November 26, 2014 | 1786 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2004 3:46:00 PM More reviews by KomodoKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are the soaps I keep running back to. I am normally a fan of cold-processed handmade soaps, but I also use occasional bodywashes and other soaps as well.

These are triple milled soaps I believe, and they are the creamiest soaps I have found. They last much longer than most cold-processed soaps, are moisturizing, and are the only soaps I have found that actually leave my skin feeling much smoother.

I have tried both the Milk and Bourbon Vanilla scents. I much prefer the Milk and will probably only but it from now on. It is a fresh, clean, milky scent that is to die for. The Vanilla Bourbon I detected hardly any scent from at all, much less any vanilla. The price is not cheap, but considering how well they last, they are indeed worth the expense.

As for some reviewers who have mentioned that these soaps are too drying, I can only assume these reviewers are accustomed to bodywashes that do not rinse off properly and leave a film on the body. True soaps are not designed to do this and will rinse clean. What makes these shea soaps exceptional is that they actually do have moisturizing properties in comparison to most other true soaps. I think some people are mistaking "slime" for moisture, and should perhaps stick to those bodywashes since they are more comfortable with that.

If you are new to L'Occitane's products, you cannot go wrong with a bar of this soap and their Shea Hand Creme.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2004 4:52:00 AM More reviews by maruja

Nice smell and very hydrating, but it looks dismal by the time you're half way throught the bar. It's very pleasurable but a bit expensive considering how little it lasts. I will not buy again, I prefer any drugstore pure glycerin soap now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 2:38:00 AM More reviews by spajunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love l'occitane soaps there the best. i think that this soap moisturizes well and doesnt break me out like alot of soaps do. i also like that it doesnt have a overpowering scent. i think it smells really good. it makes my skin so silky that i dont need to apply lotion after. the only thing i dont like is the price but its such a good product that its worth it though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 10:20:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the milk soap. My skin gets very dry from cheap soaps. This one is perfect! Lathers so well and smells so nice. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 9:06:00 AM More reviews by essentialoil56

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these and have them in so many scents. my fav is the milk coz I can use it with any body lotion afterwards, chestnut a very close second and vanilla bourbon. the last two have the strongest scent I think along with ylang ylang (head clearing floral) and verbena. others have just a hint of scent like lavender and cinnamon orange, its a very creamy lather and great for sensitive skin, I always stock these up and panic when I run out

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2003 2:21:00 PM More reviews by katmacc

I'm a soap junkie! Like other reviewers have said, once you use a "high-end" soap it's really hard to go back to the drugstore brands. I love the shape and size of this soap - it just feels nice in the hand. The scents are very nice, too - refreshing and light, not perfume-y. However, I found this soap to be too drying to my skin. Too bad - I really liked everything else about this product, but will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2003 2:16:00 PM More reviews by IcyMimosa

For someone with sensitive or dry skin, this is the BEST soap, ever!
This is the only soap my bf can use. I am a soap freak and loves experimenting with different kind of high end soaps, french soaps, handmade soaps. L'occitane soap is the only one that doesn't make my bf's back break out into complete disaster! personally I sometimes prefer shower cream since they are more moiturizing, but this soap is just as moiturizing if not more, and leathers very well too. I cannot rave enough about this soap ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2003 3:42:00 AM More reviews by teabox

GREAT SOAP. CLEANS SUPER WELL. Dense and highly concentrated, like their other soaps. Not one of those lotion soaps (Dove, Caress, etc) that melts in the shower stall and leaves icky slicky after feel. Lotion is for after shower not DURING shower.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2003 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

What a disappointment! This soap was very average - average scent, average lather, average feel. I don't get all the raves. Honestly, my Dove bar for sensitive skin beats this one in all of the above, so I'm just glad that I got it as a present to try out instead of buying it myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Misialicious

I bought the soap b/c of all the reviews here. I didn't really like them that much. The scent was nice and all that, but I found it to be drying for my skin. After I would get out of the shower my skin would feel all tight and I would need to immediately moisturize.