Garnier 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

4.5

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Rose Centifolia Flower Water, Dipotassium Phosphate, Poloxamer 184, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, CI 61565 / Green 6 (F.I.L. B26656/1)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I could not afford to repurchase my Dior remover.

I got it on sale for $8 at priceline.

Pros:
- cheap, and lots of product
- one swipe, ALL GONE!
- nice recappable bottle

Cons
- OILY. Be careful of getting this into your eye as you will find that it goes a bit blurry. However there is no stinging or irritation.

Repurchase? Yes, probably, but I will try out other drugstore removers after I finish this one.

on 1/4/2012 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this at priceline today and have to say its pretty good,i used it to remove my eye makeup which can be pretty heavy at times and had no problems getting it off,it was also good enough to remove my foundation which was a pleasant surprise also it comes in a big sized bottle which makes good value for money,will repurchase again in the future.

on 12/22/2011 1:51:00 AM

i always come back to this product. Its a really great eye makeup remover and also for removing face makeup. I find that its not very oily as compared to Lancome Bi-Facil? and it does not dry my skin as other makeup remover does. I always recommend this makeup remover to all my friends and for 200mL its really cheap and good quality.

on 11/14/2011 3:35:00 AM

I love this eye make up remover! It gets off EVERYTHING. I've used Clinique Take The Day Off, Lancome Bi-Facil, NARS eye make up remover, Guerlain, e.t.c. and this blows them all out of the water... The performance is on par with Clinique and removes the most stubborn mascara (and I only use waterproof) but a fraction of the cost. I absolutely love this and will continue to repurchase it until it disappears off the shelf (seems like what drugstore brands like to do from time to time, hmph.) I also use this to remove the makeup off my face and it works really well - replacing my need for an oil cleanser. I do wish they would fix the packaging. It's one of the most wasteful design ever. Anyway, you've got to try this!

on 10/31/2011 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic eye-makeup remover. It'll get rid of even the toughest mascara, I'm sure of it. Just shake it up, pour a bit onto a cotton round and you're away! One pad will usually be enough for both eyes.

I always turn to this when my Olay eye-makeup remover doesn't quite get it all off. It doesn't sting and it's really cheap, not too mention easy to find. I urge you to try this!

on 10/31/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Have gone through 3 bottles of these and am still happy with it. Removes grime and makeup well, even very tough waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Gentle enough to swipe over the entire face and never caused a sting. Because of its effectiveness in removing makeup this product seemed to have helped improve my skin. I follow with my usual cleanser after this and I don't need to wipe toner with cotton pad to know my face is thoroughly cleansed. Comparable to Lancome's bi-Facil if you ask me - and for a fraction of the price! Would definitely recommend this.

Only gripe is with the packaging, I always end up dispensing too much.

on 10/23/2011 10:14:00 PM

I LOVE this eye-makeup remover!! It dissolves layers of dry mascara and eyeliner quickly and without stinging. Plus it's so cheap - I feel like I can use plenty and not worry about wasting it. I just hold a soaked cotton-pad on my eyelid for a few seconds and the makeup starts dissolving.

I've used Dermalogica, Clinique and Lancome eye-makeup remover and felt that I had to rub at/around my eyes quite a lot to get the mascara off. I used my sister's bottle of this stuff one day and now all my old expensive bottles sit unused in a drawer. :P

My only gripe is that the bottle leaks like crazy. I've had two bottles of it and both were the same. Dunno how I'm gonna take it travelling. :(

on 10/23/2011 8:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best eye make-up remover ever! I've tried many Clarins (good but expensive) Lancome (as per Clarins), L'oreal (good, but still not as good as garnier), Neutrogena (horrible-stung like crazy and didn't work properly!), and this is the best by far!! It works wonderfully at removing any waterproof makeup and is never irratating. It's really cheap and works better than lancome and clarins. I used to use L'oreal water-proof eye make-up remover, however this is cheaper, leaves no greasy residue and lasts longer as you don't need much. I'll never use another brand whilst this is available. I've converted all my family and friends and they LOVE it too!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I like this as a nighttime make up remover it does the job of getting rid of everyday make up. The oil in the mixture ensures that my eyes don't feel like sandpaper. I tend to just saturate a cotton wool pad and hold it over my eyes for a while before wiping the make up away, this ensures I use less pads.
However there are two main down sides to this product (hence two lippies off): 1) The poor packaging - the hole in the top is just wasteful, product ends up going everywhere. 2) The oil in the mixture means that there is no way you can put on makeup and expect it to stay after using this - which means it only gets used at the very end of the day when you know you aren't going to go out again.
It could be better but it retails at 2.50 in superdrug and does the job, so if you can't get a hold of your Lancome bi-facil then this is a decent eye make up remover when money is tight.

on 9/30/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Probably the best eye makeup remover I've ever tried. It removes waterproof mascara perfectly and also works great on waterproof lipstick. I don't use it on my face, because it leaves some oily residue which I dislike. I'd recommend it to everyone.