Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 1/12/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

When I used this I was thrilled. It coated my lashes wonderfully, it volumised, lengthened my lashes better than everything I had worn before. I don't know what is it about this mascara that works so nicely, the brush looks nothing special so it was kind of amazing. I could almost put as many coats as I liked without it sticking my lashes together at all, it made me have a million thick, long, lashes. But it has a big minus. It flakes :( and quite badly so . After little time I would find small flakes under my eyes and that's terrible. Such a shame, really, this would be my favorite if it wouldn't be for the flaking problem.

on 1/10/2015 4:43:00 AM

This is great but gets clumpy towards the end of the tube/ a lot of use of the brush.

This mascara is amazing at keep a curl on my thin, straight lashes. When I remove my makeup at the end of the day, my lashes seem somehow MORE curled than when I started. This mascara doesn't clump at all, however, it is also hard for me to achieve speedy volume at the base of my lashes. It does create long, whispy individual lashes, though.

My biggest gripe about this mascara is that it flakes. I'll find little black pieces on my cheeks and nose throughout the day, which then smear when I try to remove them.

For full, lush lashes, my favorite drugstore products are Clump Crusher and Jordana's mascara in the black tube with purple writing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

MY HOLY GRAIL. BEST MASCARA, DOESN'T CLUMP. THANK YOU HOLLIE FORREST ONCE AGAIN FOR HOOKING ME ON THIS STUFF! SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT, DOESN'T SMUDGE OR FLAKE, LEAVES LASHES SOFT, VOLUMINOUS, AND LENGTHENED!

on 1/3/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I remember this being good, so I picked it up when I went to buy the new Lash Sensational. But when I applied one on each eye in the car, I was really underwhelmed. It's been a while since I bought this and since then I had moved on to many mascaras, mainly Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion. So compared to the LS (which I LOVED instantly, btw) and what I was used to recently I'm just kinda like, eh. I might return it since it's just not thrilling me, but I'll give it a few more chances. Overall it's not bad or chunky or anything, just that I have more voluminous and WOW mascaras.

I tried again and it does seem to compare to my general mascara, but it was a tad harder to layer. After removing some of the excess from the brush and combing the lashes, it did give a nice length and separation while still having volume and no clumps so I might keep this just because I got such a good deal. It's also good to have this kind of brush to clean after it's empty and use as a lash comb/brush.

on 12/29/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've tried a lot of Maybelline mascaras and this one is my all time favorite. The brush does a really good job of separating my lashes and the mascara itself really lengthens and thickens my lashes. It's not waterproof but it doesn't smudge like the other mascaras, along with that it keeps a curl too :)

on 12/13/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is fine for me, though I only really buy it once a year or so. I typically use Maybelline's Great Lash, which has a tiny wand. The wand for this mascara is quite large, and doesn't do a great job for my lower lashes.

This mascara does lengthen and thicken my lashes. The effect is pretty dramatic. I didn't notice any fall out, but I did find the mascara dried up quicker than my other mascaras. I don't have any real complaints about this, and I think it's a perfectly good drugstore mascara. One of the better ones, if you want a full and long effect on your lashes that is definitely noticeable.

I also prefer smaller wands for my mascara, so that's why I don't purchase this one often. The size of the wand is ridiculous compared to my eye size and I couldn't really get the product into the inner corner area of my eyelashes either. I think it's just something to do with preference. If this product had a smaller wand, I would repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this, but it weighs my lashes down and clumps them together. wouldn't recommend although so many people like it

on 12/8/2014 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

That is my HG mascara (for now- am a "NEW PRODUCTS" MANIAC;)) I had mascaras with good ratings like Benefit They're real or YVL Baby Doll, L'oreal Million Lashes or Telescopic or 2000 calories blahblahblah and NONE of them would separate my lashes like Colossal.
Pros:
-as far as i know no harsh ingredients
-low price
-wand with plenty bristles, the brush takes amount of mascara NEEDED not everything whats in the tube. It separates lashes one from another but it makes them thick. If you look for natural look try e.g. "Maybelline Great Lash" or " YVL BabyDoll". This is a product for you if you have many lashes
Cons:
-sometimes it flakes (but I have not found any other with those benefits and no flaking)
-packaging is cheap with glittery letters coming off (after a week you cant read what it is)
I keep trying new mascaras but I keep coming back to this one to realize it is the best (for now;)) If you still think if to buy it or not- it is def worth trying.

on 12/6/2014 5:09:00 PM

I really like the consistency of this mascara. This mascara makes my lashes look longer and fuller.

Popular Mascaras