April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Deep

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Emazing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to pair it with my MAC Pro Longwear foundation. It goes together perfectly. It is a bit pricey but its a good quality. It goes on very sheer and weightless which great for me because I HATE wearing too much makeup, when I do. I mainly use it to set my foundation.

My only issue with it is the packaging. As pricey as it is, MAC needs to get it together and add a mirror and I dropped it today and it cracked, which I am sooo irritated about. So they need to work on the packaging to help from cracking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by scienceandfaith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Overall rating; 4
Price; 1
Packaging quality; 3
Would I buy this product again?; Unsure.

At my darkest I'm NW15, so this is obviously too dark for me as a finishing powder. However, this gives the most gorgeous, subtle, bronzed look on my pale skin. I recommend this product to those who don't have oily skin, and read on if you'd like more information why.

I think I bought this for 20 from a friend along with the MSFN Light, so price doesn't really apply to me as I didn't pay full. However, I don't consider MAC as being that high end or infact expensive anyway. You get alot of product for your money too, so I think it would be worth spending that extra bit of money on anyway. I've had this over a year and the dome is only just starting to flatten.

I have no problems with the packaging, however they could improve this by putting some sort of mirror in it like with the Studio Fix Powders, however I know they won't because all MSFs come in this packaging. One thing that annoys me is how the disk in the front pops out when its in my bag sometimes and the product gets on everything it touches.

I've tried this as an all over finishing powder (even though it is too dark) and the finish is flawless. It reminds me exactly of the Studio Fix Powder except it has a much more natural look in my opinion, despite being a powder that to me, offers full coverage. If I were to use this an an all over finishing powder every day, I would use a MAC disk sponge for powders as I do with all powders. However, I only use this as an all over face 'dusting' powder to add a subtle glow. I apply with my MAC 182 brush and use a light hand it just adds a nice, bronzed look.

The only problem I have is that if I don't wipe the oil from my face before applying, this oxidizes, alot. My MSFN Light does the same. So, if your naturally oily, this won't be a 'touch up' powder for you.

I definitely recommend having a MAC SA try this on you before you buy as it isn't for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this shade for bronzing and contouring my fair complexion. It's the perfect colour without looking too orange or too red. The powder is finely milled, doesn't look flat, and blends easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this, specially when I want to use just powder. I use it instead of my MAC bronze.It is really long lasting, and gives the skin a glowing finish. I'm C5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this use as a contour or bronzer. It works great for both on my medium tan skin.
I wish it came with a mirror though.
The finish isn't completely matte.
It's more of a satin finish. It's still a pretty natural finish so I'm a fan.
I'd give it 5/5 if it had better staying power.
As a powder I dont think it would last long or provide enough coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by tr20726p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a contour and it works great, the color is subtle yet apparent and is easy to work into skin tone. Great for contouring!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by jezebel64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am NC50 and had used Deep Dark when I was NW47 but I hadn't found a new mineralize powder. The MA told me that this would be the best color and she was RIGHT. Its fabulous. A little goes a long way and gives a perfect finish to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by shuizar209

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy moly! Can you say ORANGE. I gave this 5 lippies because I really love this product. I just happened to listen to the SA and got the wrong shade. I love the finish andit very long wearing and has buildable coverage. I have super oily skin so to make this work for me this is what I did:

Apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia as a primer and then a thin layer of the Clinique pore minimizer. i didnt even have to blot my face later on in the day and that was so nice. The apply powder with a dense kabuki brush and buff in well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by skimball94

i bought this thinking that i could use it as an overall foundation, according to the mac makeup artist. i went hope and used it and realized that there was shimmer in this, i have oily skin, so the fact that there was shimmer in it made it HORRIBLE. it looks exctly like ERA eyeshadow by mac, but in bigger form. i wouldnt recomend this to oily skined people.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by HoneyAndLilacs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Originally I went to mac to buy the Studio Fix powder, but the makeup artist suggested the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural for me in Medium Deep. She was so right! This is the most perfect powder I've ever used. I use it to set my foundation and it is perfect for the summer, since it is matte and lightweight. I have NC44 skin and this powder is AMAZING!!
I definitely recommend it! Oh, and I have oily skin mainly in the t-zone, and this powder really lasts all day (of course I still have to blot, but even when I don't blot my skin still looks fab!)