April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Mascara - Lumene - Blueberry curl mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

CVS has Lumene 50% off this week. This was $5.00-normally $10.00.
It's reminds me of a high end dept. store mascara with it's packaging.
It's a rather wet formula, which I like. This went on smooth- no clumping. Gives you a really nice "fringe" lash look to your eyes. Not much at lengthening, but still a nice mascara, and you can build up coats for more drama.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by mommy2ingrid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In a word, LOVE. First of all, if you are looking for thick, tarantula lashes, this is NOT your mascara. This mascara produces a whisper thin, lash-by-lash defined and lovely look. It is not vavavoom. But my eyes looked very, very pretty today. It lasted all day, as well, without any ruboff or flaking.

My lashes are flexible, yet colored. I picked up the brown/black colorway, and I usually wear black, but I've been in this "natural" phase lately, and I really liked it. It is definitely brownish, but not too light.

The wand is very interesting. The bristles are extremely short and very easy to micro control.

The effect of curling seems to be there. I usually use a lash curler prior to mascara application, and I purposefully didn't this morning, and seemed to notice a slight upward turn, not normally there without the curler. I don't know that they were quite as curled as with the curler, but it did seem to provide some lift.

I would definitely use this for daytime. If you want more thickness though, I don't know that this is the mascara for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by fierylilone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like it, and I did like how it went on and separated my lashes, but it smudged so I ended up returning it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Kristineh

I actually like this mascara very, very much. Goes on without clumping and gives decent volume and curl. The only thing is that it sits a bit too well, I had to go over it with eye makeup remover twice to get it all off, and I don't like rubbing my lashes like that. I might repurchase, it's a very nice everyday mascara. Pretty tube too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 6:51:00 AM More reviews by ryden_gorey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't notice much curling, but I do really like this mascara over all.
It does a good job of lengthening and separating the lashes, but they don't look super thick in my opinion. Kind of doll like. There isn't a problem with clumping either.
It's kind of like a better version of a CG mascara I bought (volume exact waterproof).
I really like the packaging too. The brush makes it pretty easy to apply to bottom lashes and the actual tube is sleek and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by toofaced

In a eyelash depression (when no mascara I have on hand makes my eyelashes look long, voluminous, or curl. Which happens every now and again) I found this. What attracted me was the brush, and the promise of holding a curl. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this drug store find. It does everything it claims. My lashes are out of a funk. I have been using this daily for a month now, and my lashes are long and lush. This mascara holds a curl from my shu curler, and it has never clumped or flaked. Someone else reviewed this and said it was hard to remove, but I have not had that problem. Even if it was hard to remove, I'd keep using it. It's that good. HG material, and cheap!!! * UPDATE* 10/31/2008 I still fricken love this stuff, I've never stuck with a mascara this long, kudos!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is real easy to apply, not too runny, and gives thick and black lashes. Holds curl fairly well but doesn't exactly add more or curls lashes if applied before curling. I do like the effect of this, most ofther Lumene mascaras I've tried have been way too subtle for me. Lasting power is ok as well. The reason I only give this a three is that it's so incredibly difficult to remove. No remover makes it easier. It smudges and takes tons of effort to get away. I'm tired in the evenings - can't stand that!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by cius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An amazing mascara with arctic blueberry. I donīt if it nourishes lashes as it says, but itīs very good. I put on two or three lashes, and my lashes stay clump free. It actually curls my lashes, and I donīt use an eye lash curler, so the results are very good. It does smudge a little in the evening when I have worn it all day, but then itīs easily washed off with an eye make-up remover. Itīs not my HG, but almost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Candy8865

I am a horrible reviewer. Ok, now that the obvious is stated :) on to my thoughts.

I have been on a quest for MY perfect mascara & I think I finally found it.

Lumene Blueberry Artic mascara is everything I have searched for. Easy application, no clumping (even with 2nd layer added). Dries quickly, no stiff brittle lashes & shock of shocks it actually does add curl. Not alot, as if you manually curled after applying - but a gentle curl that really looks pleasantly natural.

What really sold me is there is no flaking or racoon eyes, even after a full days wear. Easily removed with my cleanser.

It's priced less than $10.00 at my local CVS, and it's currently on sale for $7.50. Nothing to lose giving it a try - you'll be glad you did!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by murphyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara has arctic blueberry seed oil which is supposed to nourish lashes. I don't know about that, but so far I do like that it has been clump-free and easy to apply with the flexible plastic brush. The metallic blue case is also nice. Found it at CVS for $10.