MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Deep

4.4

on 3/24/2011 1:10:00 AM

I have oily skin but very rarely have any breakouts (1 or 2 pimples a year). I bought this powder to wear over my MAC select cover-up concealer to even my skintone even more and keep any oil at bay. After 2 weeks of wearing this powder, the entire right side of my face is covered in acne and I found that there is much more redness in my skin. Will be returning immediately.

on 3/9/2011 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a fair redhead with freckles, so this color is clearly too dark for me - I actually bought it to use as a contour powder. I had my makeup done at the MAC counter and the SA used this color on me, and it looked so good that I had to purchase it. I use it for contouring around my weak chin and cheekbones. It gives just enough color that it contours well, but still looks extremely natural, not like obvious brown powder streaks. It blends really nicely and would also work as a good bronzer for lighter skin tones. The powder itself is very nice, doesn't break me out or cause skin issues, and the quality appears to be quite good. I've been using this for about 2 months and I am very happy with it, and will definitely repurchase.

on 2/20/2011 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this to pair it with my MAC Pro Longwear foundation. It goes together perfectly. It is a bit pricey but its a good quality. It goes on very sheer and weightless which great for me because I HATE wearing too much makeup, when I do. I mainly use it to set my foundation.

My only issue with it is the packaging. As pricey as it is, MAC needs to get it together and add a mirror and I dropped it today and it cracked, which I am sooo irritated about. So they need to work on the packaging to help from cracking.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Overall rating; 4
Price; 1
Packaging quality; 3
Would I buy this product again?; Unsure.

At my darkest I'm NW15, so this is obviously too dark for me as a finishing powder. However, this gives the most gorgeous, subtle, bronzed look on my pale skin. I recommend this product to those who don't have oily skin, and read on if you'd like more information why.

I think I bought this for 20 from a friend along with the MSFN Light, so price doesn't really apply to me as I didn't pay full. However, I don't consider MAC as being that high end or infact expensive anyway. You get alot of product for your money too, so I think it would be worth spending that extra bit of money on anyway. I've had this over a year and the dome is only just starting to flatten.

I have no problems with the packaging, however they could improve this by putting some sort of mirror in it like with the Studio Fix Powders, however I know they won't because all MSFs come in this packaging. One thing that annoys me is how the disk in the front pops out when its in my bag sometimes and the product gets on everything it touches.

I've tried this as an all over finishing powder (even though it is too dark) and the finish is flawless. It reminds me exactly of the Studio Fix Powder except it has a much more natural look in my opinion, despite being a powder that to me, offers full coverage. If I were to use this an an all over finishing powder every day, I would use a MAC disk sponge for powders as I do with all powders. However, I only use this as an all over face 'dusting' powder to add a subtle glow. I apply with my MAC 182 brush and use a light hand it just adds a nice, bronzed look.

The only problem I have is that if I don't wipe the oil from my face before applying, this oxidizes, alot. My MSFN Light does the same. So, if your naturally oily, this won't be a 'touch up' powder for you.

I definitely recommend having a MAC SA try this on you before you buy as it isn't for everyone.

on 2/8/2011 2:07:00 PM

Love this shade for bronzing and contouring my fair complexion. It's the perfect colour without looking too orange or too red. The powder is finely milled, doesn't look flat, and blends easily.

on 1/30/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this, specially when I want to use just powder. I use it instead of my MAC bronze.It is really long lasting, and gives the skin a glowing finish. I'm C5.

on 1/20/2011 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this use as a contour or bronzer. It works great for both on my medium tan skin.
I wish it came with a mirror though.
The finish isn't completely matte.
It's more of a satin finish. It's still a pretty natural finish so I'm a fan.
I'd give it 5/5 if it had better staying power.
As a powder I dont think it would last long or provide enough coverage.

on 11/19/2010 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as a contour and it works great, the color is subtle yet apparent and is easy to work into skin tone. Great for contouring!

on 11/14/2010 10:28:00 AM

I am NC50 and had used Deep Dark when I was NW47 but I hadn't found a new mineralize powder. The MA told me that this would be the best color and she was RIGHT. Its fabulous. A little goes a long way and gives a perfect finish to my skin.

on 9/7/2010 2:35:00 AM

Holy moly! Can you say ORANGE. I gave this 5 lippies because I really love this product. I just happened to listen to the SA and got the wrong shade. I love the finish andit very long wearing and has buildable coverage. I have super oily skin so to make this work for me this is what I did:

Apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia as a primer and then a thin layer of the Clinique pore minimizer. i didnt even have to blot my face later on in the day and that was so nice. The apply powder with a dense kabuki brush and buff in well.