September 2, 2014 | 1905 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by avongkhamsay

This is a great brush, especially considering the price. I haven't really tried any other flat tops like it, so I can't say this is any better or worse than the high end brush lines, but I'm happy with it. I use it to apply my liquid foundation regularly and have used it to apply tinted moisterizer and homemade facials. I go back and forth between this brush and my Lancome foundation brush and I like them both for foundation. I feel as though this brush may use more product than the traditional foundation brush and it takes a little more work to stipple the product on but it gives a nice airbrush look. I've never tried it with powder because it seems as though the brush would be too dense. It sheds a little (I've owned it for a few months) where as my Lancome foundation brush and other higher end brushes do not. I'm no make-up brush pro by any means, but I have other brushes from Lancome (as I already mentioned), MAC, Too Faced, and Sephora and I think this Sonia Kashuk is comparable in quality and an absolutely winner on price. Target has coupons for Sonia Kashuk ever few months or so another bonus. And it comes in a nice plastic case which I love when traveling with it. Overall, very happy and will probably buy another Sonia Kashuk pro brush in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Dragonlady76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the large Sonia Kashuk Tools synthetic kabuki flat top brush.
I absolutely love this brush and cannot imagine putting on my foundation with anything else.
I do own a paddle foundation brush and it streaks both liquid and tinted moisturizer on my face which drives me nuts.
I purchased this brush due to the glowing feedback on the smaller multipurpose brush, I had no idea that a larger version was available so when I saw it I immediately choose it over the smaller on.
The brush $17.99 vs $15.79 for the smaller one.
The quality is on par with higher end brushes so you cannot go wrong for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has totally changed the game of foundation for me. You just buff, buff, buff for about 30 seconds (probably half the time I used to spend using a flat paddle brush trying to get an even finish) and you've got a celebrity-status airbrushed face :). This cost me 12.99 in a cute travel set that came with the flat synthetic brush on a shorter handle (which I may prefer over the regular size?), an awesome little lip lining brush, and 2 shadow brushes. Makeup primer -29.00. Foundation -32.00. Perfectly applied foundation -priceless ;) lol

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by PMKarabel

My acne scars are fading but still somewhat visible. I absolutely HATE the traditional "paddle foundation brush." It doesn't blend your foundation! Leaves you with lines... it's just awful. I thought I had no choice until I watched a YouTube guru saying this is the best foundation brush she's ever used and she can afford MAC and all that (I'm a drugstore diva). Bought it, tried it, can't live without it. It's also great for blending concealer. It can be washed often and it never loses shape, I've had it for a year. I also bought a second one to blend all powder, bronzer and blush together and not make it look cakey. You won't regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by neeshaluvsmakeup212

This product is heaven. Absolute complete heaven. I have the worst red and irritated, sensitive acne scars, and this product covers every spec of my skin flawalessly. my face looks airbrushed and i literally look like Kim Kardashian whenever i use this brush. I just really hope it doesn't get discontinued...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MakeMinahUp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Price: $17
Coverage: Full
Application: Blend Well...VERY DENSE BRUSH. Best For Mouse & Liquid Foundation
Upkeep: Wash With Shampoo In Cool/Cold Water Every 1-2 Weeks

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Homiekfizzle

I am in love!!! This is by far the best brush I own. I use it for my liquid/creme foundations and it blends beautifully. I wash it at least every 3 or 4 days and it has never shed or lost its shape (I've had it for a good 3 months now). All my other brushes are from elf because I refuse to spend a lot of money on brushes but this is so worth the $15. I will buy and buy and buy as long as they continue to make this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by patina11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is AMAZING. It is so dense and the bristles are SO soft. I've used to put on my liquid foundation over a year and have washed it multiple times. It never has shed and it still as soft as the day I bought it. Amazing brush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rudizzlekizzle

I love this brush! I've used it for all kinds of foundations: cream, liquid & powder. They have all applied flawlessly. The brush itself is incredibly soft and has a weird grip that works well. I still keep it in the little case it came in & it helps to not get it all dirty and whatnot. Kinda gross, but I've gone without washing this brush for about a month and it was fine. It did not break me out or get crusty or hard. I do wash it every other use now. I've had it for about 10 months now & it's still going strong. Will definitely repurchase. It's a brush that is a steal, amazing quality for only $15.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Missapoo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was in love with this when i bought it. I have now owned it for around a yr and a half and its just a so so brush to me. I really wanted to use this for liquid foundation.
PROS:
brush size
quality
price

CONS
bristles too long
too dense

the brush is almost too dense, so when you are smoothing on your foundation it tends to pull the already dry foundation and make your face look patchy. then i find myself reapplying and i look cakey. also, the bristles are just a bit too long and so bc it is so dense and has longer bristles, when i swirl it on my face it doesnt move and this contributes to the pulling as well.
overall, i use it when i dont have my mini flat top from eco tools which i love and wish they made a full size.