September 20, 2014 | 1789 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Jolly911

I can not rave about this product enough. It's amazing! I have very difficult skin, dry with rosacea on my cheeks but have an oily forehead. On top of that I have fair skin so other foundations I have tried in the past are either too dark, too orange, too yellow etc...I did a lot of research before purchasing this and because MUFE isn't available in stores where I live, I had to take my chances by ordering it online. But it paid off. I bought it in N115 and ever since I started using it, people have commented on how amazingly flawless my skin looks. It covers really well but I love how I don't notice I am wearing any foundation. It gives my face a mild dewy look and it doesn't move at all during the day. Will definitely purchase again when I run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by kira1999

This foundation barely has any coverage, so if you need to cover anything, you need a lot. It didn't last very long but looked very natural and invisible. It had a satin finish and gave my skin a pretty glow. Nice foundation, but sadly not worth the price

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sassyjules

I wanted to really love this product. I heard it was great for medium-full coverage and the packaging was easy to dispense. I bought the #117 and #120 I believe. One for the warmer months and one for the cooler ones where I would not have as much sun. I noticed putting it on it made my skin really even and matched very well, however it was more of a light coverage. I feel like I had to use so much of the product to get the coverage I needed. That little bottle did last me awhile, but another thing I wasn't happy about was at the end when you are trying to get what is a decent amount of product left on the bottle and theres no way to scrape it out! Bummer! Bottom line- its great for medium to light coverage but not amazing enough for me to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sadly this wasn't for me :(

Don't understand the HD claim as this stuff looked way obvious on my skin.

I don't really think there are enough color selections-- as (at least in the light shades) they run either wayyy to pink or wayyy too yellow... 117 was like a cartoony yellow.

I knew it was time to purge this when I caught a look at myself in department store lighting, and I saw how my face in comparison to my flesh colored chest was just a butter yellow like I was a simpson character or something (I was also incredibly oily- so this didn't do zilch for oil control :/)

I applied this using fingers, sponge and brush and none seemed to really help the foundation from just sitting on top of my skin and looking unnatural. There was also an unwanted affect of accentuating fine lines and pores ://

Pros:
great packaging. sturdy plastic bottle, compact, lid, pump, travel friendly.. all youd want in a bottle design
didn't break out my skin

Con:
not good color option IMO, needs more neutrals, beiges, etc
Sits on top of skin, doesn't blend w skin, I don't understand the HD claim, etc
on the pricier side (considering how I wasn't all that satisfied w it)
Accentuated lines, made my skin look dehydrated YET ALSO made me very oily after a few hours of wear

For reference I use daily and love UD naked skin in shade 1, and mac f&b in c1. Even though f&b is a dewy foundation, I actually look less oily after a few hours in this than I do after a few hours wearing mufe hd :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jonismith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundations, the colour N180 blends beautifully with my complexion. Great pump, makes for ease of use little mess. Coverage is moderate, will need concealer if you have something dark to hide. I find that I put a little extra dab of the foundation on any discolorations that work just as good too.This is the only reason I give it 4 stars not 5. My skin looks smooth and radiant, I don't find it has much of a smell. I wish the price wasn't so expensive, but oh well I'm sold!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by gilliannc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the coverage and the feel but unfortunately causes me to break out in horrible cystic acne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I decided to purchase this product after seeing so many tutorials on YouTube where this is used. I have NW130 skin. For me, this was an OK product that I did not love or hate. As another person put it, it looked great if I was having a great skin day because of the nice, satin finish it gives. Otherwise, it was a tad too sheer (which doesn't particularly bother me, but it did surprise/disappoint me.) I also had trouble setting it, and felt it was sticky and not able to stay put for long. I alternated between Sephora's #55 Airbrush Foundation Brush and my beautyblender for application. I used a pressed powder AND a finishing powder! On a good note, I don't feel as though this was responsible for any breakouts (it didn't really hide them, either) and the bottle lasted me about 4-5 months with everyday use. I'm not sure if I would repurchase. Maybe I would keep it as an alternative option to a heavier coverage product.. but am not running out to repurchase. Overall, a very hyped product with little more than drug store results.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by billierosetyler

DISCLAIMER: I have only tried samples of this product; I did not purchase it.
Please disregard my rating for the packaging because I have only used it from a sample pot.

I tried samples of this product in 3 different shades (Pink Porcelain 110, Ivory 115 and Sand Sand 125). Ivory was the best match for my skin. I wore it for about one week.

PROS:
* Feels light on skin, not heavy or cakey.
* Reasonable price (would have cost me AUD $46.50 [plus shipping] with a pro MUA discount had I purchased it from Media Makeup Store).

CONS:
* Irritated my very sensitive skin, probably because it contains fragrance.
* "Cracked" over my nose - the finish was nice on the rest of my face, but that ruined it.
* I found it a bit too sheer for my liking (I like the NARS Sheer Glow level of coverage).
* Did not last very long because it didn't seem to set, even after applying powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

I mean, it's okay. It's just that you really have to be having a good skin day for it to look awesome. I don't think it's very full coverage, so your skin shows through.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product did not wow me at all. I received a generous sample from Seph. in #17. It was nothing special at all. It's a rather light foundation, as it did not cover all my imperfections that well (I have several, mostly uneven skin tone). It did not have a nice finish to it, did nothing to cover pores on my nose, and lasted maybe 6 hours in total. Would not recommend.