect primer for me. I use it with oil-free liquid foundation- Double Wear Light by Estee Lauder followed by a light setting powder /or on days where I don't want to wear make up I put on some of the La Base by itself over my moisturiser and my face stays Matte all day.
It really is quite expensive for the size,but one little squirt is all you need.
What i will say is be very careful with the bottle, it is made of glass and I have broken two so far! Very heart-breaking!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Avoid if you have oily skin. I do, and the SA at Lancome sold me this as an oil-absorbing primer. It is not. It's simply oil-free, and for me that isn't enough; I need something that actually mops up oil. I was super-shiny within an hour, more so than without this product in fact. On the plus side, it did give a smooth finish to my base, as promised. So I can imagine it might be good for people without oily skin issues. I'm going back to the Lancome counter to complain about this being mis-sold to me!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A tiny amount of this is all you need. I like how silky it makes skin feel and how smoothly makeup goes on after. Shine control isn't bad but not outstanding either. I can see why some people describe it as feeling 'greasy' but I wouldn't say it's greasy at all just extremely silky and you really don't need a lot of product. I would recommend because foundation goes on so smoothly afterwards but if you're looking for shine control this may not be adequate.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Jasminetan87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer was kind of costly.It cause me almost 80 SGD for a small bottle.Wanted to love this product badly , however it didn't work for me.
Firstly ,the product took ages to dry on my skin ( Wouldn't be a product to use if you are in a hurry).After continuously using for a week i started to see clog pores, soon after pimples with pus started appearing.

Threw this product into the trash and didn't want to give it a 2nd chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sheilsthedeal

I love this primer for face and eyes, it leaves skin feeling silky and makeup stays put all day! Or night!