November 21, 2014 | 1447 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - AGE Smart multivitamin thermafoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by chellyfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Do not hesitate for one second when purchasing this product - it is a miracle in a tube. I can't afford microdermabrasion very often, and I wanted to get that feel between treatments. A baby's butt has nothing on this product's results. Your skin is SOOO smooth after using it, and it adds color and brightness to your face (my biggest problem). My face glows and I can't stop looking at my skin in the mirror when I use it. Everyone needs this product. It will make you feel like a million bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by mhelena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

makes my skin polished and gives me glowing complexion..face feels so smooth, i am 26..i had little wrinkles in my eye area, but now i dont anymore..its safe use to your eye and mouth area.
really good product, but a little expensive, but well..i will buy this again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by twirlypink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this scrub. Really gives you a radiant glow in just one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!!!!

Really just the pefect scrub ever!!!

the smell is classic Dermalogica.....and it does what it says it will do....no alittle goes along way!!!....considering the cost yikes! i was happy about that..

i used maybe two pea sizes...and just alittle water....and lightly scrubed for 2 mins....

my face was like a babys bottom.....

now!...so far so good.....i will continue use and let u know more.....

Kandie

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by JayBay714

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I almost gave this a 4 but I don't want to ruin the 100% for a minor concern!! I have ultra sensitive and dry skin, and this is a tad rough for me while I'm massaging it into my face. I think it's the grit and the heat that don't mesh well with my very sensitized face. That said, I get red for about an hour or 2 after I use this product. HOWEVER I love it and wish I could bath in it. It does such a nice job and my skin looks and feel so good the next day. I use it once a week at night because it does turn me all red but by the time I wake up I have a whole new face. But for any of you who are really sensitive you may have the same redness issue.... but use it two or three times so your skin can acclimate a bit Within a month you will love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jthiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, this stuff is amazing! My face is so soft after I use it and even looks brighter. I love how it warms up on the skin right away. I've only used it a handful of times, but I really like it. It's definitely a little on the pricey side at $48 (got it from Ulta), but I think it'll last quite awhile. It's really worth it in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by janechoi1234

sorry people, but i didn't like it. :( I wanted to based on the reviews, but there's an ingredient my skin didn't like because it broke me out in places i normally don't break out. I got several skin colored bumps and my skin was not looking happy. I'm going to try the Ren Glycolactic peel--hopefully i'll have better luck with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by dustdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this scrub! The scrub warms up on contact with skin and I massaged it for around 2 minutes before washing off. After that my skin was super soft and smooth! Amazing! It also helped to get rid of little whiteheads and clogged pores. It doesn't feel too harsh on the skin like some scrubs are and it didn't break me out at all. However it is quite pricey, but should last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by baivanua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so sorry to be the one bad review for this product!

I bought it on the recommendations of MUA because I needed a good scrub to get rid of flakies from my skinceuticals retinol 0.5. I'm 20 and have oily skin with a few breakouts, retinol has fixed this and other than a bit of flaky skin I have no stinging/burning with use.

This scrub had a lovely feel, warmed up nicely. The wetter the skin the greater the warming effect, which was nice but wasn't sure of the purpose behind it. I massaged gently for about 1.5 mins as suggested and then rinsed. The first time I didn't follow with retinol incase it was too much, but the second time I did. My skin was amazingly smooth after use and I had to use less product because it just glided over my skin. There was also no drying out from use in conjunction with retinol.

However...while the feel of my skin was improved, the look wasn't. It actually looked pretty good after I rinsed and I was pleased that it wasn't too harsh. Yet for the next two days, irrespective of whether or not I used retinol, my skin has been red, the acne scars inflamed, and looks 'congested', strange but true. Also small blackheads have appeared? nothing major and I get rid of them quickly but...

I have no idea why this is so, other than thatI shouldn't be using an anti-ageing product with my skin, but frankly given it was a scrub with retinol and vitamins I couldn't see the harm.

I don't even know who I would recommend it to so I would suggest reading the other posts and purchasing if you have the same skin concerns as those that find it useful.

EDIT: after having used it for 3 weeks now, I have to change my earlier review. It has TOTALLY cleared up the small bumps on my forehead, my forehead has never looked this smooth, the texture of the rest of my skin is pretty amazing too. My skin appears to be acclimatising to it and isn't so red anymore. I haven't given it 5 stars because it does tend to inflame scars and it does cause tiny blackheads, but if I follow with a mudmask (LUSH cupcake) I get amazingly smooth skin. Am blown away by the smoothness of my forehead. wonderful stuff.

EDIT: 3 months in, doesn't cause blackheads anymore, totally smoothes skin, clears spots out damn fast and leaves skin so perfectly smooth its virtually reflective! Will probably use this product for the rest of my life.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I was using Bioelements Pumice Peel for the past 4-5 mths, which I have no issues with, but after reading the stellar reviews for this Dermalogica scrub, I wanted to try it... and I love it!! I love that it's a chemical AND manual exfoliator. I love that it comes in a sanitary tube instead of a tub (which I hated about the Bioelements). I love that I can get it at my local Ulta for $48 (sometimes cheaper w/ a coupon).

When I first used it, I made sure my face was damp just in case the scrub turned out to be too potent. However, I've learned it works best for me if my face is just slightly moist. When the scrub first hits the skin, there's an instant warming sensation, which disappears in about 3 seconds. After massaging my face for 2 minutes (as directed), my face is clear, radiant, and utterly smooth. Seriously, I'm really loving this scrub. It's HG for me! (well, for now, anyway... ;p)