Cover Girl Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/24/2009 12:56:00 PM

I am reviewing this product in Fragrance Free (the light green compact). I have both 210 (classic ivory) and 225 (buff beige), as my skin tends to be a bit more pale in the winter and more tan in the summer. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin and I always stress over changing products, however this powder was wonderful! It didn't cause any blemishes and it does a pretty good job of keeping the oilies at bay. I was using Almay's clear complexion powder, but it had a tendency to look orange on me (especially when I would dab it just on certain spots). The Cover Girl compact might not be the classiest looking make-up compact in the world, but for the price and quality/effectiveness, I'm sold! I prefer this over other drugstore (and even department store) brands and will continue to repurchase in the future. Compare prices at your local drugstores/grocery stores - I recently found it on sale for $3.99 at Albertson's.

on 3/6/2009 9:47:00 PM

CoverGirl always has very reliable products . I always use this product as a finishing powder for my Revlon ColorStay foundation . It has a nice texture to it &the color goes on Translucent so I don't have to worry about looking orangey or anything . It doesn't make me break out ... If anything it's KEPT my skin clear more than other powders . I love this powder &will continue to use it with my daily makeup routine . I would DEFINITELY recommend it =] .

on 2/18/2009 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ive been using this powder for years :) I have very sensitive skin, and this is the only powder that does not break me out. It sets my foundation really well, and does not need touching up too frequently. It also doesnt look orange by the end of the day like some powders tend to do. I use the Buff Beige shade :)

Great for touchups! I have Classic Ivory, so its basically a translucent finish on my skin, it doesn't last super long, but just enough to hold up for a few hours..

on 1/25/2009 2:05:00 PM

its an ok powder..i think this caused me some minor break outs..i prefer the maybelline shine free and stay matte pressed powders over this...this powder is quite chalky for me..i would only but this again if they discontinue the maybelline shine free and stay matte.

on 1/18/2009 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I bought this when I decided to try the AquaSmooth foundation ( by CoverGirl also). I wouldn't recommend using it with AquaSmooth whatsoever. I read it on the CoverGirl website that it should be used with this product but that was a lie.

Anyways, the major problem with this is the color. My AquaSmooth was a 220 & when I looked at the 420 for this, it was WAY too light. So I kept going up shades and decided to stop at 440 since it was 4 shades darker (supposively) and I didn't want my face darker than my neck. Long story short, I came home and tried it as quick as I can. After applying it after AquaSmooth, I looked so pale. So thanks CoverGirl for your HORRIBLE color selections

I wouldn't recommend this with people who have acne scars or dry skin because it looks so flaky. My face gets oilier during the day but when I used this, my face was too dry and that's not something I want.

So basically, I wouldn't recommend or repurchase this at all. Maybe if you find the right shade, it can be good for some people but it's definitely not for me

on 1/16/2009 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Same as the other CG compacts. No coverage, great for setting foundation. Reapplying is a must throughout the day, but it's great for oily skin, really keeps it under control.

on 1/16/2009 3:50:00 AM

I use this product to control shine on my face. It works quite well for me, even on warm days.

The Classic Ivory shade in the Cover Girl line matches my skin almost exactly, so I can use this powder alone just to control the shine, or as a finishing powder on top of my foundation. I apply it lightly with a large powder brush and it blends in well and doesn't look caked on.

I chose this pressed powder largely because it's fragrance free; using fragranced products on my face tends to give me a headache from the scent so I avoid them as much as possible. This powder doesn't have any scent at all, so I'm also pleased with that aspect of the product.

This powder is inexpensive and lasts quite a long time, so it's a good value for my purposes.

on 11/7/2008 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I came to buy this product when I saw that Rihanna was the covergirl face for this product.
I was a little dissapointed by the colour, because all of them seem to look VERY LIGHT and when I bought something that looked close to my skin tone, it ended up being very light and made me look like I was sick.
This powder is really for wearing ontop of the Covergirl Gragrance free Foundation, but if wearing alone, you MUST wear a good moisturizer or else you will have flake spots on your skin.
I also thought that the green compact packaging was really cute and I love the size of the mirror.
But remember, dont put this on with the puff that they give you in the package because over time, oil gets onto the puff and your putting the oil onto the pressed powerder, eventuall creating a nasty film over the top.

This is an okay product, but I dont think I will buy it again.
If you wanna wear this product, buy a powder brush or use a blush brush to apply this.

on 10/11/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Covergirl clean pressed powder...what a disaster!
I used to use the fragranced version about 2 years ago and i dont remember it being this bad.
I bought this version just two days ago when i went to shoppersdrugmart and they were having a promotion, if you bought two covergirl products they'd give you 2000 bonus optimun points so i grabbed this and a shadow on a whim.
First of all there is no consistensy of colour throughout the entire covergirl brand. A soft honey in trublend whipped, is different than softhoney in trublend liquid which is different in smoothers, which is different in clean liquid and pressed powders!
Extremely absurd eh?
well while this product gives a decent matte look to my face,
it has horrible coverage that needs to be caked on. Due to my oily skin i get a lot of breakouts (but not acne, just small zits all over the place), so coverage is a must. In order for coverage i need to cake some on with the poof and then continue adding more with the brush, and then buff. Once im happy with the coverage I look into the mirror and see a matte, fake, partially ORANGE face.
not the look i was going for,
so in conclusion Covergirl Clean pressed powder is a no no.
I dont want to throw this out so i think im just going to use it as a contour powder because it is matte.