Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)

3.9

aqua(water),glycerin,butylene glycol,cyclomethicone,octyldodecanol,dimethicone,boron nitride,hydrogenated vegetable oil,hydroxyethyl urea,simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil,PPG-20 methyl glucose,sesquistearate,xylitylglucosides,cetearyl alcohol,methyl glucose sesquistearate,anhydroxylitol,corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil,triticum vulgare (wheat) seed extract,opuntia vulgaris (cactus) extract,jasminum officinale (jasmine) extract,aloe barbadensis leaf extract,camellia sinesis leaf extract,saccharinum officinarium (sugar cane) extract,punica granatum extract,acacia senegal gum,cyathea medullaris leaf extract,bambusa vulgaris extract,avena strigosa seed xtract,camellia kissi seed oil,cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, glycine soya (soybean) oil,glycine soya (soybean) seed extract,helianthus annuus(sunflower) seed oil,lupinus albus seed extract,pisum sativum (pea) extract,prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) fruit extract,prunus amygdalus dulcis(sweet almond) oil,robinia pseudacacia flower extract,,algin,hydrohyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate,copolymer,tocopherol,xylitol,dimethicone crosspolymer,propylene glycol,squalane,phenoxyethanol,polyacrylate-13,acetylated glycol stearate,tristearin,methylpropanediol,polyisobutene,CI77891 (titaium dioxide),,allantoin,polysorbate 60,lecithin,chlorphenesin,tetrasodium EDTA,tromethamine,glycolic acid,dosodium EDTA,ethylhexylglycerin,tocopheryl succinate,polysorbate 20,citric acid,lactic acid,malic acid,decarboxy carnosine HCL,serine,sodium methylPARABEN, propylPARABEN, isobutylPARABEN,butylPARABEN, ethylPARABEN, methylPARABEN,ascorbic acis,sodium benzoate,parfum (fragrance),geraniol,limonene,linalool.

on 8/30/2007 5:11:00 PM

overall: i have always had problematic skin. it's combination that is prone to acne and eczema. most moisturizers are too oily so that it makes me look extremely shiny or too drying so that my skin gets too flaky. i've tried several lotions like neutrogena, oxy, biore, clean & clear, estee lauder, la prairie, clientele, clinique, and proactiv, but this has worked the best. it moisturizes my skin without being too heavy or too light. i have the formula light and it has done wonders for my skin. it is softer, more even, healthier with a glow. it has also reduced my acne and eczema breakouts.
package: it is a small, easy to squeeze tube.
price: $39 USD for 50ml is expensive, but it's it's worth it since nothing else has worked for me.

on 7/18/2007 12:47:00 PM

I have this moisturizer for a few days and I'm very satisfied with my skin condition. All the best for this product!

on 5/25/2007 10:25:00 AM

This is my HG for my skin's life stage now. I have oily skin that is quite dehydrated. This results in hard to combat breakouts that was on the verge of becoming as pervasive as acne. For a year I had the most breakouts ever in my life (I am 25). I have been using Nuxe's body product and milk cleanser for a while when the distribution company called for a warehouse sale (they were discontinuing in my country). I made a bee-line for it and snapped up as much stuff as I could. One of my purchase was this moisturiser. And at that point, my skin was irritable, dry and oily all at the same time.

My first application of this saw instant results. The redness had gone and oil was controlled. Moisturising was great and this allowed my breakouts to heal and go away after a month or two. It also gives a wonderful healthy glow to the skin that is missing from many moisturisers in the market. I am running out of this product and have no choice but to order it from abroad. I've tried other products in the interim and nothing seems to be working. No other moisturiser gives me a well hydrated yet fresh (semi-matte) look. I am not looking for heavily mattifying products because they tend to clog pores for strange reasons. I just want a dewy glow without looking oily and this gives me that. I also love the smell of it.

I use this product in the tropical climate (hot and humid) all year round. My skin is oily but dehydrated and I suffer from frequent breakouts.

Edit: I've re-posted this review in the Creme Fraiche Light section as this is originally for that. I also have Creme Fraiche de Beaute and will review it soon.

on 2/20/2007 9:42:00 PM

I was looking for a moisturizer with a texture similar (thick and creamy) to Creme de la Mer, but with a lower pricetag. I stumbled upon this at a small apothecary/boutique and was impressed by the packaging--a high-quality glass jar with accompanying spatula. The scent is herb-y with a definite neroli note. Lots of good natural ingredients and that richness I was looking for. It is a good night cream, and I like it on my neck as well. It can also be used in eye area. Best moisturizer I've ever tried. Every bit as good as CDLM.

on 2/7/2007 11:48:00 PM

I was instantly impresed with this creme from the first application and haven't changed my mind since. I really love everything about it! I have the one for Normal skin. It absorbs so well, my skin looks toned and glows and the it makes my pores disappear. I love the scent, I love the texture, I love the way it looks under makeup, and I love how it leaves my skin feeling. Perfectly moisturized, almost like there is nothing on my face except a soft divine smell. And my skin is so, so soft. I think this creme is amazing for the price. I even like the elegant glass jar which does come with a spatula!

on 1/12/2007 10:11:00 AM

I use the version for dry or very dry skin: Iím very happy with this cream. I use it morning and night this winter and it has kept my skin soft and radiant looking. My skin hasnít been dry this winter and I can definitely notice an improvement in my overall complexion. The texture and scent are very pleasant and the presentation elegant yet practical. I am pretty fickle when it comes to skincare products and rarely purchase the same products twice but I can see myself actually repurchasing this cream. It is pleasant to use and delivers good results for the price:

on 12/12/2006 10:46:00 AM

I have normal to combination skin. I also thought that I had acne prone skin until I switched to this cream. I had been using Biotherm for the last year. I thought I was happy with it. I would still have breakouts sometimes and dry patches other times. I have been using this Nuxe cream in the am for 3 weeks and my skin has never ever looked better. I have had no blemishes during this time and my skin does not dry out even in the winter climate where I live. I am not a fan of cream in pots because I don't like getting it under my nails, but this is something that I can live with because my skin looks and feels so good. I hope to be using this cream for many years.

on 11/20/2006 12:12:00 PM

I wasn't sure that this product would agree with my acne-prone, yet dehydrated skin, which gets irritated whenever I use acne products and further complicated by winter climate. A 60 ml jar is $39 which held me back, but this cream is loaded with so many beneficial ingredients, I thought "whoa, this has to be a bargain compared to Estee, Clinique, or Clarins". The cream (I bought the normal version) is more like a light souffle, and the scent spa-like (neroli and petitgrain essential oils). Partial ingredient list: pomegranate, jojoba, hazelnut oil, wheat extract, cactus extract, jasmine, sugar cane extract, camellia oil, plant milks of lupine, pea, green tea, acacia, almond, coconut, plant saps of mamaku, barbary fig, bamboo, sugar cane and aloe. To quote the package "this new lact-aroma" skin care, with its unique formula of 8 moisturizing and strengthening plant milks and 4 balancing and anti stress essential oils, recreates a moisture reserve within the epidermis. Pomegranate draws up essential water and diffuses it throughout all skin layers' 5 plant saps trap in water to continuously replenish the skin It's delicious texture makes this a daily skincare treatment a delight to use. The skin is bursting with moisture and perfectly hydrated for 24 hours, is supple and soft". This makes and excellent makeup base and having said all this, I can only pray that the product keeps working well for my skin. EDIT Aug 10/07 I have taken a break from this cream as it is too rich for summer use and exacerbated some small breakouts. Will try again as cold weather approaches. EDIT Feb/08 I have dipped into this again and am liking it - a lot. I also use the L'Occitane Precious and VP Cream, but this is lighter and suitable for daytime.

I received a sample of this face moisturizer for dry/very dry skin. I LOVED the way it made me skin feel. Very mosturizing and my skin felt soft all day long, my make up even applied smoother. Would love to try the full-size product. Will purchase if I get a chance!

(4 lippies because I'm not crazy about the smell and I haven't used it long enough to see long-term effects. No real complaints though.)

on 6/29/2006 11:16:00 AM

Sorry I have to be the minority here that don't find this cream good for my skin. I really wanted to like it cuz I've heard so many compliments. So I tried a sample of this I think two years ago, and it almost suddently turned my cheek very red. I don't have too much sensitive skin, but my skin reacted badly toward this. Now because of the new version the older version has been on sale, and I can't resist the attempt and bought a full size, hoping that two years ago I simply didn't give it enough time. Unfortunately, again, as soon as I put this on, my cheek became very red, and very uncomfortable, so again I had to wash it off 10 minutes later... So, I don't know about the newer version, but I do want to warn the sensitive skinners to try before buying.

Popular Moisturizers