Physicians Formula Organic Wear Pressed Powder

2.9

INGREDIENT LIST #1: MICA, JOJOBA SEED OIL*, CORN STARCH*, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM CARBONATE, OLIVE FRUIT OIL*, GLYCERIN, SOYBEAN OIL*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, SODIUM LEVULINATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT). INGREDIENT LIST #2: MICA, CORN STARCH *, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, KAOLIN, OLIVE FRUIT OIL *, JOJOBA SEED OIL *, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GRAPE SEED OIL *, SOYABEAN OIL *, RICE HULL POWDER , BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT)

on 1/18/2010 10:57:00 PM

This product has a very strong smell as soon as you open the lid. I'm very sensitive to smells & I hated it so I stopped using after two times or so. However, I have an acne-prone skin, major acne scars, rosacea, and extreme dryness.. and this powder didn't break out at all. I originally bought the product because of the 'orgainic' advertisement on the packaging which caught my eye. The price wasn't a big deal for me, not too cheap, not too expensive. Packaging is cute, and like the idea that it blends in with the whole concept of 'organic', but it teared up a little for me pretty quick.

Going back to the smell.. I sort of got used to it after going back to using this product again because it's the only powder that wouldn't break me out. Usually I would just spray facial mist (with little scent) over my face after I apply the powder on to reduce the smell of the powder.

I'd buy this product again because the coverage is actually pretty good. I use it after I apply little bit of bare escentuals & my I can see my face looking very natural and flawless.. covering up most of the acne scars and such.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Okay, I have to say this! (I don't mean to be rude, either.)

But: if I am not slathering chemicals all over my face, then I can deal with the small inconveniences of this powder. I'm sorry, but when I go into Sephora and read some of the ingredients in most of the higher end, supposedly "better" for you pressed powders, I cringe. Organic Wear offers me what I am comfortable with: an entirely safe, natural pressed powder with few bells and whistles. I use it in Translucent Fair, and I find that it provides a bit of a luminous effect while setting my concealer. (I don't wear foundation.) My skin also seems to have benefited from the ingredients, as it is calmer than it was before I began using Organic Wear.

Yes, the packaging needs some work and the brush sucks. However, for the price and the environmentally friendly, not to mention bio-friendly aspects, I am totally satisfied and will continue to repurchase as long as they make it.

I have noticed no odor other than a slight olive-oil one, but that would make sense, as it is in the powder.

on 12/5/2009 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am really surprised at some of the harsh reviews for this product. I use the translucent light and find that it covers better than many of the more expensive powders, doesn't cake up - and most importantly, I don't break out from it like I do other powders. I haven't noticed an offensive smell from this powder either. The case takes some getting use to, but that is a small trade off if the product is good. I would repurchase again.

on 11/29/2009 7:35:00 PM

I keep going back and forth on this product. The packaging is absurd--putting the mirror underneath the powder, where you can't see it? WHY? Also, it has that strange smell that seems to be part of the entire organic line. However, there are some pros as well:
The coverage is pretty decent. It doesn't mattify for all that long, so you'd need to take it along for touch ups.
The color looked pretty natural (I used translucent light).
The ingredients list is great. I like the formula a lot and appreciate that there is no bismuth, which I now know makes my face itchy and irritated.
All in all, I would repurchase...but only with a major coupon.

on 11/1/2009 4:45:00 PM

I really hated this product from the packaging to the formula itself. The cardboard compact was horrible and the lid broke/tore off within 1 week of usage. The formula is horribly cakey and worst of all it broke me out in one of the worst breakouts I have had in a while. I would give this no stars if I could...

on 8/25/2009 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Poor color selection. Hello? Women of color wear makeup too! We like to look pretty.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love the look of this. It comes with a mirror and a brush even though I don't use it. I hate the product. It smells SO bad. It's also very lighter then it may appear. It made me break out but maybe because I have an allergic reaction to it. It was horrible. I hate this. I would never ever repurchase this item ever again.

on 8/2/2009 1:57:00 PM

I agree with other posters the color you get is lighter than you think. I like the concept of this product, but I can't say it works for me. I don't wear powder ordinarily, but I have used better. Maybe a darker shade would work. Since I like this line of product, I will buy again in a darker shade.
I like the packaging. It's cute.

on 6/20/2009 11:07:00 PM

HORRIBLE PIECE OF CRAP. Didn't blend well. Their shades are off; they come of way lighter than shown on the casing. Terrible smell, also.

on 6/20/2009 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This worked as an average powder...

PROS: Natural ingredients, applied fairly smoothly, did not make my skin too oily at all

CONS: Did not last very long with very much coverage, poor color selection for tan skin tones (I am an NC 42), and odd/musty smell

3 lippies but would NOT repurchase