April 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been eyeballing this one at LUSH every time I go. I read the reviews on here and saw that everyone thought it was great despite the packaging. I have Candy Fluff, and the packaging doesn't bother me at all, so that isn't an issue. I stopped and smelled Silky Underwear a couple times, but honestly didn't smell anything special. So finally the other day I asked for a sample of it. I am in love. After this stuff is rubbed into my skin it smells awesome. It's a very light scent, but incredibly sexy! And it's moisturizing!! What could be better? The Summer's here in Georgia are unbearable, and I just sprinkle a bit of this in my bra and it keeps me dry. Love it, can't wait to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Frogilina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finally broke down and purchased this powder despite the negative reviews regarding the packaging and I am so glad I did! I honestly don't understand the issues with the packaging as I didn't find it much different from the packaging of Johnson's Baby Powder or Shower to Shower except that the holes of the sifter are larger. I just turn the sifter to open up one hole and either apply directly to my body or sprinkle into my hand first. This powder with its bits of cocoa butter feels wonderful, keeps me fresh and comfortable in high humidity and smells absolutely divine. I think this product is a summertime staple for everyone south of the Mason Dixon Line!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by jj2629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I love the smell and I love the feel on my skin. I use it alone or if I use a message bar I apply this powder to absorb whatever product that doest get soaked up by my skin before I get dressed. My only problem is the packaging, you either get too much, too little or none at all. Thereís no way to control the amount you get and Iíve found that I waste a fair bit, and to make matters worse the package mine came in leaks. Iím going to find something better to store it in, maybe then I wont waste as much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a little bit biased because I've used this powder on and off for years and the scent reminds me of some very happy memories.

However, this is regardless a really nice product. The smell is gorgeous and it leaves my body feeling super smooth and soft all day. Lovely!

Its really nice to cover yourself with after a long pampering bath. I know that others have said that regular talcum powder isn't a lot different, but it certainly doesn't smell this lush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

another over-rated Lush product ... sure, it's nice and smells wonderful, silky, etc ... but so are a million other powders at the drugstore or department store for half the price ... and, I have the same complaint as others - I lost a lot of powder because the packaging is not good at all. Powder leaked out everywhere during travel. Not good.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by AnxietyIssues

Another reviewer said she could use regular baby powder with cornstarch for a heck of a lot cheaper, I'm going to agree. Smelled pretty good, but, Caress Powder smells just as great, IMO.
Was pretty moisturizing but I didn't notice exactly how much since I use Gold Bond softening lotion and that's ultra moisturizing.
The little cardboard container it came in was cute, but I was annoyed by the amount of powder that came out of the opening. I countered this by only opening the lid a teeny amount on my hand then smoothing it on body.

Worth a try, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by bloodvsplastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and I loved it, but I can still just use plain old baby powder with cornstarch(I think the packaging says like lavender/cornstarch, looks and feels like baby powder) instead and it's a hell of a lot cheaper. It was awesome to have it, I just can't justify spending that much money on something like that. That's really the only thing I have against it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Great stuff...weird shape can....but great...I prefer "dusting" powder to have an open top and a brush or puff....but like it nonetheless.

Nice smell, nice consistency....the price has increased recently though...

I would buy this again though for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

for lovers of Butterball and Honey I Washed the Kids. A yummy but not over powering scent. The bits of cocoa butter makes this one very moisturizing on your skin. Skin feels amazingly soft all day long

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by glittermaven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am only giving this 4 lippies since it used to be much better. I started buying this back in 2001 when it was about $4 a can. It smelled better then and had more bits of cocoa powder in it. Now its missing something scent-wise. But I still love it, the scent, the texture, etc. I used it all the time. Wish the container were better and the price were lower.