November 26, 2014 | 1252 users online

Sunscreen - Peter Thomas Roth - Uber Dry Sunscreen SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by discocaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried soo many sunscreens and most of them are oily. Not most, but all of them are oily! So one day when I was Sephora, one of the girl introduced me to this brand. Ive never heard of this brand before. And then she said Tiger Woods use this stuff and blah blah blah and my mother said I should just get it. So I tried it out once I reach home. And amazingly, this doesnt make my skin oily at all!
Those days when I dont feel like using my toner, anti bacterial and moisturizer, I will just use this alone. I would definitely recommend this to ALL.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this stuff! I have very oily skin and this is the only sunscreen that truly goes on matte with no after feel. It's not sticky and although it's white, it blends effortlessly. I also love that it has antioxidants. It's really the only sunscreen I can wear alone without getting oily 30 minutes later. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Vlook

This is one of my favorite chemical based sunscreens. Goes on light, dries matte, no white cast and you do not feel like you are wearing anything at all. Also provides antioxidants. It really is a terrific product. If you are ok with chemical sunscreens, try this one, you won't be sorry. I recently gave this to a friend because I no longer use chemical sunscreens.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by silver_aria

I bought this sunscreen because I was looking for a dry touch sunscreen with antioxidants and this totally fit the bill! It goes on nice and creamy and the finish is very smooth - not tacky at all. This is an excellent sunscreen for the beach/with beach clothing.
I was reapplying this all day, but when I went to take off the cardigan I was wearing during the evening, I found little bits of the sunscreen which had rolled off my skin onto my black cardigan. A little unpleasant and surprising - but nothing horrible - just something to keep in mind. I would have liked a higher SPF as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by polemonium

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fair, sensitive, somewhat oily skin that seems to be irritated by many of the currently available sunblocks, especially several from the Neutrogena "sensitive skin" line (go figure). I detest the thick, white texture of most of the titanium blockers, and a greasy or shiny effect seems almost impossible to avoid.

This Peter Thomas Roth stuff, though pricey, is really the best I've run into in literally decades of trying to find the best, lightest, and least irritating sunscreen. It's very light-textured and disappears quickly. The finish is dry and matte on me, and my L'Oreal mineral pressed powder makeup goes on smoothly over it. Most important, even after few hours in hot sun, I don't have a shiny face.

It's a fine product and well worth the expense, I think.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is what i use. The best that i've ever come across!!!

UPDATE: ok...i maybe have to eat my words on this one because i think this may clog the pores on the sides of my face a little. I deleted this product from my routine and the clogged pores vanished. What's weird is that the clogged pores never turned into full on pimples ..they just made my skins texture look all bumpy like I was gonna have an acne attack at any minute or something. My skin looked congested like 24/7. Dang..that sucks. But i may be wrong. Be careful if your acne prone or just prone to clogged pores. Off to try MD Formulations!!
UPDATE: MD Formulations sucks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update: Either I haven't found a compatible moisturizer to wear underneath this or I can't wear this under makeup. It is too thick and makeup looks cakey.
This is the dream sunblock that I've wished for my whole life. Unfortunately, it only has SPF 30. So I wear it under my makeup on workdays when I get the least exposure to the sun. First of all, I react to all chemical blocks. This and La Roche Posay's, Lait Voulete, are the only two chemical blocks that I tolerate out of hundreds, which I've tried and returned. It really does absorb completely with no slick, slippery, greasy layer. It leaves no shine. I do recommend that you wear this with a moisturizer if you have normal to dry skin. It doesn't dry out my skin but it doesn't moisturize it either and I noticed that a well formulated serum or moisturzer that is fully absorbed by skin, makes this suncreen smoother under makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by vishs78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been using this sunscreen for a couple of months now....and so far it's lived up to it's name. provides excellent protection and is not at all greasy like some of the other sunscreens i have used. my mineral make-up goes on smoothly over it. it hasn't caused me to break-out...which is excellent. since i have very oily skin, i really don't need to apply moisturizer before this. i still need to use blotting sheets during the day, but the oil is much less compared to my previous sunscreens. overall...a great product!! will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by KDilallo

I absolutely love this sunscreen - my HG! Ones that I have used in the past have made my face feel oily, caused my makeup to come off, caked up in my eyebrows, left a white cast. I have NONE of those problems with the uber dry. It is very light, absorbs right in, and there is no scary white residue left. It makes using sunscreen under makeup easy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by QueenAlli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please, please if you have oily acne prone skin please go and buy this product. It was recommended by Paula Begoun (I used her own spf and it was too shiny for me) and I could not be happier. NO sheen, NO breakouts ever from this. Do not the salespeople talk you into another product. It really is uber dry - also only use on face - it is too expensive to use for all over. Expensive for face too, but this is my face.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No