L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Soap

on 12/3/2004 11:57:00 PM

Oh these are nice. I have it in "Milk". Came wrapped in simple paper packaging, small sized. Very, very creamy. No perfumes that I can detect, just clean smelling bar loaded with moisturizing cream.

on 10/9/2004 10:23:00 PM

I LOVE the scent of this soap. Im definatly addicted. The shea butter with cold cream in it for dry skin works a little better in the winter months.

on 9/16/2004 2:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Love these bar soaps. They're not drying for me and the lather is so rich. Also, since they're triple-milled, one small bar lasts forever. IMO, however, they might as well just sell these in one scent b/c I can't really detect much of a difference in smell once they foam up (I've tried Verbena, Milk, and Lavender). This can be a nice departure from overly fragranced soaps and body washes, though. Will continue to purchase.

on 8/14/2004 6:53:00 PM

Tried this in the milk scent. It smelled nice and lathered well, but gave me the worst dry skin I've ever had. I tried all sorts of lotions, thinking "it can't be the soap because it's loaded with shea butter". Well, as soon as I went back to Dove, the dryness vanished. Sadly, had to throw the rest of the bar out.

on 6/12/2004 3:46:00 PM

These are the soaps I keep running back to. I am normally a fan of cold-processed handmade soaps, but I also use occasional bodywashes and other soaps as well.

These are triple milled soaps I believe, and they are the creamiest soaps I have found. They last much longer than most cold-processed soaps, are moisturizing, and are the only soaps I have found that actually leave my skin feeling much smoother.

I have tried both the Milk and Bourbon Vanilla scents. I much prefer the Milk and will probably only but it from now on. It is a fresh, clean, milky scent that is to die for. The Vanilla Bourbon I detected hardly any scent from at all, much less any vanilla. The price is not cheap, but considering how well they last, they are indeed worth the expense.

As for some reviewers who have mentioned that these soaps are too drying, I can only assume these reviewers are accustomed to bodywashes that do not rinse off properly and leave a film on the body. True soaps are not designed to do this and will rinse clean. What makes these shea soaps exceptional is that they actually do have moisturizing properties in comparison to most other true soaps. I think some people are mistaking "slime" for moisture, and should perhaps stick to those bodywashes since they are more comfortable with that.

If you are new to L'Occitane's products, you cannot go wrong with a bar of this soap and their Shea Hand Creme.

on 5/4/2004 4:52:00 AM

Nice smell and very hydrating, but it looks dismal by the time you're half way throught the bar. It's very pleasurable but a bit expensive considering how little it lasts. I will not buy again, I prefer any drugstore pure glycerin soap now.

on 2/25/2004 2:38:00 AM

i love l'occitane soaps there the best. i think that this soap moisturizes well and doesnt break me out like alot of soaps do. i also like that it doesnt have a overpowering scent. i think it smells really good. it makes my skin so silky that i dont need to apply lotion after. the only thing i dont like is the price but its such a good product that its worth it though

on 2/24/2004 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love the milk soap. My skin gets very dry from cheap soaps. This one is perfect! Lathers so well and smells so nice. Will buy again.

I love these and have them in so many scents. my fav is the milk coz I can use it with any body lotion afterwards, chestnut a very close second and vanilla bourbon. the last two have the strongest scent I think along with ylang ylang (head clearing floral) and verbena. others have just a hint of scent like lavender and cinnamon orange, its a very creamy lather and great for sensitive skin, I always stock these up and panic when I run out

on 12/21/2003 2:21:00 PM

I'm a soap junkie! Like other reviewers have said, once you use a "high-end" soap it's really hard to go back to the drugstore brands. I love the shape and size of this soap - it just feels nice in the hand. The scents are very nice, too - refreshing and light, not perfume-y. However, I found this soap to be too drying to my skin. Too bad - I really liked everything else about this product, but will not purchase again.