NARS Dolce Vita

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush! NARS really makes the best blushes on the market - they are very pigmented, go on smoothly, and last all day. Dolce Vita is a very pretty dark rose shade and looks great on me (NC20, green eyes, blondish brown hair). They are expensive but I have to use so little each time that it'll last me years!

on 3/10/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this color. It's a beautiful matte rose shade, and looks great on olive/yellow toned skin. the staying power of Nars blushes is the best of any blush I've ever tried. I have super oily skin and this never oxidizes or goes streaky on my, and even after blotting my face throughout the day it doesn't wear off. Nars also makes a lot of great colors in a matte finish that don't look chalky.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Uuumm,, actually this is a good product, very pigmented, and the color is so bold. And the texture is so smooth.
i have a medium skin ( i'm Asian ) and i think this is very intense on my skin... A lil bit dark, and i look like get burnt.
The color is deep dusty rose, and if you wrong with the technique application, your cheeks will looks reddish...

on 2/25/2011 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I love this colour. Now that I finally figured out which brush to use and how to apply it (thanks YouTube tutorials!) I can actually use it without looking like a hot mess.
As I wrote for Mata Hari, the one thing I don't like with Dolce Vita is that it is very easy to go overboard so one has to be quite careful with how much product is picked up on the brush. And once you go overboard you more or less have to wipe it all off and start over.
I would probably repurchase this if I ever needed to, which I doubt that I will!

on 2/17/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Being medium dark nc40, thought I could rock this blush.
I love pigmented blushes such as mac plum foolery, mac breezy and nars constantinople. So, am very optimistic seeing reddish brick color in the pan, but it goes on somehow 'orangey' on me, reddish orange to be precise - make me look sunburn and sick -not a good look. Even if I use sparingly, it will somehow 'oxidised' into this horrid orange red color on my face, the exact color when I have high fever. I use Nars yachiyo brush fyi, which to me is a 'foolproof' brush for pigmented blush, but still the blush looked bad.

on 1/23/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This blush is a step above good on me. I think it will look better in the summer when im a tad darker. It doesnt balance out very well on my face if i use more than 2 applications...i ALWAYS use a bronzer over it though so it doesnt look so plain and reddish.

on 1/16/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Since I totally have become a Nars fan, It pains me that Dolce Vita just did not work on my skin or coloring. I'm a fair faced, medium auburn (I was a blonde briefly, still didn't work). It's a bit too bright and clownidsh looking on my face. I looked flushed but not in a good way. I think this is more ideal for darker skintones as on my fair skinned I looked like I had Rosacea. I gave it to a light skinned AA friend of mine and it does look great on her. I'll give it a 3 for that.

on 1/15/2011 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have owned almost all Nars blushes, and Dolce Vita was one of my least favorites. I tried several application techniques and different brushes, and the result was either too red or "dirty" looking. I could not make it work. I really wanted to like this blush, because it is matte and looks beautiful in the pan. I just couldn't make it work for me and ended up swapping it for another Nars blush.
I do not mind the Nars packaging that many people complain about. I use an alcohol based hand sanitizing wipe to clean my Nars products, and it works quite well.

on 1/5/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nars blushes are always so pigmented and last a long time because you do not need a lot for each use. This color was a little too strong for me (I'm a lightish medium tone). Peachy tones seem to work for me best and this is a rosey pink. This could probably work on darker skin well.

on 12/28/2010 10:58:00 AM

This was too bright on me. I should go buy a skunk brush to really give it a fair shake, but don't want or need another brush. Also, even though this is superpigmented and allows for sheer application, it just didn't look natural or elegant on me.

Popular Blush Products