September 2, 2014 | 1454 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jmerritt0822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the WORST shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. It made my hair dull and brittle. My hair was so dry that it was difficult to brush because my hair would break and tangle. I used it for two weeks, and threw it out. Never again.

(I have very thin, oily hair. So, maybe it's just not for my hair type)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this shampoo with a few others from the Organix line and this one was horrible with my oily hair. It did not lather well, it left residue, and my hair felt like I had coated it in hairspray (I do not use any products in my hair). I did finish 3/4 of the bottle because for the price I couldn't justify throwing it out. My husband used the rest and it worked well for him.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by adara260

Bought this product during a BOGO Free sale at Walgreens awhile back. Im interested by their sulfate free, natural philosophy.

The tea tree is their hydrating formula. I would say that I love the smell and the lathering capabilities of the formula. At first it was difficult to get a lather going and I would have to shampoo twice but now the trick is to rub and emulsify the product in your hands before you apply to your hair.

The shampoo I feel moisturizes as much as a shampoo can get. It's not super moist but I've never found any shampoo to really do that. It doesn't overly dry out my hair and preps it well for conditioner and styling.

I don't mind the bottles too much. I adore their use of disposable inks for their writing. After a couple of uses you might notice some of the writing on your bottle is gone but hey that is a plus for the environment!!!! Yays!

Overall I would recommend his product to how interested in sulfate free products! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

at first I liked this shampoo but it has turned my hair to straw

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know if I'm allergic to tea tree oil? or what but this made my scalp FLAKE soo bad in a weird dry way... had to return to store.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by mommyholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cant understand the Low rating. I love this stuff. Ive used hundreds(literally) of different brands both high and low end, Salon brands and Drug Store too. I have very weird hair,I get build up very fast, acne on my scalp(gross I know) and super oily no matter what I do. I was reading an article about how shampoo can contribute to acne. I was suprised and never thought about it. So I switched to organix because it is free of parabans and sulfates. Within a week, my face was better then it had been since before I was a teen. Not perfect of course. But no more severe, painful cyctic acne, no more clogged pores on my forehead. It was amazing. But thats only the half of it. I havnt had any build up, no more acne or sores on my scalp and my hair is so much healthier. It pains me to think that I could have avoided years of frustration just by switching to a less harsh shampoo. Im not a natural snob either by anymeans, But if your having trouble with the same things, I recommend you give this a try. Oh and also, my hair stopped falling out in huge clumps too. I barely loose a strand or two now!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I second everything positive that all the other reviewers have mentioned: smells fantastic, sulfate free yet lathers nicely, thicker consistency than other sulfate free brands, etc etc. My main reason for loving this product is the TEA TREE OIL. I have a super sensitive scalp (flaky, sometimes acne too, gross!), and skin on my neck/shoulders/chest that breaks out like CRAZY from most other shampoos. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic that is recommended for clearing up problems like mine with the scalp and skin, but for me, it's far too harsh to try on it's own. Having the tea tree oil IN this shampoo (& conditioner for that matter) is PERFECT. It makes my hair a little fluffier than I'd otherwise prefer, but that can be easily remedied with a little styling and I'll gladly add an extra 5 minutes to my hair routine for the peace of mind of having CLEAR SKIN! love love love it.
Also, I dye my hair dark/auburn red and I haven't noticed ANY fading. (Though, in truth, I only shampoo once-ish a week for 2 weeks after I dye & in that span I use a salon brand color care line for reds. After that though, this line doesn't cause any fading. Great!)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this product today while at Wal-mart, since I had gone there for the Organix Anti Breakage Brazilian Keratin Therapy serum. I had returned the shampoo from that line because it had lightened my hair a bit [but it's still a good shampoo!], & since I'm doing the Brazilian Therapy Treatment in a few weeks, plus I just needed a new sulfate free shampoo overall, I decided to buy this one. I've tried the Coconut version from this line but since my hair is a bit protein sensitive, & my hair is dry, i needed something more moisturizing. My scalp also gets a bit itchy, & i know teatree oil is supposed to be great for helping that.

I've had a lot of experience with sulfate free shampoos, since my colored hair needs no salts. Besides, they dry out my already dry hair, which is no good. [Sulfates really aren't even needed for cleaning; they're just cheaper, & more available, thus major companies put them in every shampoo. We just all assume we need them due to the fact they've been around for so long]. I know they don't foam up as much but that doesn't mean that they don't clean. This one did actually did foam more than I expected. The consistency was gel-like, as some had said, so mine was thicker as opposed to the runny version some had. I've had runny shampoos before as well though so I know that's somewhat typical of the s-free ones I guess.

After I rinsed, it did not tangle that much, just a wee bit, but the ends of my hair also did not feel stripped at all. I actually was deep conditioning today so I just towel dried & stepped out, & touched my hair when it was semi dry. it was not dry whatsoever. I guess it just depends on hair & scalp type, since though this line gets a bad rep, it has never done me wrong thus far. My hair is dry now & in conjunction with the Anti break serum from the Brazilian Keratin Therapy line [which made my hair SUPER smooth, even for me], my hair feels & looks wonderful. Since this is only the first time I have used it I gave it a 4, which I will update when I've used it a few more times. I usually CO-Wash, so I only use shampoo maybe once a week, or once every 2 weeks. Probably more now that spring is almost on us & it gets hot here.
The packaging is fine, I've never had an issue with it. The price was reasonable, $6 ish at Wal-mart, which isn't too bad. That's around the price for the other ones in different brands anyway.

So far so good :) I like this shampoo a lot, & I don't think it's really getting the proper love it deserves. Not everything works for everyone I guess. Doesn't hurt to try though! Your scalp will love you for sulfate free :)

[edit]: Well, I will return this to Walmart, because my hair needs more moisturization than this can give. It's probably not the fault of the shampoo but just my hair & it's high maintenance :P I actually had better luck with the Nature's Gate SLS-free shampoo, so that's something I'll probably stick with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I was looking for a Sulfate free shampoo that wouldnt break the bank and this was affordable and smelled really good. I find that some products claim to be Sulfate free when they do infact contain sulfates. I think cosmetic co's decided that Sodium Laureth Sulfate free is the same as Sulfate free, and they could substitute any other sulfate they wanted, like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.

Shame! Shame on them!! I call that false advertising.

This shampoo contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, looks very similar but acts VERY different. It is plant derived and much gentler on hair and skin. I find it cleans just as well without stripping my hair of all its moisture. It is true that this shampoo dosent lather like Sulfate packed ones, but lather alone does not clean your hair.

I can not tell you how much I adore the smell. It reminds me of chocolate and mint. I know it says tea tree and mint, but tea tree oil smells a bit like chocolate to me.

I get the best results when I add this to very WET hair. Otherwise it's harder to spread out over my head. I also only wash the top 1/2 of my hair. My ends dont need to be scrubbed and when I rinse they get washed anyways.

This shampoo/conditioner leaves my hair squeeky clean and full of body. The scent lasts a few hours but fades quickly. I dont want to smell like shampoo all day but a little lingering scent is ok by me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by meeshmallow

I bought this because it was SLS-free and thought it would be gentler on my coloured hair, and I loved it at first. It foamed up fairly well (considering what I heard about other sulfate-free shampoos) and thought it made my hair nice and soft... for the first few shampoos. After maybe a week I started to notice my roots becoming more and more oily (I thought it might have been the product in my hair at the time). Eventually I had to stop using it because now all I'm concerned about is how I'm going to wash out all the oil buildup. I don't think I will be using this kind of shampoo again. I suppose if you don't have oily hair this would be a good choice, and it does smell great.