August 22, 2014 | 1418 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Enough Buff

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW! I can't believe i actually found my HG nude lipstick! I've tried almost all "nude" lipsticks in the drugstore and this is the only one that works the best for me. Revlon soft nude may be hg nude lippie for many people, but on me, it's too pink toned. Just enough buff has just enough yellow/peach in it to work for my light/medium yellow based asian complexion. I think this would work on most asians.
No, it does not look like the "concealer" nude on me, partly because it is pretty sheer, which i like. (revlon nude attitude was too opaque and made me look like a walking corpse >.<) It's just nude enough to be called the "nude" lip color and does not wash me out. The texture is not as creamy as revlon colorburst, but i'm just so happy with the color that I don't really care. It's really moisturizing, just like the rest of the super lustrous line, which is awesome for my chronically dry lips. I'm so glad i found this gem!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by prettyrainyday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my favorite nude lipstick, the only one i own. works perfect on my light-medium skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really didn't like this lipstick. I prefer Revlon's nude attitude, because Nude attitude, although not moist, actually is pigmented. This lipstick isn't pigmented at all, and is very drying. The color is OK when applying sevral swipes, but it wasn't extremely cheap, and I don't think it is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by PRETTYV

I also bought this lipstick bc of the beautiful peach nude lip that Halle Berry had in the Revlon ad in a magazine. I put it on in the car and was so disappointed; very sheer, than after a few more swipes too beige :( but when I got home, I tried it with a similar peach nude lipliner (MAC Summerfruit) and wow! Just like Halle Berry, exactly what i wanted. Since it's a nude, I assume it's hard to bring out the peach on pigmented lips like mine so the lipliner was all it needed. Then I added my new Estee Lauder pure color gloss in Wired Copper (described as a warm medium bronze) which looks lovely and didn't take away from the peach. I got this on a bogo 50% off so i only paid 3 bux. very happy. I would buy again if I ran out but I have so much lipstick I may not need to for a while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy Mannequin Mouth Batman!

I am not a fan of the nude lip. I don't know many pasty pale gals who are. We need color on our lips to keep us from looking like the walking dead.

That said, I am a fan of the *natural* lip, which is what I was hoping this color would be for me. My beloved Rimmel Birthday Suit is apparently d/c (of course...I told you, I have the worst luck with that!) because I can no longer find it anywhere. So I've been searching for an alternative. Because I *am* so fair, I thought this could give me that coveted MLBB look that MUA'ers rave about.

Alas...no.

Too pale, too nude, too...foundation colored. Yes. It looked like I had smeared foundation over my lips, which I actually do, when I'm going for a strong lip color, such as a classic red. It's an odd look, that amphibious lip effect. I find it strangely disconcerting.

I don't know whom this color would look good on honestly. On darker skins it would create an effect much like black face, which is not a look one wants to cultivate in today's politically correct climate. And it's light enough that I don't think it would work for those even paler than I am either.

The color is deceving. In the tube it looks like a nice, soft, creamy peach. It isn't. You might as well apply concealer directly to your lips because that's what you'll be getting with this.

I gave it 3 lippies because it feels nice and light, yet rich and creamy on the lips, has no odd smell and seems to be fairly long lasting. I have no gripe with the formulation, only the color.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is hard, has no color payoff, is not moisturizing...and congeals on the lips. Horrible. For $8, it is an absolute waste of money!! I threw mine in the garbage after a couple days of usage. Really stay away.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by peppermintcupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed in this product. I've generally been a fan of Revlon products and have been pleased with another lipstick of theirs, however, this one is a let down. It takes many coats to build any color, it's hard and dry, uneven and generally does not feel good on the lips. The package was also pretty bad as the twist is really hard and it takes quite a bit of force just to twist the lipstick out (I have a feeling I might have picked up a defective one in this particular case). It's not super expensive considering it's a drug store brand, but it is more expensive than it is worth considering the color transfer is so poor. I wouldn't buy this again especially since this nude isn't "nude" enough for my tastes, it's more of a pinky nude. It doesn't have any funky smells though, which is a plus. I also just wanted to note for anyone who may be interested, the color is the same as Rimmel's nude delight (exact dupe in my opinion) and the Rimmel one generally retails for less.

Edit/Update: The more I am using this product, the more I dislike it. The color does not stay on my lips at all; within minutes the color seems to fade and I find myself constantly reapplying. The texture of the lipstick is also very bad. It is rough and not creamy at all. As a result, I've changed my rating to one lippie.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Jenalicious12

The Color is great for me....Its a pretty nude that fits most medium/tan skin tones. Has no funky smell. Needs a gloss for sure BUT....the bad thing is that it feels rough (it doesnt glide smoothly on the lips) and when it dries it leaves nasty edges on the lips even with the gloss (so you constantly have to check it so you dont dry out)...I really love the color....I just dont like the formula :( I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS AGAIN...I'd rather use my soft nude revlon lipstick =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Peachy nude, VERY warm-toned (slightly orangeish on me). I would recommend this to medium to tan people. I am fair, and even though I am sporting a bit of a summer tan, this looked a little off on me. However, another month into summer and I think I will be able to wear it with confidence. A very pretty peach-nude shade that will look stunning with a smokey eye and peach blush or bronzer. Slightly glossy finish, no noticeable shimmer or sparkle, a winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Louzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've fallen into the nude lip craze and when I spotted this at my local grocery store I had to pick it. I already have Revlon's Nude Attitude and I have to admit it looks a lot like it, but with some sheen. I got this for $2.99 because my HEB usually puts out a $3 off coupon so I will definitely repurchase after I'm done with this tube. Like Nude Attitude, it's a peachy, beige color that's perfect with a smoldering smokey eye. I definitely don't use this alone unless I want to look like a crack head and I definitely can't use this without several applications and a smooth lip. Yes, if you have heavly pigmented lips you'll need to apply several coats, but that doesn't bother me much because it's so cheap. It's a great lipstick and I definitely recommend to all nude lip fans out there.