December 22, 2014 | 1677 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at Sephora a long time ago and remember loving it! So I recently bought a bottle with lancome's gwp. It feels so light and the texture is so smooth on the skin, different from the feel of most primers I've tried. Never feels thick or mask-like, but delivers very well. Try it for yourself. This is definitely a favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mikaylawong

I received a small bottle of this primer when I bought a Lancome gift box. Up until recently, I used Smashbox's Hydrating Photo Finish primer (the blue one), but will not go back. Lancome's primer I found to be a surprising texture when I first used it; it sort of disappears onto your skin where as Smashbox's is much more liquid. My tinted moisturizer looks flawless with this primer, and definitely stays on all day. I love this product, even for the price! Will most likely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from Sephora with a recent purchase, so I can't honestly rate the packaging as the one I received was just a little packet. With that said, I tried this product once. I think once was all I needed to know that I didn't like it. It doesn't take much of this product at all to cover your face; in fact I found it verrry difficult to blend it, it just wouldn't dry, it felt like I had smeared KY Jelly all over my face. In spite of this annoying feeling, I decided to continue on and give it a honest try. I applied my liquid foundation over this primer (mind you, it still felt sticky at this point), and I have to say that I was rather impressed with the result. It seemed as though I didn't have to use much foundation for coverage, and it left my skin looking much smoother and even toned. I then applied a generous amount of loose powder in an attempt to counteract this sticky feeling my skin had.
I wore this product for 5 or 6 hours with my makeup, and I don't think it made my makeup stay true any longer than without primer, my skin still became oily in the T-zone like usual, so this product did nothing for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This actually made my foundation last! I've used Smash Box primer in the past and it did nothing to make my foundation last. La Base made blending easy and my foundation last an entire Christmas party. I swore off primer because of Smash Box's but tried La Base Pro when I received a sample. I am happy that I did because I have found something that keeps my foundation on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Really? I'm very surprised at the reviews.
I recieved this as a little sample? maybe even deluxe sample from sephora and was super excited to try it. I'm a big lancome mascara and eyeshadow lover. The primer is clear and goes on clear. It's very liquidy and goes on very light. You won't even notice that it's on your face. But, as a primer, it disappointed me. I wanted it to just keep my foundation on, and no touch ups. But it didn't make a difference if there was la base pro or not. Still needed to touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousRed

Well out of all of the primers I've used--and I've spent LOTS of money trying to fill in my HUGE pores--this stuff is pretty damned good!
$45 for 0.8 fl oz--pretty good sized bottle plus you get a nice little happy bag with free mascara, lipstick, high resolution eye cream and eye makeup remover.
It's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by underage

I normally don't write reviews after trying a product once but I love this primer! I like how it doesn't feel greasy and silicone like. It's a much different formula than Smashbox or the Hard Candy one I normally use. I put my makeup on at 7:00am today and it's now 7PM and it looks perfect. I'm not sure about the price or packaging as I only got a sample of this. I think I'm going to purchase the fill size once I finish the sample. My skin is combination. I get a little oily in the T zone during the day usually but not at all today!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by leahoii

Tried a sample, after applying it to the face, I felt uncomfortable. The smell was chemical, the smoothing effect was fake.. and it can't control oil. Never ever gonna try this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this at Sephora. Initially I was delighted by this primer: my pores disappeared, skin smoothed out, silky feeling, foundation went on like a dream.... 3 hours later I looked in the mirror and almost fainted - my face was wrinkled and foundation was coming off in patches. I used the same moisturizer as always and the same foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere), so obviously it's the primer to blame. I will not buy this stuff ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I have this in GWP size, a 100 point perk from Sephora. While it is better than some of the drugstore primers I have tried in terms of not drying my skin out over time or becoming a grease shiney face by the end of the day, I can't say it's worth the cost to purchase. It seems to be very similar, if a little less sillicone-y feeling, to my Cinema Secrets primer. Yes, the makeup keeps on my face, but it does that with other primers too. Nothing too special in my opinion, although I can't say anything negative about it. But if you are going to charge that much, your product needs to do more than the rest.