September 14, 2014 | 2133 users online

Scrubs - Skinfood - Black Sugar Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Used this when I was staying at my best friends house in Korea...she had a tub in her bathroom hehe. Personally I found it too harsh and didn't really notice that my skin looked any more radiant or revived like it usually does when I use scrubs. The scent was pretty nice though. I wouldn't buy this myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by blueberry17

Currently on my third tub of black sugar mask. This facial scrub works great for me, the beads are coarse enough but not that rough on the skin, just scrub gently on a wet face. Gentle scrubs does nothing for me so I am happy with the texture of this. It removes dead skin cells really well and leaves my face very soft after using it. Does not cause any breakouts. Contains rich minerals and vitamin to provide luster and smoothness to skin. I use it twice or thrice a week and a tub lasted me about a year.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ichigo_no_powder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this masks smells really good but I found it to be terribly average. I didn't see any improvements with my skin, it's just a ordinary scrub. I can find much cheaper alternatives, will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by iLoveU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is really an awesome mask.. so cheapppp..i will repurchase again... greatt

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This mask is wonderful for morning use. I know most mask instruct to use at night but i feel that this helps set my makeup for some reason. Also, I notice Skinfood doesn't post ingredients(in English) but the smell of it smells EXACTLY like this brand of lemon black soap that's sold and exported from Africa. I loved that soap but my Aunt bought it for me years ago and i forgot the name of it. If they're incorporating black soap in this product that would explain the good results from the mask.

UPDATE: It's like "Getrade Village Fresh Black Soap" from Ghana. that's the soap i was thinking of

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:59:00 AM More reviews by happygirl206

This product is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
you can use it either as a mask wash off or a exfoliator.
it smells great, make sure you dont RUB the product in, gently massage with it.
it has a nice moisturizing effect, and it feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good when i am massaging with it, it feels like all the dirt, and makeup is being rubbed, and cleansed off.
afterwards you use it, your skin feels clean, glowy, moisturized, and fresh
A THUMBS UP!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by lewheir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I was totally surprised with this product! I bought it on a whim because I heard it was popular here in korea. I sort of figured it for a gimicky product, but I used it last night after cleansing and my skin was glowing, soft and radiant. I don't leave it on like a mask, but use it on my wet face as a scrub to exfoliate.

Down sides: a little expensive (7,000 won for a small jar), and I don't like the packaging at all. It's a small plastic jar that you dip your fingers into and scoop out the product. Because it's sugar, it begins to disolve with water, and if your hands are wet then it causes the product to start to disolve. I'd much rather have a squeeze tube, but then again, the scrub is so thick that might not work very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by NatureLover0685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm a huge fan of Skinfood and have been using it as a scrub. I have combination skin, so my t-zone is especially oily, and this is the face area where I'd use the mask on. The texture feels pretty harsh, but it's a very effective exfoliating scrub. I'd use it on my t-zone twice a week, and on my cheeks, chin and neck once a week.

Overall, this is a great product, both as a scrub and a mask (whichever you prefer). Plus, it's 100mL, so it lasts for quite awhile. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Bybs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Black Sugar Mask was the first item that I purchased from Skin Food and it remains on heavy rotation to this day. It comes packaged in a small screw top tub and contains 100g worth of product. Skin Food describe the Black Sugar Mask as being rich in minerals & vitamins to provide luster and smoothness to skin. The scrub is brown in color and is jam packed with sugar granules suspended in a slightly oily base. The product is strongly scented but I have never been able to put my finger on the specific scent, it smells slightly citrusy. The directions state that after cleansing, gently massage over wet face. Avoid eye area. Rinse off. As the scrub is sugar based I like to ensure that my face is only slightly damp and I apply the product with dry hands to avoid the sugar dissolving immediately. However, I do mix the scrub with a tiny bit on water before applying to avoid it being too harsh on my skin. The first time I used this product I was worried about breakouts as it leaves behind a slightly oily feeling once the sugar granules have dissolved. However, the scrub rinses completely clean with absolutely no oily residue left behind. Leaves skin soft and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by smilette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd say this is the best scrub I have used, and I'v used 2 tubs of it. I have sensitive skin, also acne-prone, so any harsh scrub will immediately give me little pimples or redness. And the "gentle" scrubs usually do nothing for me. This scrub is just right, a good balance of scrubbing power and moisture. It doesn't dry out my skin, just make it really smooth, and a bit brighter than before as well.
It's also really cheap, considering the tub lasts you a really long time since you only use about a teaspoonful of the product each time. Will buy again!