September 18, 2014 | 1669 users online

Lipstick - Cle de Peau - Extra Silky Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MeredithK02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample card with #1054 and #105 with a foundation sample, and just left them for a couple weeks. But once I tried, I loved them. I ended up getting #104 and #111 with my foundation purchase. I would have tried more, but at $50 a tube I've got to pace myself! They're similar in texture to Bobbi Brown tinted lip balms and Laura Mercier stickglosses, but the CdP extra silky lipstick seems to leave less "gunk" on my lips, and lasts longer. I do wish that they were retractable, but that won't stop me from purchasing additional colors.

Update 6/1/09: dropped these down to a 4, since I love my new LM tinted balms more....and they're 60% cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by winterl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely beautiful colours that feel magical on the lips. Silky and very very moisturizing.

Being that my hair is normally pink, however, I wished for more textures as well (shimmer, glitter, etc for example) rather than the flat shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Based on the reviews here I purchased shade 111 which is a mauvey pink MLBB shade for me. Brown hair, hazel eyes, ppp. Lovely feel, no taste, very moisturizing, long lasting for a sheer lipstick. My lips felt good the next day as well. Only drawback is the price. $50.00. However, if you add up all the other lipsticks I buy that I do not like, then this price is not so bad. Someone told me that the Guerain Stick Glosses are just as nice.

Will definitely rebuy this shade and maybe others.

Update: Went to my stash of these and re fell in love with #125. It is pink with a slight coral edge for spring. Face brightening and any easy foray into coral. Give it a try.
Number 118 is my current favorie. The lightest of pinks that I use to soften any other lip color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Stacyef

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely bother to write reviews but I bought two of these lipsticks on a whim because Cle de Peau is one of the few high end cosmetic lines I've purchased nothing from. Usually, my lipstick splurges are with La Prairie.I tested a couple of the Extra Silky lipsticks on my hand and decided to go for it. I'm truly amazed at how much I love this product! When I apply it, it looks like a highly pigmented gloss rather than lipstick, without the mess and annoyance of dealing with fingers, lip brushes or wands. The color lasts a long time for me, which is unusual for anything but matte lipsticks and those are too drying for me and I avoid them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ladybella72

I have to say that I hate the price but I LOVE the lipstick. This is by far, the BEST lipstick I own. I have 102 Cognac Brown and 104 Fresh Sangria Rose. The lipsticks are ultra moisturizing and long lasting. My lips stay soft and moist and never chap. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by JCAUDO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh my what can I say? I have been looking for years for a moist, sheer, just my lips color with amazing staying power, and its been found! I bought this in #110 on a whim while in Vegas, didnt look at the price, and almost dropped the receipt when I got to the hotel and saw that it was $50! I didnt use it, intending to return it, $50!!! But, I figured what the heck, its paid for, so lets try it! Once I tried it, I now dont know what I will do without it. I use KA's Medium Fleshtone liner with it, and its perfection. With a lipstick this sheer and moist, I didnt think it would have lasting power, but am surprised that its staying longer than my GA lipstick if not longer. I am a MAC NC25, Chantecaille Future Skin Vanilla and this is just perfect! So I have purchased another, one for at home and one for my purse!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by miranets

The only things I don't like - The size of the lipstick, it is more like a Japanese gloss stick, more than 5 inches long! Also, it is not retractable, once you twist the tip out it is stuck there forever, which is poor design and does not suit a high end lipstick. (And the price, but I am used to $50 lipsticks now)

Texture-wise it is beautiful, creamy, soft and stands out from all other lipsticks I have tried. Pigment is medium, because I have deep toned lips the lighter shades are lost on me without lip concealer, but does create a translucent effect. I prefer the deeper reds, which actually do not look as scary as they appear in the tube. I can pull off the scarlet red and mocha brown well, all give a hint of MLBB effect. Does not bleed out or dry out into the creases, there is no need to layer a gloss for these lipsticks. No trace of fragrance, added bonus as I hate it when scent seeps into my mouth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by waimingsiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend works at Shiseido so I got this lipstick for free =) I'm really not a lipstick person at ALL generally. But I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised with this. It goes on like a sheer, slightly shimmery gloss...very light and very nice! Just be sure your lips are exfoliated well before putting this on. Otherwise, it'll just draw extra attention to any dryness. Really like it but am not sure if I'd pay the full retail price for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently I started to get more into high-end brands... I still use and love my Japanese drugstore stuff but I have to admit that it just feels great pulling out a really precious makeup item and it's even better when it really performs as well as this silk in a tube =)
This lipstick comes in a sleek shimmery dark blue metal tube. It's a stylo-type lipstick (very slim and long) and looks really elegant and luxurious (and it's heavy and well-made!). When you remove the cap you plug it at the end of the lipstick tube to twist the desired amount of lipstick out. (Attention, this lipstick does NOT retract so be careful not to get too much product out)

I think this is one of the most pleasant feeling lipsticks I ever tried. It's soooo soft and buttery but doesn't smudge and lasts quite well on my lips. It feels more like a very moisturizing lipbalm rather than an ordinary lipstick. When I apply Extra Silky Lipstick my lips stay really soft and nourished even after the lipstick has worn off.

The finish is rather sheer but very glossy and moist.

The only problem I have with this lipstick is the price! I think it retails somewhere around US$65 for 2 grams of product which is an insane price for a lipstick! I got my colors off ebay for about half which is still a lot. I have to admit that I think it's worth it though!

I bought 4 colors sight unseen from an ebay seller and I have to say that 3 of the colors are absolutely beautiful.

I believe there are 12 colors, I got the following 4 colors:
104: A sheer warm red

108: A soft cool-toned light pink
109: A soft natural pink-beige

111: A muted slightly deepened MLBB pinky-mauve color

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15/MQ OC-01/Kate OC-A with brown eyes.

From top to bottom: 104, 108, 109, 111