August 27, 2014 | 1888 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I went to Sephora to buy the Beethoven palette and ended up with this one because the colors were so much more attractive to me. I have brown eyes and find that these brown/green blends are very flattering to my eye color. I especially love the green shades in this grouping. Surprisingly the glitter in these shadows is moderate which sometimes can be a problem with UD. I think the shadows are worth the money because of the variety and quality of colors you get with this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Right now, this is one of my favorite palettes of all times! All shadows are super blendable and you're really able to create a variety of looks with it, from very natural looking to a heavy smokey eye. Using her "skin eye primer" with it, it helps me keep the shadows stay vibrant and stay on all day. A true masterpiece!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sarahhsmithhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best eyeshadow palettes i have EVER used, the quality of this stuff is amazing, it blends like a DREAM, and you cant say that about many products. but this stuff is worth every penny! its highly pigmented so it only takes on application, you dont have to pack on the color, and its nice and soft. im pretty sure im going to be buying the rest of the palettes in the collection. you can create some good looks with this!! BUY IT!!
you wont regret the decision!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette is my all time favorite. =) The shadows are highly pigmented, vivid and super velvety smooth. The color combination of greens and browns will give you lots of different looks. Worth every penny. It will last a long time. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by aeg123

I bought this palette when it was onsale at sephora.I use this EVERY single day so well worth the money. the colors are so pigmented and the texture is so smooth and they blend beautifully plus the packaging is so pretty! This palette looks especially good on brown eyes. I would def. recommend it and i'll be buying it again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I finally got my hands on KVD eye pallets. The colors are so beautiful, very pigmented with shimmering, which doesn't bother me. The texture is silky smooth, highly blendable to create different looks. This morning I used the green tones by highlighting the eyelids with Clay (shimmering beige), smudged my crease to 2/3 of my lids with Dimebag (lime green), then a coat of Orbi (green shimmer) on the crease. The results were just amazing! The greens are so beautiful when I layered them and totally makes my look go up a notch. Am going to try the other side of the colors, which is in brown tones. However I did notice there was some fallout during the application, and the brushes that come with it do not work as they did not pick up enough products. And the case is a bit flimsy so I wouldn't recommend travel with it unless you have good protection. But overall, I'm very satisfied with this pallet for the color payoff and will try others!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Aubrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the great smokey eye looks I can create with this palette. The shadows are very pigmented and blend easily. I especially love the browns, they work really well with my skin tone and eyes.

I have a couple of issues with this palette which is why I only gave it a 4/5; I tend to get quite a bit off fallout from the glitter. I'm not quite sure if that is because of my brushes (I have not yet gotten around to splurging on some really good MAC brushes, but the ones I have are decent quality) or because of the softness of the shadow but it's a little annoying. Primer is also a must because they crease like crazy on my oily lids after only a couple of hours.

The packaging is gorgeous but it seems to attract dust/dirt/glitter. It was a little on the expensive side but not totally unreasonable (I think around $40 but I can't rembemer exactly). All in all, I think this is a fantastic palette and I'm considering buying Kat's Beethoven one as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by woahitsbrooke92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the colors and all the reviews made me want this super bad. It is definitely out of my price range, so I ended up getting it in a swap. I love it. The shadows are SO soft. I really couldn't get over how soft and smooth they were. They are SO pigmented and will last forever, I won't ever need to repurchase. Wonderful wonderful wonderful! I don't quite know how to use the green colors yet, but I love messing around with them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by amazin90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this!! The shadows lean more towards the warm side of the color spectrum and look awesome on brown eyes. I am wearing a combinations of the greens and my eyes really POP! Kat's palettes are on sale at Sephora for $24.00 until 9/30, so if you can get one please do. That is a great price for 8 quality eyeshadows. I am definately going to try another one. This is my first venture into Kat's line and I am glad I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by fireyourblanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My go-to pallet, I literally use this everyday. It's perfect for a natural daytime look and you can also create a sultry smokey eye for the night. I wish I could pull off the light green eyeshadow, but it looks terrible on me :( It's such a pretty color, though. They are all shimmery, except the black (Lucifer) and brown (Leather), which are creamy and matte. I've noticed some fallout with the shimmery pink/coral one, but nothing too annoying. The Leather one is perfect for filling in my eyebrows as well as to add depth to the crease of my eyelid, I don't even know what I'm gonna do once it runs out, since Sephora doesn't ship worldwide!!
The eyeshadows are a decent size, and, for getting 8 gorgeous eyeshadows, it's quite a good value. The case is lovely (if a tad difficult to open at first..the lock is so small!) and comes with a large mirror. The two tiny brushes aren't good for applying eyeshadow to the lids (you'll need a bigger brush), but they're very good for lining the eyes.
I would buy this (and all of Kat Von D's pallets) again if I could and I definitely reccomend it :)