Lumene Blueberry curl mascara

4.3

(((SAFETY RATED 7 ON SKIN DEEP))) Water, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Cera Alba (beeswax), Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran Wax, Acrylates/octylacrylamide Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, Euphorbia Cerifera (candelilla) Wax, Trithanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (carnauba) Waxtribehenin, Polybutene, Magnesium Aluminum Silcate, Betaine, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Nylon-6, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Putylparaben, Glycerin, Vaccinium Myrtillus Seed Oil, Prolparaben, Isobutylparaben, Xylitylgulucoside, PEG-8, Anhydroxylitol, Tocopherol, Xylitol, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) Seed Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Ctiric Acid. May Also Contain: (Ci 77266 (D&C Black 2), (Ci 77491, Ci 77492) Iron Oxides, (Ci 77891) Titanium Dioxide).

on 8/9/2009 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this b/c is said "blueberry" on the package and I kinda hoped it would have a hint of raven blue tint or something (dumb, I know). But it's nice and works well for a natural look, not glam tho.

on 5/14/2009 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This Mascara is FANTASTIC. I was at Ulta and saw this with the Lumene Eye makeup remover. Last Box so I thought what the heck, it was only $10 (L'Oreal costs more).
This makes my lashes so long, they stay soft and this mascara does not run or flake (no racoon eyes). I only need one coat and my lashes look great. When I use 2 coats it looks amazing, very dramatic.
Also does not clump at all. I don't even need to use a lash comb. So worth every penny and more. Get this mascara you wont regret it.

on 5/12/2009 12:39:00 AM

I really love this mascara. It really does curl my lashes, and I don't feel like I have to use a curler everyday. It's a good everyday, regular mascara. My lashes are pretty light, so the brown black makes them look super long and really nice. It's not for you if you want volume or really thick lashes, but it works for my purposes. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 4/15/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have rather long and thick but light colored lashes myself so I really like the runny texture this mascara has. The applicator is a wonder, separates the lashes beautifully. A very elegant look. And it has no repulsive smell either.

This stuff is amazing! It looks so natural. My boyfriend couldnt tell whether I was wearing mascara, and was amazed at how long my lashes looked. The separation is perfect, and there is ZERO CLUMPING. I love this stuff. It creates a very pretty effect.

on 2/16/2009 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the best mascara from Lumene and one of my favorites. I was given this as a freebie during Lumene's promo campaign, and was quite sceptic as to their ability to produce a decent mascara... :)
To mys surprise, the brush was small & neat, made my lashes well-defined and gorgeous, and did not ause any irritation ...! The flipside is, when applied to the lower lashes, it tends to flake out during the day. I still have to test the water-proof version to see if that problem is taken care of ...

All in al, a great and decently priced mascara! I already did re-purchase... in a Valentine's day campaign where you could get two for the price of one :)

CVS has Lumene 50% off this week. This was $5.00-normally $10.00.
It's reminds me of a high end dept. store mascara with it's packaging.
It's a rather wet formula, which I like. This went on smooth- no clumping. Gives you a really nice "fringe" lash look to your eyes. Not much at lengthening, but still a nice mascara, and you can build up coats for more drama.

on 10/25/2008 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

In a word, LOVE. First of all, if you are looking for thick, tarantula lashes, this is NOT your mascara. This mascara produces a whisper thin, lash-by-lash defined and lovely look. It is not vavavoom. But my eyes looked very, very pretty today. It lasted all day, as well, without any ruboff or flaking.

My lashes are flexible, yet colored. I picked up the brown/black colorway, and I usually wear black, but I've been in this "natural" phase lately, and I really liked it. It is definitely brownish, but not too light.

The wand is very interesting. The bristles are extremely short and very easy to micro control.

The effect of curling seems to be there. I usually use a lash curler prior to mascara application, and I purposefully didn't this morning, and seemed to notice a slight upward turn, not normally there without the curler. I don't know that they were quite as curled as with the curler, but it did seem to provide some lift.

I would definitely use this for daytime. If you want more thickness though, I don't know that this is the mascara for you.

on 7/16/2008 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like it, and I did like how it went on and separated my lashes, but it smudged so I ended up returning it :(

on 7/11/2008 10:35:00 AM

I actually like this mascara very, very much. Goes on without clumping and gives decent volume and curl. The only thing is that it sits a bit too well, I had to go over it with eye makeup remover twice to get it all off, and I don't like rubbing my lashes like that. I might repurchase, it's a very nice everyday mascara. Pretty tube too!