April 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by keitoaren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Though it seems to be the most popular asian bb cream on the market, it also seems that the Missha Perfect Cover BB is also a very hit or miss product. Luckily for me, it's a major hit.

I originally purchased this product at Missha's store in Harajuku when I lived in Japan last summer. I can't even begin to describe how hot and humid Japanese summers are, and I was looking for a quick fix product to replace my entire makeup routine, and that I could easily reapply entirely on the go. I had read rave reviews about this product online beforehand, so when I spotted the Missha stand as I was searching for a drugstore, I was so excited. Thankfully, the product turned out to be a great success for me, and was something that I could apply and reapply and reapply as I sweated it off throughout the day.

I am very pale (and white, not even Asian), but the shade #13 in Milky Beige suits my skintone perfectly. Those horrible western BB creams often leave pale girls looking orange, and a lot of other Asian BB creams, such as the Skin 79 line, can have a gray tone to them that lasts even after oxidization. This cream, however, looks very natural on me, like my skin but better, which is obviously what you should aim for with any base/foundation kind of product.

It definitely sets like a good moisturizer, without making my already soft, normal texture skin feel greasy or oily at all. In fact, I often use it as a replacement for moisturizer and sunscreen in my morning routine, and it works like a charm for me. Sometimes, I even use this BB cream on its own, or with a little dab of concealer here and there, and I'm set for the day, getting a good amount of coverage without the more time-consuming routine of moiturizer > sunblock > foundation > finishing powder. Speaking of sunblock, did I neglect to mention that this has SPF?

Usually when I use Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, I apply it as the first layer of my facial routine. It's buildable, so if I'm wearing it in place of my foundation, I wait a bit between application and add a couple extra layers to my chin (the only trouble spot on my face) which does the trick rather nicely. If I'm doing my entire routine, however, I only apply one layer, then add one layer of foundation, and minimal concealer. Rarely do I ever need finishing powder, as this product has a bit of a dewy effect as advertised, but does not make me look shiny.

I like the fact that the packaging has a pump, which is a more hygienic alternative to other bottle types, but unfortunately, I've had problems with the pump getting stuck, or having to pump rapidly for a bit to get the product back up to the top. This doesn't happen very often, however, so it's not too bad.

Because of this product, I can't help but roll my eyes and shake my head when people go on and on about western BB creams. They're not even comparable in the slightest to the original asian products, really, just overly hyped and repackaged tinted moisturizers. I wish I could hand everybody a bottle of Missha BB cream so they could understand how well the real deal works!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

I bought the # 23 first and I did like it but I had to mix it with another foundation with more of a yellow color so that it would match my skin tone. Apart from having a grayish tone, it was also pretty dewy. And I'm comparing it to the # 27 I ended buying a year later. I don't think I will ever go back to any other foundation. I LOVE Missha M # 27 bb cream!! It doesn't feel heavy, it has amazing coverage and matches my skin PERFECTLY. I have been searching for my match ever since I started wearing makeup and tbh I had to resort to mixing two different colors because I had given up. #27 is less dewy, a bit more on the matte side. I am acne prone and have sensitive skin & this makeup did not break me out at all. It doesn't get oily or bit it did make me look washed out the longer I have it on, more than 6 hours for me. And I do appreciate the SPF and how it's supposed to lighten your scars. I do see improvement. Definitely a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by omimcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great light coverage, I've got the no.13 shade as I'm very pale and will only continue to get paler as we move into winter so it's a good match. I apply this with clean hands on my face and then use a heaver concealer over my acne and it looks very natural. Have recommended this product to many people :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyqy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't be fooled by the beautiful packaging. I tried both BB Cream colors and they both didn't match my skintone. I looked like a pale vampire with both. I tried to mix them together for a better coverage and didn't work. I can't return them because I bought them online.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just a heads up, this is a FOUNDATION NOT A BASE!!

PEOPLE THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE USED AS A FOUNDATION BUT A BASE!

now at first i tried it with a brush and it was AWFUL! the color was all wrong!! it made me look gray. the consistency was not streaky and it was very moisturizing just like the product promised. good spf but the only problem was the gray cast. lots of gurus claim that it goes away within a few minutes but mine didn't leave until noon (i applied it in the morning) but once the product does sink in it looks very very natural. i was rereading the product description on their direct only store and they say it can be used as a makeup BASE! meaninig prior to foundation! then it hit me.. use a small amount like a moisturizer (like the whole dot it on each section of your face and neck then spread) THEN apply on your foundation (i highly recommend laneige's crystal dual foundation). it will make your makeup last and last and last.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect cover gives me decent coverage but I love that it didn't break me out. Its staying power is pretty good as well. I don't like that it isn't very moisturizing but I just compensate by stacking with a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by justanne

I've been using this for more than a year now and I'd have to say, this is my favorite among all my bb creams. I bought it through a friend who sells korean cosmetics for around $14 or $15 for the full size. I really dont remember how much it was exactly but it was pretty affordable considering how much product it has. Now, First of all, the texture is lovely. It compliments my combination skin - I have an oily t zone while my cheeks are normal. I live in the tropics, so I oil up faster than I normally would when I stay in an air conditioned room. But I don't mind the dewy skin it gives me once it sets off. I really don't like my face to be looking super matte so I don't mind that its a bit dewy after a couple of hours. The place I live in is really warm, even when it's not summer it still is warm, so the high spf couldn't make me any more happier. I guess it still depends on how your skin is but so far it's faired okay with me. The coverage is also LOVE! It can go from light to semi full but definitely not full as I can still see some of my marks peeking through. I had a pretty bad case of acne last year so athough it has improved a lot, I'm still suffering the consequences of acne marks up to this date. This baby covers so well I only need two layers to be on the go, I don't even use concealers anymore. And lastly, the shade. Well i'm not so fond of the color as most korean bb creams are too gray but like I said, it adjusts on my skin tone in no time. I have fair skin with yellow undertones so if we are in the same color chart then it should work fine for you. I use the shade #23 in Natural Beige. So anyways, If you're looking to buy a high end western bb cream anytime soon, I highly suggest you give this a shot first. Its THAT good I swear! You can buy this off at cosmetics love. :) Try it, you'll love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by dottori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product runs around 29.99 and with the periodical 30% off (or 40% off end of season sale) it brings it down to a more wallet friendly price. With that being said would I buy this product again? Probably not and I'll explain why. Just to give you a bit of background info, I am NC 15-20 depending on the season, combination skin with more leverage towards dry side, and sensitive. I've used my fair share of korean BB creams and overall would rate Missha as one of the better formulas due to slower oxidation, more coverage, and higher spf. I would whole-heartedly recommend Missha perfect cover BB cream but only for oily-skinned gals. Dry-skin? I'd probably steer clear or make sure you exfoliate well everyday and stay moisturized to prevent what I call cracking. I'm subject to dry skin patches and many a foundations and BB creams tend to settle in the dried skin ridges thus exacerbating the visible flakes for a lack of better term. This isn't necessarily Missha's fault, maybe mine for inheriting my father's dry skin but the perfect cover isn't hydrating enough for me to want to repurchase. High spf? gimmicky you need alot of sunscreen to receive the appropriate protection. Brightening? Not really and I've used it for a year, my neck is still lighter than my face! Break-outs? Surprisingly no but I suspect Missha's white cure skincare system may be imparting negative juju on me. This isn't to say this BB cream is bad for all dry skinned girls but it left a subpar impression on me. I would in any case order a trial version on sale or a sample packet to try before committing 'cause you never know, it may be a real love affair. Sad to say it just wasn't working out in my case.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only BB cream I have tried so far so I have nothing else to compare it to. I have number 23, the darkest available at time of purchase. They have darker shades now. I am a NC35. The color doesn't match my skin tone at all. It was grayish when I first put it on, but the grayish tone goes away after awhile.
This product claims to do a lot of things for your skin. I am skeptical. I have gotten sunburns when wearing this BB cream. I went out for less than 2 hours. If it really has SPF 42, I should be able to go out for at least 14 hours (my skin starts to burn after 20 to 30 minutes in the sun with no sun protection). My skin didn't get whiter after using this.

This BB cream has medium coverage. It blurs out minor imperfections, but you can't hide acne with this. It is hard to put It on without using moisturizer first. It gives you a dewy look when you first put it on, but it makes your face look super oily by noon. Powder helps a little but not much. I have stopped using it because I can no longer stand the smell. Fragrance is too strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by acrobats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am SO IMPRESSED. the lasting power is incredible and the coverage is great. it looks really natural and stays on almost all day. i apply it with a big round foundation brush (Tarte's) and then set it with a powder and a setting spray. i love it and have already rebought.