April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchase the Now Foods brand. It has a slight avocado odor but it doesn't both me. I bought a 4 oz bottle for about $5. I removed the cap and replaced it with a pump to make it less messy and more convenient. Before using avocado oil, I used almond oil. My face was still flaky with dry patches, red and inflamed, and itchy. A week after the switch, my face is hydrated, youthful, and not red or inflamed anymore! I also have sensitive acne prone skin and noticed that I have less breakouts! Ironically, my skin has become less oily. I wish I used this oil back in high school!

A little goes a long way with essential oils. You only need 3-4 drops for the entire face. I like to massage it into my face immediately after a shower while my face is still wet because it absorbs better. My skin literally drinks it up because minutes later, my naturally combination skin is completely oil free! I find that if I rub it on dry skin, the oil just sits on top of my skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

im not sure if i bought the wrong brand or what but after about a week i experienced clogged pores. i purchased the NOW brand which was more of a yellow color, but it was the only one i could find. it didn't wow me as a moisturizer since i woke up with flaky skin anyways. i wish this worked out for me because i was hoping to find a gentler/cheaper alternative to retinol creams (its contains vitamin a and studies show that avocado oil itself builds collagen). im going to use the oil up on my hands and body sealed off by a moisturizer, but probably wont dare to try it on my face again.

UPDATE: I learned that this is one of the oils that truely penetrate the skin layers and I love how it really mknoisturizes my stretching pregnant skin instead of just sitting on my top layer . I got no stretch marks since I started using this daily and a few times a week I apply it all over my body after showering. My extremely dry skin has normalized! Still a big no for my face tho. Will not buy again just because the smell kind of bothers me.. if coconut oil doesn't give me same results then I might tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

I got cold pressed avocado oil to try because I was getting tired of using my giant bottle of sunflower oil (which is fabulous, by the way) and because the reviews for it are so good. Sadly, I'm one of the people whose skin freaked out after a week's worth of using it as a night time moisturizer. I got a bit of a rash. I'm going back to the sunflower and will update if the rash goes away, so I can be sure it's the avocado oil.

UPDATE: My rash was NOT the avocado oil. It was my eczema making an appearance on my face. Once I got that back under control, I used the avocado oil again and it works fine. I'm not in love with it like I am with sunflower oil, but it works great for when my skin is uber dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE avocado oil for my face (hair, body, anywhere...). It is light and is absorbed within minutes so it does not leave a lasting greasy feel. No strong smell, and while the bottle is expensive it lasts a lot time so per use it is not expensive. I use it day and night but I should be using an SPF moisturizer in the morning.

I have acne prone skin and I have fewer breakouts now than before I started using avocado oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally purchased avocado oil as a hair treatment after hearing and reading all the great things it does for the sclap and hair. I personally found it too heavy for my hair. So I switched back to jojoba oil. Since I didn't want to waste the bottle I mixed it with my coconut oil that I use on my body. It seems to be working rather well. The coconut oil masks the smell of the avocado oil and I feel like my skin is getting a moisture boost, which I need since its getting colder outside. I have used the mixed on my face after having a chemical peel since my jojoba oil wasn't cutting it (my skin was so incredible dry). I have kept up using it and my face feels pretty good too. Then I tried using that mixture in my hair as an overnight pre-conditioner a few times. I haven't seen a dramatic change in my hair yet but I think that I will stick with it since it will probably take a few months to see any hair growth.

UPDATE: I have been using avocado oil on both my face and body and my skin is super soft and smooth. I have been using a avocado and honey hair mask, though messy its very moisturizing for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Blondemenace121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love oils and I think they're great for skin - I love jojoba and rosehip and especially pure vitamin e. However, like a few of the other reviewers avocado oil make my skin go nuts. Within seconds my face was bright red, burning, itchy and starting swell. Not sure what caused the reaction, I got food-grade oil, cold-pressed and oganic. It may have been the high vitamin A content. Those already using retinols should be aware that it is very high in natural vitamin A and will give an exfoliating effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Alythia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hot damn, my skin loves this stuff. I've used oils (particularly jojoba) on my face before, and have had decent results with the oil cleansing method using olive and castor oils, but I think this is the best one yet. I used it as a night time moisturizer after using my regular cleanser, and my skin looked amazing the next morning--glowy, soft, no noticeable fine lines. I'm not sure yet about helping with my minor acne, but it seems the perfect balance of light and rich for my face, and didn't cause much shine (well, after it sunk in).

Not so sure about using it on my hair, though--I mixed some in with my conditioner, and I barely noticed a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by mileanxhela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so impressed with this avocado oil, I did not break out which is trully a miracle since my skin is really sensitive and will break out with any oils.I got the cold pressed one and was really surprised that my skin absorbed it really well. I could even wear it during the day since there was no shine residue on my face. Ladies I suggest you get the cold pressed oil because it absorbs really well into the skin. My skin was sooo soft when I woke up this morning....baby soft skin and I usually have dry skin around the nose and chin area but my whole face was soft. My face was also bright and I feel this works well for acne marks. I've only used it for a day so I am not completely sure that it will not break me out but I do usually break out within a day. We will see, I will keep posted on the results. I really hope this does not break me out because my skin is soooo soft.....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by liagibba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've read that avocado oil is one of the few oils that actually penetrate the hair shaft, along with coconut and olive oils. I usually combine this with castor oil for an overnight scalp oiling, but it's wonderful alone for general softness. I always CO-wash to get oils out the next morning, and I've had great results across the board. This is also amazing combined with pure shea butter and coconut oil as a skin moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by duchamp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Instantly softens dry patches (I've been using it on elbows, knees).

Incredible hair softener! If you don't use too much your hair will be soft and not greasy. LESS FRIZZ!! I use a few drops on wet hair. Can probably be smoothed over dry hair if you use a tiny amount.

Such a great discovery. I'm thrilled!! :)

p.s. I bought cold pressed avocado oil - brand is Roland. It was only $6 at Fairway market in NY. I've heard food grade is better for your skin than the stuff in the skincare section.