December 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Cherry Chutney

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Application: If you are used to the pro-wide brush, application is not much of an issue. However, I did have a bit of trouble getting the right amount of product from the bottle onto my nails- which is generally not the case for OPI polishes. Layered 2 coats on top of SV base coat, finished with SV Fast Dry Topcoat.

Colour: I've come to the conclusion that this colour would probably have more of an effect on fairer (and olive) skin tones. On skin tones darker than about N/NC/NW 40, this would just look like a dark brown or black. The colour does show up a little better when you hold your fingers right under your eyes, but why would you do that?

Duration: I've just put this on, so I'll come back and report later!

I'll not be buying this colour again. It's good overall, but looks quite bland on me.

Provisional verdict: 3 lippies

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I am so hard on my fingernails, I usually stick to painting my toenails. I am usually drawn to pinks, nudes, and other light colors, so why this color caught my eye, I'll never know. But, it was my first OPI polish and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Packaging: I love that the brush is soft but firm and doesn't drip while you are using it. The bottle is not ostentatious, but looks very professional.

Consistency: The first coat goes on fairly sheer, with full opacity at two coats. The polish goes on smoothly, no bubbles, and is highly pigmented.

Appearance: With two coats, the color is true to its appearance in the bottle. The shimmers aren't as visible as in the bottle, but that can't really be expected considering how close the bottle is when you look at it. The shimmers are most visible in daylight, I found, and look spectacular.

Longevity: I wore this on my toes for two weeks and finally repainted them because the polish grew out. It was still intact and barely chipped.

A great polish that I would highly recommend! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by ZoeEli

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color in the bottle is so beautiful but on my nails i didnt like it at all. To dark old ladyish for me! Its almost black with a slight redish gleam, Its pretty just on my pale skin it looks way too gaudy and like i said before old ladyish. It would look much better on a dark person perhaps, or an old lady.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

This is really hot. I wear black/dark nails every single day, so I'm always on the hunt for shades other than boring black cream. Thus, I tried Black Cherry Chutney (BCC). This polish is a deep burgundy with red shimmer. You may be reminded of Midnight in Moscow (MIM), but there is a subtle difference. MIM is BLACK with red shimmer, while BCC is BURGUNDY with red shimmer. If you have one of these and aren't a huge fan of vampy nails, you don't need to get the other. However, if you are like me and wear this type of polish all the time, totally check this out. It will add some variety to your dark np collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by RedFishTwoFish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Perfect for a dark, sophisticated nail that doesn't look too gothy. I wear this to work often, as it looks great with short nails.

Only quibble is that it is very, very dark once the second coat is applied and I would prefer it to be closer to the colour it is in the bottle.

I'm already halfway through this one and will definitely be picking up a second bottle in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OPI Black Cherry Chutney is a deep purple/wine colour with a red shimmer. This colour looks amazing in the sunlight and under artificial light as this is when the shimmer is most noticeable. The polish is super shiny and glossy with a smooth finish. Application was easy and Black Cherry Chutney was opaque in 2 coats. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a dark nail colour. I purchased this from David Jones for $20AUD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this color. I love deep, dark, vampy polishes so why it took me so long to buy this one is a mystery. In two coats this is a very deep red; in three coats this is almost black. Personally I prefer 3 coats, but it's pretty even if you don't want to go super dark. my only minor complaint is that it can be a bit chippy, but a good 'no chip' top coat fixes that. Definite HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

I agree w/ most reviews on this color. I love the mysterious deep sultry color. You really can't appreciate this color unless you are in direct sunlight. With two coats, you'll get a dark even color w/ visable micro-sparkles deep within the color. You really don't need more than two coats w/ this-it will become too dark. I normally don't wear dark shades, but this is very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this color! It is my new go to color. I go between this and lincoln park at midnight (NOT dark). I find the dark colors with sheen last longer. This color reminds me of a fine dark red wine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this color! Very work appropriate. It is a shimmer polish but it's nothing flamboyant....definitely recommend this shade. Plus u can't go wrong with OPI's formula I am addicted!