Physicians Formula Organic Wear Pressed Powder

2.9

INGREDIENT LIST #1: MICA, JOJOBA SEED OIL*, CORN STARCH*, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM CARBONATE, OLIVE FRUIT OIL*, GLYCERIN, SOYBEAN OIL*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, SODIUM LEVULINATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT). INGREDIENT LIST #2: MICA, CORN STARCH *, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, KAOLIN, OLIVE FRUIT OIL *, JOJOBA SEED OIL *, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GRAPE SEED OIL *, SOYABEAN OIL *, RICE HULL POWDER , BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT)

on 11/29/2009 7:35:00 PM

I keep going back and forth on this product. The packaging is absurd--putting the mirror underneath the powder, where you can't see it? WHY? Also, it has that strange smell that seems to be part of the entire organic line. However, there are some pros as well:
The coverage is pretty decent. It doesn't mattify for all that long, so you'd need to take it along for touch ups.
The color looked pretty natural (I used translucent light).
The ingredients list is great. I like the formula a lot and appreciate that there is no bismuth, which I now know makes my face itchy and irritated.
All in all, I would repurchase...but only with a major coupon.

on 11/1/2009 4:45:00 PM

I really hated this product from the packaging to the formula itself. The cardboard compact was horrible and the lid broke/tore off within 1 week of usage. The formula is horribly cakey and worst of all it broke me out in one of the worst breakouts I have had in a while. I would give this no stars if I could...

on 8/25/2009 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Poor color selection. Hello? Women of color wear makeup too! We like to look pretty.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love the look of this. It comes with a mirror and a brush even though I don't use it. I hate the product. It smells SO bad. It's also very lighter then it may appear. It made me break out but maybe because I have an allergic reaction to it. It was horrible. I hate this. I would never ever repurchase this item ever again.

on 8/2/2009 1:57:00 PM

I agree with other posters the color you get is lighter than you think. I like the concept of this product, but I can't say it works for me. I don't wear powder ordinarily, but I have used better. Maybe a darker shade would work. Since I like this line of product, I will buy again in a darker shade.
I like the packaging. It's cute.

on 6/20/2009 11:07:00 PM

HORRIBLE PIECE OF CRAP. Didn't blend well. Their shades are off; they come of way lighter than shown on the casing. Terrible smell, also.

on 6/20/2009 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This worked as an average powder...

PROS: Natural ingredients, applied fairly smoothly, did not make my skin too oily at all

CONS: Did not last very long with very much coverage, poor color selection for tan skin tones (I am an NC 42), and odd/musty smell

3 lippies but would NOT repurchase

on 6/20/2009 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a piece of $#%%^$#!!!!!

on 6/20/2009 9:28:00 PM

This was a complete waste of money. As other reviewers have mentioned, it does not have coverage, which would be OK if it were mattifying. However, it does not have any mattifying properties, probably partly because it is not very finely milled, but feels rather coarse. I think everyone is more enchanted by the organic marketing and the cute packaging than the product itself. I tried this quite awhile ago and ended up letting my five-year-old daughter have it for play time because she wanted "makeup to get fancy" and it works great -- she loves dabbing the little brush on her cheeks and clicking the magnetic closure and I don't have to worry because it's talc-free and when she dabs it on her cheeks, absolutely nothing shows up! I have been using L'Oreal bare naturale soft-focus mineral finish, which is also talc-free (but only the mineral finish from this line is) and while it doesn't offer color or coverage, it is mattifying and has a natural finish.

on 6/20/2009 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

HG powder! I love love love this!! I've tried a lot of different powders and this by far is the best! This is even better than like MAC, because it doesn't clog your pores and it doesn't cake up. It absorbs all of the oil on your face and it looks very natural. It doesn't feel too heavy or anything and it has really good ingredients (: