August 1, 2014 | 1604 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Msritajanay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is a step above good on me. I think it will look better in the summer when im a tad darker. It doesnt balance out very well on my face if i use more than 2 applications...i ALWAYS use a bronzer over it though so it doesnt look so plain and reddish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Since I totally have become a Nars fan, It pains me that Dolce Vita just did not work on my skin or coloring. I'm a fair faced, medium auburn (I was a blonde briefly, still didn't work). It's a bit too bright and clownidsh looking on my face. I looked flushed but not in a good way. I think this is more ideal for darker skintones as on my fair skinned I looked like I had Rosacea. I gave it to a light skinned AA friend of mine and it does look great on her. I'll give it a 3 for that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have owned almost all Nars blushes, and Dolce Vita was one of my least favorites. I tried several application techniques and different brushes, and the result was either too red or "dirty" looking. I could not make it work. I really wanted to like this blush, because it is matte and looks beautiful in the pan. I just couldn't make it work for me and ended up swapping it for another Nars blush.
I do not mind the Nars packaging that many people complain about. I use an alcohol based hand sanitizing wipe to clean my Nars products, and it works quite well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MSMKUP

Nars blushes are always so pigmented and last a long time because you do not need a lot for each use. This color was a little too strong for me (I'm a lightish medium tone). Peachy tones seem to work for me best and this is a rosey pink. This could probably work on darker skin well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lclc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was too bright on me. I should go buy a skunk brush to really give it a fair shake, but don't want or need another brush. Also, even though this is superpigmented and allows for sheer application, it just didn't look natural or elegant on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very unimpressed with the packaging, hard to open. Afraid I will drop it, kinda slippery matte case.

The color when I opened it was like oh no, I cant wear this! Way to dark, im an NC25 fair with light hair and it came out beautiful. Very heavily pigmented, didnt take much, of course I always take some off after for a more natural just kissed look.

Will definetly last forever as its a large amount.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Beautiful rosy colour! Highly pigmented. Nothing life changing since I don't really wear blush nor eyeshadows everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this despite the dark color. It is a warm rose/brick color-not bright but dusky looking. It is very pigmented and easy to over do if you are pale. I am about an NC20 and not very yellow. If I use this lightly it looks natural and not clownish. Like my natural blush color which surprised me. Very warm colors do not do much for me and neither do really cool colors is Mata Hari. If I overdo DV it does look like I have a fever. This- like most Nars blushes- should last forever. Do not be afraid and use a light hand if you have lighter skin. This may not look great if you have very cool skin but try it out first.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just too intense for my NC20 skin. I have to be extremely careful with application or I look sunburnt. It's extremely pigmented (I used a 188 dupe) but it's the hardest to blend out of all my powder blushes. The color is a lovely brick rose-y red on the skin. I like using it for a pop of color on the apples after contouring the cheeks. That's the only way it looks good on me! It gives a nice berry flush suitable for fall and winter. I doubt I'll ever use it all up because i don't use it that often. This is my first NARS blush (since Albatross is technically a highlighter). Eh I don't really get the hype with these blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

So far so good! I just bought this blush a few days ago and will probably need a little more use to be able to give a totally informed review. But I must say I do love the color. I was looking for a color that would pop, and not just be so subtle on me. So this seems perfect so far....