September 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by KatieStardust

This added a lot of volume to my hair, but unlike cheaper products, I think the key is not adding too much. I have to clarify often with this stuff though, because it tends to build up. The texture of the product is great and I love the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by alexis85

This mousse made my hair unmanagable when blow drying it with a round brush and it also took longer to dry. As for the volume I really did not see a difference it was heavy it was weighing my hair down.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by xlittlefoot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I combined this mousse with the corresponding shampoo and conditioner. I had read great reviews on this so decided to give it a go. Sadly the range does nothing for my hair apart from straighten it out. I usually have very curly hair when air dried but for some reason it was poker straight. On the plus side, my hair is very soft and has no frizz. On the bad, no volume and it killed my curl. Definitely wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mousse costs a lot and is no better than cheaper mousses.
I did not get significant more volume from using this product; so waste of money. Will certainly not buy again. Still searching for a miracle product that will actually really give me some more volume!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by myonliztar1

I have long, fine hair thats limp at the roots. This product didnt help with the volume, I tired it this morning and my hair looked the same way it always does...The mousse didnt feel sticky though, thats one thing I liked...but I wouldnt buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Lillianw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wavy hair so when i don't straighten my hair i throw on some mousse from john frieda it looks great it dosent leave your hair hard like other products do. it smells good too..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by heiress33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

omg omg omg
i bought this product just yesterday and i used it today after washing my hair with the john frieda luxurious volume shampoo and my response was OMG!!! this is the best product (for hair) i have ever purchased!! it volumized my hair like soooo sooo soo much that i HAD to use smoothing serum LOL, i totally did not think that id get such big hair from this and i dont have much hair either! i have VERY VERY fine hair! i would reccomend this product to everyone. go and get it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by beautyobsessed

I dont usually write reviews after the first try, however, after using mousses from high end salons to drugstore brands, this mousse really delivers. I have healthy normal hair and this product gives lots of volume without any stickiness. My hair is really full and bouncy. I don't mind spending $6 bucks for an "everyday mousse" if it gives me great hair. Highly recommended. Impressed. I wish I found this product sooner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in an attempt to find a replacement for my Charles Worthington Big Hair mousse, which Shoppers Drug Mart has discontinued. This is a pretty darn close replacement. Probably about as close as I'm going to get. I tried it for the first time today. It adds noticeable volume (I didn't get insane volume but perhaps it could be achieved with more product... I didn't use a ton because I wasn't sure what it would be like) and doesn't make my hair crusty or anything at all. And it's got a nice scent that isn't over-powering. The only thing I'd probably change about it is the nozzle. It works fine but I really like the kind that can spray the mousse out as well (like my old Charles Worthington Big Hair mousse had) to aim the product right at the roots. That's pretty minor though. I can just work it into my roots instead. I'll repurchase. It's a little pricier than I like for an everyday mousse (about $11 CAD) but it was only supposed to be a replacement for my Charles Worthington, which I mainly used on days where I cared more about my hair looking perfect, and they're about the same price. I would recommend.
Edit 05/07/2009: I think I now like TRESemme's Thermal Creations mousse even better than this. This one's still really good but the TRESemme one is even better, and cheaper!
Update 08/05/2010: I still had a new can left of this so I tried this again recently once my hair was a bit longer (about shoulder length, whereas it was probably about chin length before), and it didn't work for me at ALL. Even with a very small amount, it coated my hair and made it really heavy and overly moisturized-feeling, almost as if I hadn't rinsed out all of my conditioner or something. I was unable to achieve any volume at all (made my hair flatter than if I hadn't used mousse at all) and after adding hairspray on top of the mousse residue, my hair looked greasy and felt horrible. I gave the can to my mom to try and she didn't like it either (also said it left too heavy of a coating on her hair to do anything with it). So, I tossed it. I have bumped my rating for this product down from a 4 to a 1. I still really like my TRESemme Thermal Creations mousse though, which has seemed to have worked consistantly well through my varying hair lengths.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by itslyndz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Gives good volume. I usually rotate this product with Marc Anthony thickening mousse. Would buy again.