LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 1/1/2010 9:44:00 PM

Love everything about this except the packaging. I need a puff please!

I don't understand the comments about moisturization as I never have expected a powder to moisturize my skin? Quite the opposite actually. I normally use powder to absorb wetness. I am truly baffled by these comments.

At any rate, the smell is diving and it feels wonderful on the skin. I can't ask for much more than that.

on 1/1/2010 9:34:00 PM

I was having an issue with chafing under my bra. This powder nipped it in the bud and I haven't had an issue since I started dusting myself before getting dressed. It is really finely crushed, and smells like cocoa butter and vanilla, it is really nice to use after I use my therapy bar so I'm not all greasy when I get dressed.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

LOVE this product. Im no diehard fan of Lush, but this is one staple I cannot live without. It smells light, and is very fine milled, okay price. I use it all over my body. It actually helps cut down on static when Im wearing (no pun intended) silk camis and such. I use it everyday in the summer (in the South, very humid) under my arms, bra, back of my knees, etc. Always repurchase when Im out. I gave it 4 lippies because I wish so bad it came with a powder puff!

on 12/23/2009 4:48:00 AM

mmm smells so nice. like cocoa butter with a hint of floral and vanilla. i have very dry skin so i don't find it moisturizing, but i don't expect a powder to moisturize. i sprinkle it in my sheets before i go to bed and it smells divine. one lippie off for the packaging. messy and not practical. wish they packaged with a powder puff or something.

on 6/19/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This powder smells so wonderful. It smells like jasmine and vanilla. The site says vetivert is in there, too. It soothes and keeps my skin dry during the warm weather. The cocoa butter in it really helps it glide on and doesn't leave me feeling desert dry like baby powder. I ordered this from Lush UK, so the packaging is different. It is a taller jar that looks less awkward to handle than the US packaging. I love this powder and hope to repurchase when it is gone.

on 6/16/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not quite sure if I would buy this again. The scent was nice, maybe a little perfumy, but nice. I didn't find it particularly moisturizing. It didn't seem to protect against persperation as well as I hoped, and the texture was a little too fine. Maybe I am being picky because I prefer Burt's Bees dusting powder. SU is a little pricey too but not that it would stop me from buying it again if I had fallen in love with it. I might even give it a second shot someday. I didn't have a problem with the container like everyone else seems to complain about.

on 6/16/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have been eyeballing this one at LUSH every time I go. I read the reviews on here and saw that everyone thought it was great despite the packaging. I have Candy Fluff, and the packaging doesn't bother me at all, so that isn't an issue. I stopped and smelled Silky Underwear a couple times, but honestly didn't smell anything special. So finally the other day I asked for a sample of it. I am in love. After this stuff is rubbed into my skin it smells awesome. It's a very light scent, but incredibly sexy! And it's moisturizing!! What could be better? The Summer's here in Georgia are unbearable, and I just sprinkle a bit of this in my bra and it keeps me dry. Love it, can't wait to buy it!

on 6/4/2009 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finally broke down and purchased this powder despite the negative reviews regarding the packaging and I am so glad I did! I honestly don't understand the issues with the packaging as I didn't find it much different from the packaging of Johnson's Baby Powder or Shower to Shower except that the holes of the sifter are larger. I just turn the sifter to open up one hole and either apply directly to my body or sprinkle into my hand first. This powder with its bits of cocoa butter feels wonderful, keeps me fresh and comfortable in high humidity and smells absolutely divine. I think this product is a summertime staple for everyone south of the Mason Dixon Line!!

on 5/29/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this! I love the smell and I love the feel on my skin. I use it alone or if I use a message bar I apply this powder to absorb whatever product that doest get soaked up by my skin before I get dressed. My only problem is the packaging, you either get too much, too little or none at all. Thereís no way to control the amount you get and Iíve found that I waste a fair bit, and to make matters worse the package mine came in leaks. Iím going to find something better to store it in, maybe then I wont waste as much.

on 5/24/2009 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a little bit biased because I've used this powder on and off for years and the scent reminds me of some very happy memories.

However, this is regardless a really nice product. The smell is gorgeous and it leaves my body feeling super smooth and soft all day. Lovely!

Its really nice to cover yourself with after a long pampering bath. I know that others have said that regular talcum powder isn't a lot different, but it certainly doesn't smell this lush.

Top Rated LUSH Products