October 21, 2014 | 1485 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by mbwest

I really hated this product from the packaging to the formula itself. The cardboard compact was horrible and the lid broke/tore off within 1 week of usage. The formula is horribly cakey and worst of all it broke me out in one of the worst breakouts I have had in a while. I would give this no stars if I could...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Poor color selection. Hello? Women of color wear makeup too! We like to look pretty.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by cindychinchin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the look of this. It comes with a mirror and a brush even though I don't use it. I hate the product. It smells SO bad. It's also very lighter then it may appear. It made me break out but maybe because I have an allergic reaction to it. It was horrible. I hate this. I would never ever repurchase this item ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Jeslynn

I agree with other posters the color you get is lighter than you think. I like the concept of this product, but I can't say it works for me. I don't wear powder ordinarily, but I have used better. Maybe a darker shade would work. Since I like this line of product, I will buy again in a darker shade.
I like the packaging. It's cute.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jeneefaa

HORRIBLE PIECE OF CRAP. Didn't blend well. Their shades are off; they come of way lighter than shown on the casing. Terrible smell, also.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This worked as an average powder...

PROS: Natural ingredients, applied fairly smoothly, did not make my skin too oily at all

CONS: Did not last very long with very much coverage, poor color selection for tan skin tones (I am an NC 42), and odd/musty smell

3 lippies but would NOT repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by huka07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a piece of $#%%^$#!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by twillow

This was a complete waste of money. As other reviewers have mentioned, it does not have coverage, which would be OK if it were mattifying. However, it does not have any mattifying properties, probably partly because it is not very finely milled, but feels rather coarse. I think everyone is more enchanted by the organic marketing and the cute packaging than the product itself. I tried this quite awhile ago and ended up letting my five-year-old daughter have it for play time because she wanted "makeup to get fancy" and it works great -- she loves dabbing the little brush on her cheeks and clicking the magnetic closure and I don't have to worry because it's talc-free and when she dabs it on her cheeks, absolutely nothing shows up! I have been using L'Oreal bare naturale soft-focus mineral finish, which is also talc-free (but only the mineral finish from this line is) and while it doesn't offer color or coverage, it is mattifying and has a natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by OSakuraO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG powder! I love love love this!! I've tried a lot of different powders and this by far is the best! This is even better than like MAC, because it doesn't clog your pores and it doesn't cake up. It absorbs all of the oil on your face and it looks very natural. It doesn't feel too heavy or anything and it has really good ingredients (:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyedPanda

So, I bought this in the lightest shade possible, and it looks like I have an orangey mask on my face. Other than that it's just a typical face powder. Gave it to my sister and it looked just fine on her lightly tanned skin. I will say that the packaging, while I love the eco-conscious part, kinda falls apart on the seam where it opens. I wouldn't buy it again because of the color, but if you're tan, go for it.