November 22, 2014 | 966 users online

Moisturizers - Nuxe - Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by sunnysideup

I was instantly impresed with this creme from the first application and haven't changed my mind since. I really love everything about it! I have the one for Normal skin. It absorbs so well, my skin looks toned and glows and the it makes my pores disappear. I love the scent, I love the texture, I love the way it looks under makeup, and I love how it leaves my skin feeling. Perfectly moisturized, almost like there is nothing on my face except a soft divine smell. And my skin is so, so soft. I think this creme is amazing for the price. I even like the elegant glass jar which does come with a spatula!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 10:11:00 AM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the version for dry or very dry skin: I’m very happy with this cream. I use it morning and night this winter and it has kept my skin soft and radiant looking. My skin hasn’t been dry this winter and I can definitely notice an improvement in my overall complexion. The texture and scent are very pleasant and the presentation elegant yet practical. I am pretty fickle when it comes to skincare products and rarely purchase the same products twice but I can see myself actually repurchasing this cream. It is pleasant to use and delivers good results for the price:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2006 10:46:00 AM More reviews by hajamom

I have normal to combination skin. I also thought that I had acne prone skin until I switched to this cream. I had been using Biotherm for the last year. I thought I was happy with it. I would still have breakouts sometimes and dry patches other times. I have been using this Nuxe cream in the am for 3 weeks and my skin has never ever looked better. I have had no blemishes during this time and my skin does not dry out even in the winter climate where I live. I am not a fan of cream in pots because I don't like getting it under my nails, but this is something that I can live with because my skin looks and feels so good. I hope to be using this cream for many years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I wasn't sure that this product would agree with my acne-prone, yet dehydrated skin, which gets irritated whenever I use acne products and further complicated by winter climate. A 60 ml jar is $39 which held me back, but this cream is loaded with so many beneficial ingredients, I thought "whoa, this has to be a bargain compared to Estee, Clinique, or Clarins". The cream (I bought the normal version) is more like a light souffle, and the scent spa-like (neroli and petitgrain essential oils). Partial ingredient list: pomegranate, jojoba, hazelnut oil, wheat extract, cactus extract, jasmine, sugar cane extract, camellia oil, plant milks of lupine, pea, green tea, acacia, almond, coconut, plant saps of mamaku, barbary fig, bamboo, sugar cane and aloe. To quote the package "this new lact-aroma" skin care, with its unique formula of 8 moisturizing and strengthening plant milks and 4 balancing and anti stress essential oils, recreates a moisture reserve within the epidermis. Pomegranate draws up essential water and diffuses it throughout all skin layers' 5 plant saps trap in water to continuously replenish the skin It's delicious texture makes this a daily skincare treatment a delight to use. The skin is bursting with moisture and perfectly hydrated for 24 hours, is supple and soft". This makes and excellent makeup base and having said all this, I can only pray that the product keeps working well for my skin. EDIT Aug 10/07 I have taken a break from this cream as it is too rich for summer use and exacerbated some small breakouts. Will try again as cold weather approaches. EDIT Feb/08 I have dipped into this again and am liking it - a lot. I also use the L'Occitane Precious and VP Cream, but this is lighter and suitable for daytime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by verybridgetjones

I received a sample of this face moisturizer for dry/very dry skin. I LOVED the way it made me skin feel. Very mosturizing and my skin felt soft all day long, my make up even applied smoother. Would love to try the full-size product. Will purchase if I get a chance!

(4 lippies because I'm not crazy about the smell and I haven't used it long enough to see long-term effects. No real complaints though.)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by duducat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry I have to be the minority here that don't find this cream good for my skin. I really wanted to like it cuz I've heard so many compliments. So I tried a sample of this I think two years ago, and it almost suddently turned my cheek very red. I don't have too much sensitive skin, but my skin reacted badly toward this. Now because of the new version the older version has been on sale, and I can't resist the attempt and bought a full size, hoping that two years ago I simply didn't give it enough time. Unfortunately, again, as soon as I put this on, my cheek became very red, and very uncomfortable, so again I had to wash it off 10 minutes later... So, I don't know about the newer version, but I do want to warn the sensitive skinners to try before buying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 11:35:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

This is a review for reformulated creme fraiche de beaute suractivee for normal skin. I've been using this cream for about 6 weeks, and so far, I like it. What I find unique in this cream is its brightening effect. Since I have used this cream, my skin looks a lot brigher, more even and healthier. It is very moisturizing. Overall a great moisturizer. Smells great, too. You can take a look at the ingredient list in www.beaute-test.com. Edit: I still like this cream, but now it feels so heavy on skin (a lot heavier than my first trial phase). strange... I read in beaute-test.com (french version of MUA) that this reformualted cream is a bit richer than original creme fraiche. *Edit again*: This cream finally broke me out with small whitehead/ clogged pores... (thus minus one lippie) In summer weather, it just does not absorb, forming a film on the face. I really don't know why: Did I get a bad batch? or is it because of reformulation? For me, it felt that plant oils and silicones in this cream gradually clogged my pores so that it did not absorb well finally. Sad because it was very moisturizing. If you're breakout prone, be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2006 3:13:00 AM More reviews by youko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love it.This product leaves my skin baby soft.But if you have dry skin, you may find it not hydrated enough in winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2006 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Vegalyn

This is referring to the new "Surattivée"version of the Crème Fraiche: since I was a big fan of the original version (see my initial review further down the list) of this cream, I was eager to try out this new, intensified version.
The new version of the cream is heavier, the texture less souffle-like but still with the same fresh smell. The penetration into the skin is far less than the original version. I felt a greasy layer staying on my skin, even after massaging. For my combination skin, the cream was too much. My t-zone started to shine a few hours after. I kept using it for about 2 weeks, it didn't break me out, but the greasiness is just not acceptable. Quite disappointed.

As all the shops selling this brand is replacing the original version of the cream by the new one, I went out stocking up my favourite cream, in its better, initial version. I got 2 extra pots in my fridge and probably will switch to another product after I finish those.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 5:54:00 AM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It leaves my skin looking healthy and radiant, but not greasy (and I have combination skin which tends toward the oily side if I put on moisturizer). I have been so thrilled with the Nuxe line of moisturizers because they really do seem to have a pore minimizing effect for me as well. I can't explain it, but I absolutely love this moisturizer! And it smells nice, too :)