October 24, 2014 | 1719 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaGlo Illuminating Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was in Walgreens shopping around from some hair products and caught this in the corner of my eye. I used Wet n' Wild like when I was 12 just starting to discover makeup. After reaching 14 I never looked back and never used it again. When I saw this at Walgreens I browsed everything in the Wet n Wild section and was surprised to see that the company has made some improvements in marketing and advertising along with innovations to their products. So, I thought what the heck, I'll give at least one of these a try and because I needed a new bronzer and this was only $1.99 I decided to give it a chance. At first it was late at night and because I was so impatient I wanted to test it out. It looked really good (at night that is). The next day with a fresh face, I tried it on.......................ummm a little goes a long way, seriously. When I was in the house with less light it looked fine, but the minute I stepped outside and double checked in my compact, I was like WTH? Way too much shine and shimmer, I looked like a fricken disco ball (lol). Anyway, long story short, it works good for an inexpensive bronzer, but like a few comments under me --- swipe your brush in the direction of the stripes, not against it, that makes a huge difference. Would I buy it again, probably if I were out of my usual bronzer!
I forgot to mention that I got the "Starlight Bronze".
**Update 4/16/09**
The love the $hit out of this product. I use it almost everyday for that natural glowing effect. I bumped it up to 5 lippies, you just need to know how to use it and how much to use! I would def. buy this again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ndoodles

I have this in Spotlight Peach. I think it looks nice on my cheeks because not only does it have the neutral brown colors, it has a bit of a rosy color + a light highlighter color too. I think it works well on it's own. No need for any other blush on top or anything like that. No too shimmery which is fine with me. Check this product out when you have a chance.
I give it a four because I don't know about it's lasting power and it sucks as an eyeshadow even though that is one of the listed purposes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by chococat05

i really like this. i have: spotlight peach, catwalk pink, and strike-a-pose-rose. these resembles the Smashbox softlights

+remember+: when applying these stripe blushers, you want to sweep your brush along these stripes NOT across the stripe because I found it makes a very muddy color. The result: I looked like I had dirt on my face. Once, I did it again w/o sweeping it against the stripes I had a really pretty flush!

Also, you want to keep in mind that these are not that shimmery as oppose to the pot! Not a lot ( almost none) of the shimmers show up when applied to the face. I actually wish it was a little more shimmery. however, the color that is on my face is a gorgeous glow! I would definitely recommend you to try esp. when CVS is having BOGO deals! Hope this helps! :)

Update:
This has been upgraded to my HG highlighter/blush! I don't know why but I have been applying this product below the cheek bone and thus I got no visible shimmer. So, after I tried applying ABOVE the cheek bone using the method I suggested above, I can see faint, fine, golden shimmers on top of my cheek bone! It makes me look so radiant! I love this now b/c it does two jobs at once: highlighting and coloring my cheeks! Also, its pigmented enough to use as a e/s ( I don't use it as e/s b/c I have too many other ones! lol) ! So, if you don't own too many makeup product, I strongly suggest to buy this b/c it's multifunctional.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by christinne123

This product is ok. The thing I like the least about it is that it is VERYYYY shimmery, I mean really shimmery. If you put to much on your face you will look really sparkly and shiny. The packaging is ok, except my powder inside cracked and is now in a gizzilion pieces.
A little of this goes a long way so make sure you tap of the extra powder on ur brush before applying or you will look overdone and blotchy. Its very cheap and I would buy it again, even though it is not my favorite, I like the way it looks on my skin and I get a healthy glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 6:41:00 AM More reviews by KRISTYLEOPARD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in the color Srarlight Bronze and it is AMAZING! This is one of the best bronzers I've used (and I have used Trish McEvoy, Laura Mercier, MAC, etc.). The color is natural and shimmery, but not too shimmery. It lends a very healthy dose of color to my face and I always get asked if I've been at the beach. For $2.99 I buy one for my makeup bag at home and one for a makeup bag in my purse. The kabuki brush that Wet n' Wild sells is really great for applying this product. Just make sure to blow off or tap the brush before you apply, b/c I have noticed that a lot of powder deposits on the brush.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No