April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I've actually had this foundation for months now. I purchased it around Christmas time, and have only used it 3-4 times. The product basically is what it says. It is very lightweight (can't feel it on), creamy, has a light coverage with a semi-matte to matte finish.

This foundation is probably the sheerest foundation I own. It is slightly buildable from sheer to a light-medium. It will not build to a true medium. Once it's built, it doesn't look thick or heavy. The redness from my cheeks as well as blemishes peek through. I find that this foundation oxidizes slightly (Gets darker), a couple of minutes after applied. When I'm tan, it's a great color match. When I'm not tan (currently), it makes me look a bit orange. The finish of this foundation is matte. If you have oily skin, or apply a moisturizer prior, you may have a semi-matte finish. I don't find this foundation to be long lasting, as it starts to fade almost right away. I don't really care for matte foundations, with the exception that they have great coverage (EL Double Wear for instance). This foundation is sheer AND matte.. making my skin look dull, with imperfections not covered. Each time I wore this foundation, I tried to like it.. but I just don't. It's not for me.

If you have pretty good skin and are looking for a foundation with light coverage that will even out your skintone and you prefer a matte finish, you may like this foundation. Or if you have oily skin and need little coverage. I do not recommend this for dry skin or for those who are looking for a good amount of coverage.

**Here's a swatch of #754 next to MAC SFF NC30 & NC40. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KaCdD5HWXbs/TZo4xFIbyrI/AAAAAAAABT0/N48HgWiZMnk/s1600/swatchessu.jpg. The color is actually very forgiving because it's sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by kougar

When i first applied this foundation I found the texture amazing - completely unnoticeable and blends in very well while giving excellent coverage at the same time. Its one of very few foundations that match my fair skin-tone. One thing to bear in mind though is that it needs a good primer or base underneath because it can become a bit pigmented throughout the day and moves a bit. I used it with the shu eumura UV base and it was perfect. If its a warm day I put primer on underneath too and set it with powder and then it stays well. It is also very expensive, it was a complete impulse buy for me - I was in a daring mood. Glad I made the splurge though...shu uemura products have proven their worth. The packaging is everything good in the world! Minimalist and japanese - doesn't get better than that - an all round elegant and sophisticated foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I got so lucky getting bottles of this in different colors for cheap. Now, though, I'm sad because no stores in the US carry Shu Uemura. That being said, if I had known, I would have paid full price for this if not for the fact that my HG foundation is only $15 (Boots No7 Lifting & Firming). The coverage is light to medium, but very buildable. I find that it is opaque enough to not completely cover, but certainly make much less noticeable, my worst blemish scars (I always have to use concealer for those, anyways, no matter what foundation I use). I have found color matches in the 700 and 900 series, which I never find in other foundation lines. I love that about Shu. My only option is to buy this online, but I should be good for a couple of years.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by bickpen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in shade 164 and my skin is fairly light NW/NC20. I find the shade numbering at Shu very confusing and I am not sure if this is my perfect shade but I apply it very sheerly and set it with Laura Mercier loose translucent setting powder. As someone with an oily skin I like the soft matte, light coverage and long wear of this foundation. As it does not have SPF I bought the SPF30 UV under- base mousse primer in Beige which dries matte. I also bought Shu's Instant glow radiance skin perfecting cream as a primer. The quality of all the products I have bought are excellent but expensive. (available in Canada at Holt Renfrew).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by w04hh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is an extremely natural looking, medium coverage foundation. It covers discolorations and pores, but not completely. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin. I don't use this everyday, so I can't judge its long term effect on my skin. I am a NC20-25, somewhat neutral undertone and I bought 564. It blends well into my skin when I first applied it. However as the day goes on, it oxidizes horribly on my skin. It turns 1-2 shade darker and more orange by the end of the day. I've tried using 2 different primers, and setting it with 3 different powders, all to no avail. It's a shame that this foundation oxidizes on me, or else it would be my favorite liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by lovejess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for 2 years now, definitely a HG - don't plan to change brands at all!

Before my bestie recommended this (her mum was using this, she was using the creme foundation also from shu), i was switching brands looking for the right foundation... and this ended the search :)

The texture is light, but mind you, it does cover up pretty well minor imperfections such as little pores and blemishes. Leaves a nice even skin tone without looking too matte or dewy.

Packaging wise, it is as minimalist as the Japanese... Nothing luxurious-looking, no gold finishes, but it is practical and the pump allows good control. And when it's almost finished, you could unscrew the cap and to dig out the remaining when there's not enough liquid to use the pump.

Only con is that it tends to get a little oxidated at the end of the bottle... making me look extremely yellow. This is easily overcome by mixing the old foundation with foundation from a fresh bottle.

I suggest using this with Shu's UV base (I'm using the pink shade). These two paired together, and you have flawless, oil-free skin for at least 6 - 8 hours for combination skin! Amazing. And I don't even dust on loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mayyami

Awesome foundation!
    It gives a very natural finish whilst hiding redness & smoothing out my complexion. The colour I have is a very good match to my skin tone too. The foundation also has a very lovely subtle flowery smell that quickly disappears when you put it on (this is a nice touch). The liquid itself is very light, airy and easy to blend. Need only use a little to cover the whole face.
    The bottle pump is very easy to control so you don't have the problem of pumping out too much or too little. I found that the price was fairly reasonable too in Aus (surprising), especially for the quality & quantity.
    However, i do not use this every day since it doesn't have SPF & i prefer & feel more protected when using SPF products in the climate I live in. I use this if I were to go out in the evenings or special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this foundation...it easily smooths on and it really looks like skin. It also matches my PPP complexion and it didn't break me out.

Will be buying my second bottle today.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by tophuong

Firstly I got matched with the wrong colour but I didn't enjoy the texture of this, its slightly sticky on me and makes me look very shiny (I have normal skin). It covers well and with powder can look somewhat natural. As it wasn't the correct colour match I had gone back to get a new shade and had one side of my face with my current clinique foundation and the other with this, with shade 574 I think.

Anyway, I went off to work and got to compare it side by side, I felt it made my face progressively greasy and I was shining really obviously by lunch. I don't enjoy the feel of it on my skin at all. I'm going to return it. Also at the end of the day I washed it off, and its a big struggle. It's oil based and I double cream cleansed and used wipes and followed with a gentle face wash, and I was still concerned it hadn't come off completely! I accidentally squirted some on my hands and its very hard to wash off and ended up getting all over on sink! Anyway, the next day I noticed that I'd broken out in tiny red spots on my chin and cheeks, somewhere I never break out. It's also only on the side on which I had this on...so so brainer there. I think oil based foundations are not for me and this could cause slower clogging in some, so beware.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ctyemily

I'm just going use bullet points for reviews, since.. i just want to get the message across:

pros:
    - VERY thin and VERY natural finish
    - decent price (rather cheap actually)
    - you need very little to coverage your whole face
    - photographs well, because it does NOT have spf, so it's true to color even in flash photography

I won't repurchase because:
    - VERY sheer coverage, can't even cover the slight bit of redness <- although buildable coverage, it can become thick and cakey
    - settles into fine lines very easily (i'm just 19, so obviously i don't have fine lines or wrinkles yet, but everytime i smile, the foundation just settles into my smile lines!)
    - you cannot have dry skin to use this, even if you're just very little dry (you don't even need to be flaky or anything), it will look a bit cakey and it settles into your dry areas very easily (same concept as the settling in fine line)