April 24, 2014 | 1073 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - AGE Smart multivitamin thermafoliant

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by janechoi1234

sorry people, but i didn't like it. :( I wanted to based on the reviews, but there's an ingredient my skin didn't like because it broke me out in places i normally don't break out. I got several skin colored bumps and my skin was not looking happy. I'm going to try the Ren Glycolactic peel--hopefully i'll have better luck with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by dustdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this scrub! The scrub warms up on contact with skin and I massaged it for around 2 minutes before washing off. After that my skin was super soft and smooth! Amazing! It also helped to get rid of little whiteheads and clogged pores. It doesn't feel too harsh on the skin like some scrubs are and it didn't break me out at all. However it is quite pricey, but should last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by baivanua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so sorry to be the one bad review for this product!

I bought it on the recommendations of MUA because I needed a good scrub to get rid of flakies from my skinceuticals retinol 0.5. I'm 20 and have oily skin with a few breakouts, retinol has fixed this and other than a bit of flaky skin I have no stinging/burning with use.

This scrub had a lovely feel, warmed up nicely. The wetter the skin the greater the warming effect, which was nice but wasn't sure of the purpose behind it. I massaged gently for about 1.5 mins as suggested and then rinsed. The first time I didn't follow with retinol incase it was too much, but the second time I did. My skin was amazingly smooth after use and I had to use less product because it just glided over my skin. There was also no drying out from use in conjunction with retinol.

However...while the feel of my skin was improved, the look wasn't. It actually looked pretty good after I rinsed and I was pleased that it wasn't too harsh. Yet for the next two days, irrespective of whether or not I used retinol, my skin has been red, the acne scars inflamed, and looks 'congested', strange but true. Also small blackheads have appeared? nothing major and I get rid of them quickly but...

I have no idea why this is so, other than thatI shouldn't be using an anti-ageing product with my skin, but frankly given it was a scrub with retinol and vitamins I couldn't see the harm.

I don't even know who I would recommend it to so I would suggest reading the other posts and purchasing if you have the same skin concerns as those that find it useful.

EDIT: after having used it for 3 weeks now, I have to change my earlier review. It has TOTALLY cleared up the small bumps on my forehead, my forehead has never looked this smooth, the texture of the rest of my skin is pretty amazing too. My skin appears to be acclimatising to it and isn't so red anymore. I haven't given it 5 stars because it does tend to inflame scars and it does cause tiny blackheads, but if I follow with a mudmask (LUSH cupcake) I get amazingly smooth skin. Am blown away by the smoothness of my forehead. wonderful stuff.

EDIT: 3 months in, doesn't cause blackheads anymore, totally smoothes skin, clears spots out damn fast and leaves skin so perfectly smooth its virtually reflective! Will probably use this product for the rest of my life.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I was using Bioelements Pumice Peel for the past 4-5 mths, which I have no issues with, but after reading the stellar reviews for this Dermalogica scrub, I wanted to try it... and I love it!! I love that it's a chemical AND manual exfoliator. I love that it comes in a sanitary tube instead of a tub (which I hated about the Bioelements). I love that I can get it at my local Ulta for $48 (sometimes cheaper w/ a coupon).

When I first used it, I made sure my face was damp just in case the scrub turned out to be too potent. However, I've learned it works best for me if my face is just slightly moist. When the scrub first hits the skin, there's an instant warming sensation, which disappears in about 3 seconds. After massaging my face for 2 minutes (as directed), my face is clear, radiant, and utterly smooth. Seriously, I'm really loving this scrub. It's HG for me! (well, for now, anyway... ;p)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been trying to get rid of melasma for years even with prescription retinol and tri-luma. I started using this based on the reviews as an exfoliant. I put skinceuticals .5 retinol on after it and covered with Intensive Moisture Balance and it was gone after one try. I didn't aim to get rid of the melasma since I gave up a while ago. It just happened. I woke up the next day with incredibly soft supple skin that was perfectly clear in tone. AMAZING!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be THE BEST exfolaliant I've ever used - and I've tried lots over the years! I have normal/combination skin which is usually clear and problem-free anyway but this exfoliant has made my skin bright, glowing and even clearer!

Since purchasing this last month, I've been using this nearly everyday in the morning. If you have dry skin it's probably best to use just a couple of times a week as indicated on the tube. For me, using it nearly everyday has worked wonders for my skin!

This is my HG exfoliant and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

Wow! When I had gotten trained on this product by my Dermalogica rep, she did a demo on my hand and it felt so soft! Then I read to read reviews on this and 13 people with 100%, I def had to buy it. I got it the other day, had my friend and her mom try it and they both loved how smooth their skin felt and how moore clarified and bright it looked. Then I tried it at night before bed and I got the same result, soft and glowing skin. I can only imagine how much better my skin will get as I keep using this..more radiant and even though I'm only 20, it is part of the Age Smart line and you should start anti-aging products at 18, but yea any age can use this, maybe not 13, but this is def an excellent exfoliant.

It contains Lactic and Salicylic acids to exfoliate for instant smoothness.

It has Vitamins A, C, and E all great ingredients to fight aging and keep moisture in the skin.

What I love is the warming thermal action that happens as it gets in contact with the skin scrubbing and it gets even warmer when water is added. Because the directions state that you can start on a dampened face, but you get more intense results when used on a dry face first and then as it feels too dry, add water. I did that and got really nice results. It'll only help my serums and creams absorb better and keep my skin soft.

This is 48.00 and found at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by 2crazycatladies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice product. It leaves my skin so soft. It smells really nice. Its not too harsh so that I feel like I went through a meat grinder and its not too light as too feel like it didnt do its job. This is just a great product and its a good amount of product for the price. I was going to buy exfolikate and tried it but I like this one better and its 1/2 the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sabrunka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent exfoliator!! Even though it is in the age smart line, definitely try this if you are younger!! I am 19 and love how it makes me skin feel :) I've been using it twice a week and it is WONDERFUL! Honestly feels like a mini microdermabrasion!! I also love how it heats up on contact with water!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by pilarakemi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have fallen in love with this exfoliator/mask/scrub! Before using this I was using Kate Somerville's Exfolikate for over 2 years. I was spending $85 for 1.7 oz. Now I'm only spending $48 for 2.5 oz. for something very similar and even a tad better. I've been using this for about 2 weeks and I'm amazed. This stuff cleans out my pores, makes my skin as super soft (softer than it's been in years!), gives a healthy glow and has helped tremendously with break outs and red marks left from past blemishes. This stuff has lactic acid, retinol and salicylic acid...all at the beginning of the ingredient list! I was a little scared at first that it might be too much, even for my oily skin. But it was so gentle and didn't burn or dry out my skin like Kate Somerville's Exfolikate did. If I could I would give this prodcut a 10!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No