April 24, 2014 | 1051 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by emily0794

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To be honest I am not overly keen on the original, it does seeem to weigh my hair down without making it feel soft- seriously keep this stuff away from your roots as it will look so greasy! The same is not to be said with the orange heat defense one- I love it! I dont know why I hate one and love the other but they work completey different for me. The heat defense one is amazing. It doesent weigh down your hair, makes is feel smooth and soft and gives a beautifull shine. Its great worked into wet hair before blow drying and used as a finishing gloss and it seperates curls beautifully.Plus the added bonus of heat protection. It is a little pricey but if i go on holiday i only need this one product packing seperate products for, heat defence, leave-in conditioner, smoothing balm, finishing spray blah blah....
I havent tried the blue transform one so i can't coment but don't think i'll bother because my hair is not chronicly frizzy or out of control.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that it's been awhile since I actually first tried this product (around 5 years). My hair used to be a lot frizzier than it is now. This stuff worked alright in reducing my hair's puffiness. It was nothing too noticeable though. Also, I found that I had to be careful around my root area; otherwise, my hair would feel weighed down and greasy. Like I mentioned before, my hair doesn't really get frizzy anymore; however, if it ever did get back to that point, I probably wouldn't go back to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Axman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product works miracle in my hair that tends to get very frizzy. Until I find something better for the same price this will be one of my 'must have' products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

seems oily and heavy to the eye, but once applied, it goes straight into the hairshaft, making it feel soft and smooth.
no greasiness, no "a coat on the hair" feeling.
my hair becomes shiny and silky and frizz free.
theres a reason its a cult product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AlisonAshleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think I would die without this. I use it every time I wash my hair. I find its only effective on wet hair- once its dry it doesn't do much other than shine it up a bit. I have thick hair and have never had a problem with using too much. Its great if I leave my hair to air dry curly or if I blow dry it straight. The bottle has a neat little feature where you can twist the cap so it wont accidentally pump if you throw it in your bag if you lose the plastic protective cap, which I always so. I always have at least one spare bottle on hand and I've never found another product that produces similar results.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jennifersaywhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my must-have products. When I don't use this my hair just isn't the same. FACT.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by inkiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of my very few absolute beauty must-haves. My hair is thick and frizzy and goes mental if I forget to use this. You only need a TINY amount and only use on wet hair otherwise you're going to end up looking like an oil slick; it takes a little trial and error to work out how much you need. I have bra-strap length, VERY thick, wavy hair and only need two pumps. I rub it between my hands and finger-comb it through the ends of my hair until there's hardly any residue left on my hands, and then sweep that over the fringe and roots. And voila! Frizz eased.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

I am truly amazed at how many negative reviews there are for this product. I literally cannot leave the house until I have put this in my hair! I have very dry/damaged hair from years of highlighting and straightening and when I don't use this stuff my hair feels so weak and dry! I always apply this to my towel dried hair before I either let my hair dry naturally or blow dry - granted due to my wavy hair I have to straighten if I want a really polished look but without this stuff my hair is just a mess. You only need a tiny amount to make a huge difference. I definitely would not advise using this on styled hair, as I did this once and it made me sooo greasy!

The only real complaint I have about this product is the packaging, I often accidentally knock off the pump and once you have done it once it will come off everytime and just get messy. Otherwise I think it does what it says on the package and that for me is what I look for in my products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This hair serum does a pretty good job on my thick, curly/slightly wavy hair. But the only problem is that it doesn't really work on dry hair. I recommend using it on wet hair, so that the silicon really has a chance to seal the cuticle BEFORE the hair frizzes out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by korres

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product! I use it every day before blow-drying and flat-ironing my hair. It completely changes the texture and appearance of my hair, from fuzzy and dull to smooth and shiny. It helps my hair stay that way, too; for a long time, I followed the same routine but without the serum, and my hair frizzed back up the instant I met the tiniest bit of humidity. I do think Biosilk Silk Therapy works a bit better, but John Frieda is cheaper and easier for me to find in shops.

My only complaint is that I can't tell the difference among the normal formula, the extra-strength formula, and the thermal protection formula. I've tried all three and they seem to perform the same.