Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 5/3/2015 7:03:00 PM

I have give this product a few tries and I'm pretty disappoint with it. After a lot of youtubers recommending this foundation, and claiming it to be full coverage I hope it could cover up my blemishes and redness whilst looking natural. Unfortunately it doesn't look up to my expectation.

This foundation covers up redness pretty well but not as well for acne scars and blemishes. It looks rather cakey on my face, I've tried brushes, fingers and sponges and it still looks foundation sitting on my face. Since it claims that there isn't any SPF in it, I've worn in for my graduation dinner, but for some reason it does not photograph well under flash lights. Though this may be due to the setting powder that I've used.

The worst part of this foundation is it break me out. Every time after using this foundation there will be some huge acne and blemishes on my forehead and chin area, and this does not happen to me with other foundation like the RCMA and Cover FX.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is around a 3.5 for me. I wanted a foundation for special events where I would need something that was full coverage and photography friendly. Naturally, I chose this one as its claims matched my needs, and being oil-free, it seemed suitable for my oily skin.

This foundation's redeeming quality is that it looked gorgeous in photography. GORGEOUS. It provided full coverage, concealing blemishes and redness and made my skin look photo-shopped - radiant and flawless. Moreover, the shade 120 Soft Sand matches my skin perfectly.

Off-camera? Different story. This product did not live up to its claims of being "invisible"; it was in fact very cakey (I had to layer the foundation to achieve full coverage, causing this effect). It felt greasy on the skin despite being oil-free and hardly contained my oils for more than two hours. After 3-4 hours, it looked even worse as it had separated.

I'd recommend this product to someone with fairly normal skin, as I've heard that it clings to dry patches. I have not heard of the product separating on anyone else, so it's possible that my bottle was part of a bad batch or something.

on 5/2/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have been eyeing this foundation for years. I always heard great things about it and I know a lot of celebrity make up artists use this. I watched tons of YouTube videos of gurus who have never let me down raving about this stuff. So I finally caved in, and I am so disappointed. I first had the sephora SA apply this to my skin with a beauty blender, it clung to every dry patch, however, I attributed the dryness to the hourglass mineral veil primer she applied before the foundation. When I went home and applied it, it clung to my dry patches yet again with no primer underneath. It clung to dry patches I didn't even know I had. And I was VERY well moisturized prior to applying. This is the most disappointing foundation I have tried so far. If you have even slightly dry skin, invest your money into a different foundation

on 5/1/2015 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Last year at my sister's wedding the MA used this on my face.

Now at first I thought it was over-rated but when I looked at the pictures I decided I need to grab a bottle!

The foundation goes on smoothly and is one of the few that looks good in photos for me so it's a keeper.

Pros

- Bottle comes with a pump but I need one and half for proper coverage which I find to be odd.
- It's full coverage so most of the time I don't need a concealer with it.
- I have sensitive skin and this one is very gentle on it so big plus there.
- A subtle satin finish so perfect for that healthy yet expensive look (matte ages, stay with satin!)
- Cooler colours are pretty good, most have them too yellow and I end up needing to mix it to get the right shade for me but here I found the perfect tint for me.

Cons

- It's a bit expensive but the bottle is pretty big so you get your money's worth.
- You NEED a primer with this thing, it doesn't matter how good your skin is, no primer = no foundation after 2 hours. with a primer however it'll last for 8+ hours with me (I take it off after so I'm pretty sure it will last longer if I left it on) I always add a light powder on top of my liquid foundations so not sure if that helps it or not but this is the only one I own that really needs a primer.

on 4/29/2015 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to love it but it didn't satisfy my expectation. I have had and tried this for over 2 yrs, gave a fair chance but sadly didn't work out. It only looks good for 2-3 hours after putting this on. I need my foundation to look good and stay on my face for at least 10-12 hours. I'm a busy person and do not have time to touch up. It does look good for photography. My shade 127 mix with 153. They did not have one right shade for me. It's expensive to have to buy 2 shades.

on 4/23/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read a lot of positive feedbacks about this foundation before purchasing. However, I am extremely disappointed. It wears off pretty quickly and it doesn't apply smoothly. I don't know why so many people like this one. It just doesn't stand out at all to me and I hardly use it. Positive side it did not break me out. But I will not repurchase it again.

on 4/21/2015 5:06:00 PM

Color is perfect and I thought I could just blot throughout the day since my skin looks smooth and flawless with this foundation. But this is too Damn greasy looking. I wouldn't mind blotting every couple of hours,hell I wouldn't mind blotting every hour on the hour but it wears off my nose (without me touching it) almost immediately And it looks a greasy mess. Yes I tried setting powders, primers, etc in different combinations and nothing worked.

on 4/21/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this!

on 4/21/2015 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Sadly I had to return this product. The color range is amazing. They have a PERFECT match for my hard to match ultra light cool toned coloring. I was so excited. I tried this product for 10 days with every primer I had in my collection, and it wore off of my nose within 2-4 hours every single day. If this had more staying power, I would love it ForEver. This one should be called, Make Up For a couple of hours.

on 4/18/2015 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been trying this for the past two weeks and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. I'm still working with it. I'm using shade #123 and I'm usually an NC25-NC30 there was a blogger that posted swatches and yes when it's thick like that it does look medium/quite olive but when it's on it matches quite well.
I'm definitely olive but this particular shade doesn't have much yellow in it only an olive tone it seems. It still matches pretty good. I like to set it with a more yellow toned powder and it looks better.

The texture of this is nice. It's not super thick (I usually use studio fix fluid)
And it's not super thin compared to the mac Face and Body. I'd say this is fairly in between those but a little on the lighter side.
As for coverage I get medium coverage. I use a stippling brush and a stippling application and it looks great.
I love how it looks in pics even with my phones flash it looks great.

The one thing I HATE about this foundation is that it's HORRIBLE for oily skin. I've used this with HD powder, regular setting powder, even cornstarch and cornstarch usually keeps me matte
This stuff just KEPT making me look oily.
I use moisturizer and used a primer and this stuff still just doesn't want to stay decent on my T-Zone.
It's extremely obnoxious.
As for this making pores look smaller?
Not for me. I think the Studio Fix and Full Coverage as well as the Rice Powder from Sally's are the ONLY thing that make my pores look smaller.
And when I would blot, I noticed coverage would come off cause I could start seeing imperfections.

I'm going to make this foundation work cause I actually love how it matches and how it looks on cam after I powder.
I'm very determined to make this work! Haha I'll have to keep working with it

Update 4/21/15: So I'm not sure if this is because I'm oily or not but this #123 shade doesn't dry down to an olive shade that you first see. On me it turns peachy, even swatched on my arms.
I compared it to my mac foundations and it doesn't even look olive compared to them honestly. When applied it appears olive/kind of neutral at first then turns pinkish. Not too thrilled.
The pink tones are what I'm trying to avoid as the newer MAC foundations are too pinky/peachy now and I'm stuck only using 3 foundations from them

Update: 7/6/15
Okay, I've been using prescription retinoid gel and now my skin is not as oily but also dry in some areas and I love this foundation now!
I've been putting the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer on an letting it set for about 5 minutes.
Then I apply this foundation with a stippling brush and stipple it on on the outer area and buff in toward the center of my face and I don't get any creasing around my smile lines.
Despite 123 being an olive shade, it isn't olive enough. I have a yellow/olive coloring and not at all neutral. This foundation LOOKS olive compared to like 127 but on me it doesn't. It looks kind of slightly pinkish and not really olive or yellow so
I set it with a yellow powder and it looks decent
In pictures it's AMAZING. I took a pic with my cousins. One was wearing the L'oreal True Match and the other was wearing MAC Full Coverage.
The one wearing the full coverage had loads of flashback and the one wearing L'oreal had a little bit, I on the other hand had no flashback and my skin looked great!