October 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this powder, i bought it about 2 months ago and iv been using it ever since, i bought the smaller one because the big was was pretty expensive and i heard the small one lasts a really long time. Anyways this power is so fine, it gets into any ridges onto your face and completely smooths everything out, Makes my face look alot more flawless in pictures, would deffinatly recommend this product to anyone whos looking for a setting powder, but if your not willing to spend the price id recommend buying the Elf high definition powered which only costs a few bucks and seems to do the same thing

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Sephora for 30 or so dolars. Once I tried this it made me look extremely chalky and amplified my somewhat ashy dry skin. It didn't match my skin tone whatsoever! I returned it within 3 days.

I don't recommend for anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Karinpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using this powder for about 6 months and I'm truly obsessed! I use it quite heavily but there's still loads of it left in the jar. Totally worth the money. I use it after applying foundation, but before bronzer/blush. It's great for setting your under-eye concealer as well. It helps with smoothing out my visible pores and doesn't break me out at all.
Only downside I can see with this powder is that it isn't great at controlling oil. It doesn't allow you to become super oily, but maybe just a bit TOO dewy after a couple of hours. Other than that - really great product!! Will definitely repurchase as soon as I run out :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

This came with my MUFE starter kit so I decided to test it out. I don't like changes and I've been happy with my Urban Decay All Nighter spray. I figured it might work best with the HD foundation since it did come in the kit. I have never used any sort of setting powder prior to this and this stuff is amazing! It sets my foundation way better than the All Nighter spray and I don't get any breakthrough oil. I don't need to blot and my face stays matte but a nice kind of matte. A touch of dewiness to make it look like my own skin. Looks like I have nothing on and it's the finishing touch to the already flawless looking HD foundation. It doesn't look cakey when I apply this and a little bit of this goes a long way. In comparison with the All Nighter spray, this sets my makeup and keeps me oil free a lot better! I won't be using the spray anymore.

EDIT (DECEMBER 15, 2013):
After using this for a while, it started to be the culprit of my breakouts. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I'm sure you could find a cheaper dupe for this (NYX has one) as it's just silica powder. I've been using the smaller size for 2 years now, every time I wear makeup and I don't think I'll ever get through it. I've used this on my whole face a couple times, but I prefer it for my under eyes. Although beware for flash photography - I had a picture of me with the powder showing up under my eyes.. not a good look. I must've been a little heavy handed. I like it for under my eyes because it's so finely milled so it doesn't cake up & it makes my concealer not crease. This is a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm upset that I didn't discover this sooner! Gives such an airbrushed finish to the face, it's amazing! This product controls oil better than anything I've ever tried. You get a luminous glow yet it's matte at the same time (hard to explain). I have a mini size for my purse, I'm obsessed!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Coolnerdgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to love it, unfortunately I do not. It leaves a chalky look to your face and it is literally awful to smell. I cough when ever I inhale after putting it on my face. Not very pleased, however it is very fine and silky feeling, I use it first becAuse it's so fine but I just set it with another powder after application. I wouldn't wear this alone because it makes me look pale, sick and chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Flawless, invisible finish!

Despite my notorious cheapness, Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder has become an essential and permanent fixture in my little makeup box. :) It is worth every penny!

No more shiny face by mid-morning, even on sunny days... this powder has been consistent in keeping shine at bay and delivering a translucent, flawless finish, be it over foundation or even just my moisturizer. Love and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Leeleegbb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok...I love this product....I use a light dusting at the end of the application after I have set the foundation. To set I am currently using RCMA's translucent, Ben Nye in Cameo, Banana or Camel.

I also use it on the eyes after putting foundation on and before eyeshadow and I have not had any issues with creasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by firefly93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Finely milled so will fill in all the pores/lines making your face appear younger
-Makes your face feel super smooth/ velvety
-Good setting powder for day time
-Does not cake up/ cling on to dry spots
-Does not break me out

Cons:
-Flashback in flash photography
-Packaging (wish there was a sifter on top so you can get some product out without having to dip your brush in the entire container)
-Not very good oil control~~need to blot face in 2-3 hours