December 20, 2014 | 1221 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by francisvi

Wowza! I'm surprised with the very low rating! I love this serum, I'm on my third bottle already, in Original formula. My hair is medium long, and just slightly wavy. I straighten my hair sometimes, and I use this before straightening, when my hair is still a little bit damp, just a pump is enough for all over. I mostly focus on the ends part, tho. It smells good, but it feels like oil - kind of. If I use this today, I'll have to wash my hair the next day. It works well for me, keeps my hair from drying and splitting. I'll keep purchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

I absolutely adore this product - because of the price (I'm cheap) I have tried to move onto other things but I keep coming back to this guy.
I apply it after I shower in wet/damp hair and when my hair is dry, it is sooo soft and smooth. It's not the greatest with frizz, to be honest, though I know do notice a difference.
My favourite is the heat protectant just because I don't have to use a spray with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this works great!!! alot better than Bio Silk Therapy, made my hair feel very hydrated

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by emily0794

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To be honest I am not overly keen on the original, it does seeem to weigh my hair down without making it feel soft- seriously keep this stuff away from your roots as it will look so greasy! The same is not to be said with the orange heat defense one- I love it! I dont know why I hate one and love the other but they work completey different for me. The heat defense one is amazing. It doesent weigh down your hair, makes is feel smooth and soft and gives a beautifull shine. Its great worked into wet hair before blow drying and used as a finishing gloss and it seperates curls beautifully.Plus the added bonus of heat protection. It is a little pricey but if i go on holiday i only need this one product packing seperate products for, heat defence, leave-in conditioner, smoothing balm, finishing spray blah blah....
I havent tried the blue transform one so i can't coment but don't think i'll bother because my hair is not chronicly frizzy or out of control.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that it's been awhile since I actually first tried this product (around 5 years). My hair used to be a lot frizzier than it is now. This stuff worked alright in reducing my hair's puffiness. It was nothing too noticeable though. Also, I found that I had to be careful around my root area; otherwise, my hair would feel weighed down and greasy. Like I mentioned before, my hair doesn't really get frizzy anymore; however, if it ever did get back to that point, I probably wouldn't go back to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Axman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product works miracle in my hair that tends to get very frizzy. Until I find something better for the same price this will be one of my 'must have' products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

seems oily and heavy to the eye, but once applied, it goes straight into the hairshaft, making it feel soft and smooth.
no greasiness, no "a coat on the hair" feeling.
my hair becomes shiny and silky and frizz free.
theres a reason its a cult product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AlisonAshleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think I would die without this. I use it every time I wash my hair. I find its only effective on wet hair- once its dry it doesn't do much other than shine it up a bit. I have thick hair and have never had a problem with using too much. Its great if I leave my hair to air dry curly or if I blow dry it straight. The bottle has a neat little feature where you can twist the cap so it wont accidentally pump if you throw it in your bag if you lose the plastic protective cap, which I always so. I always have at least one spare bottle on hand and I've never found another product that produces similar results.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jennifersaywhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my must-have products. When I don't use this my hair just isn't the same. FACT.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by inkiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of my very few absolute beauty must-haves. My hair is thick and frizzy and goes mental if I forget to use this. You only need a TINY amount and only use on wet hair otherwise you're going to end up looking like an oil slick; it takes a little trial and error to work out how much you need. I have bra-strap length, VERY thick, wavy hair and only need two pumps. I rub it between my hands and finger-comb it through the ends of my hair until there's hardly any residue left on my hands, and then sweep that over the fringe and roots. And voila! Frizz eased.