October 23, 2014 | 931 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Jas24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just LOVE applying the egg white to my face ..
i usually slice a lime n squeeze a few drops of it into the egg white ..
stir it up together & apply it to my face .. leave it on for about an hr. then rinse. this is not something that you should do daily because it tends to dry the skin .. well i use to do it daily to mines .. bad mistake!!! my face was looking so ashy! but yeah the lime juice with the egg white faded my dark marks on my face.. so i am very happy .. you could also try lemon juice! there's nothing like all natural items :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by doristam

Awesome mask! I use this alternatively with the aspirin mask and they are doing wonders for my skin. I use one egg white, which is more than enough for your face, smear it on my face avoiding the eye and mouth area. The smell is a little off-putting but it is raw egg after all. Once your face feels pretty tight (5-10 minutes), I go and wash the mask off with an exfoliator. My face was really glowing, it felt clean, and super smooth. I have pretty sensitive skin and I was afraid the egg would irritate my eczema but my face felt great after. I would highly recommend the mask, but don't do it more than 1-2 times a week as it might really irritate your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yep, I'm hooked! I use the whole egg though, i find it less harsh. My skin is combination/oily and i also add a tablespoon of honey.
The results are AMAZING. Clear, bright skin with reduced pores. The only thing i hate is the applying part. Since it's very very runny I end up splashing my face with the mix until i have enough of it on my face....But hey, who cares, it's cheap, it's natural and it WORKS!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Shiorin

This is one of my favourite masks and it's organic! (make sure the eggs are free range ones)
First I was a bit freaked out to try it since I didn't really like the idea of raw egg white all over my face but I'm glad I got past that. I use the same method as Michelle Phan on her youtube video.
It really helps to tighten the pores (not permanently I'm afraid) and it also clears up your skin! I've always had troubles with occasional break outs but this really helps. I use egg white mask 1-2 a week and it has helped to dry out blemishes.
I would definitely recommend this to someone who has occasional break outs, oily skin or acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ImmaBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask. I did the normal procedure though i didn't have time for it to dry fully but it still worked! my skin was smooth and soft when i put on my make-up the next day. the few blemishes on my forehead were visibly smaller or had disappeared. my dry patches on my forehead had disappeared and i only had to touch up my makeup once in the whole day as opposed to three. it's a miracle worker and definitely a staple in my regimen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not commenting on this regarding acne as I havint any but this is great for tightening skin and keeping it firm and supple aswell as softening pesky fine lines I'm 25 now and trying everything to keep them at bay will continue to use This as part of my skin regime for as long as I live

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

well i cant believe i have never tried a natural mask! i was THAT close to buy a mask but i found this review that natural masks are much better than the ones you buy.
first time try, i waited for 15 minutes and after i wash it off with a warm water my face was sooooo clean and silky and clear and BRIGHT AND GLOWY! love love love!
although this can be very drying for dry/combination skin. even for my normal face, it got dry after i wash it off. but i think this is a great mask for oily/very oily skin :)
for those who do get dried up face after using this, use egg yolk after washing the egg white off (which i will review soon) or just use toner and then moisturizers
and a tip if you hate the egg smell, just use any lightweight-fragranced cleanser or toner or soap :P
and also this is like my serum substitute at night. but since i only use this on weekends when i stay at home, i dont really care of the smell :P

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Kittyb1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW, Amazing!

I have the most sensitive, spot prone, combination, rosacea troubled skin. That means it's oily, but flaky on my cheeks, forehead and around my nose, uneven skin tone, and in the winter particularly it is a nightmare.

Lately, central heating, London pollution and work stress took their toll and my skin has been red, spotty, sore and itchy, with dry patches on my cheeks and nose really flaky.

Facemasks generally cause my skin to feel tight and uncomfortable, and I never really notice a massive difference. I regularly use a honey and oatmeal one from Lush, but with Christmas looming and my bank account looking sad, I thought I'd try and whip up a mask with ingredients in my cupboard.

I used one egg white, whipped with a teaspoon of squeezy honey (nothing posh, just good old Sainsburys). Smoothed this over my face and left until it tightened, rinsed it off. Then smoothed a little of the egg yolk all over my face, again left it until I was unable to smile (I wonder if that's what it looks like when you have Botox....?!), rinsed it off well, and followed with lots of Superdrug Vitamin E moisturiser.

Initially after rinsing my skin looked a bit red and irritated. About 5 minutes after applying the moisturiser I noticed how soft and supple my skin felt, and my cheeks weren't flaky at all anymore! The sebborheic dermatitis I often get around my nose looked noticeably better too. This has NEVER happened in all my (30) years of skincare regimes.....no product ever makes a noticeable difference.

I applied my foundation - and my skin looks AMAZING. Even, glowy and plump, with no visible flakes on my forehead or cheeks, and only a couple of tiny ones on my nose. My skin looks clear and bright, the foundation going on smoothly and blending better than ever before.

Even better, it FEELS great. Comfortable, moisturised and not at all tight. It really feels like I've been 'feeding' my face. And all for the cost of an egg!

I would highly recommend this to anyone, even those with sensitive skin. I'm going to keep using it and will let you know if the results are as good next time around!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by zexactly

LOVE EGG MASKS.
I don't use just the egg white. I just crack an egg into a bowl, maybe add a squirt of honey, and whisk. Then I just slather some on my face haha and let it dry. It smells like eggs, yes, and it doesn't feel too pleasant when it's dry but you skin will be glowing and smooth. I was shocked when I first used it :)
I use the leftovers for a hair mask which i don't see great results like the face mask (may be user error), but that's another review.

I imagine it would work better for oily skin than dry. Highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ssslasher23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this mask! After reading up on the great success other MUAers have had with this treatment, I had to try it out (so glad I did).
I separated the egg white and whisked it a little then used an old foundation brush to brush it all over my face, focusing on problem areas. Then covered my face in toilet paper and brushed on more egg white. I continued doing this until I'd finished the white. Just a quick note: may not look like there's a lot of egg white in the bowl, but you'll realize it's more than enough when you start applying it to your face.
When it's completely dry and ready to peel off, it will feel like paper mache on your face...hard and dry.
I was surprised when I pulled off the mask. This may sound gross but, when you look at the inside of the mask once it's off, you can actually see the areas where there's more sweat and oil (like on your forehead) look kinda greyish and the gross stuff cleaned out of your pores is all stuck in there too 8D *Yes, the gory details, but it's a great thing!* My skin was left cleeaan and glowing -- yes, glowing no joke :)
Everyone's gotta try this mask! For those with dry or even normal skin, I'd reccomend you moisturize afterwards. But for those with oily skin like me, you may not have to.
OH almost forgot to mention, be careful where you put the eggwhite + toilet paper. I accidentally got some of the mask glued right onto some hairs around my temple and it's no fun trying to get it off...just a heads up!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No