November 27, 2014 | 1573 users online

Concealers - By Terry - Touch-Expert

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by tortoiseshellcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only last week I ran out of my Chanel concealer pen (it lasted me hardly any time at all-won't re-purchase!) and so bought the Estee Lauder one but wasn't 100% happy-the colour seemed a little light but the next shade too dark and it was slightly drying under my eyes. But having conceded I wouldn't find much better I then saw a big ad for the new By Terry concealer in the window of Space NK so did a bit of research on the internet.
I couldn't find much info-just one (excellent) review on here and the hype in the press (which I'm always dubious of as they are only printing press releases issued by the cosmetics company usually). But the By Terry foundation got good feedback so yesterday I went back to Space NK to have a look (I was still quite sure I wouldn't buy it-after all I'd only just bought the EL one and it was probably no better). As soon as I saw the colour selection though I had to buy one!
Don't be fooled by the photo of the colour range on the ad-they are so much better in reality! I went for number 2 (nude)-number 1 (fair) is more pinky and number 3 (golden) will be ideal for tanned skin (I'm already planning to purchase the golden when I finally get some summer sunshine!)
This concealer is moisturising and gives good coverage. It works well at covering up dark circles and it is light refelctive. I was a little comcerned as the make-up artist who created Touch-Expert also created Touche-Eclat which I'm not that keen on but the SA assured me this is far more moisturising (which it is) and has a much better range of colours (definitely).
Whereas I usually find I have to use a thicker creamy concealer and then go over the top with a highlighter pen to conceal my under-eye shadows, with this it does feel I can get away with just the one product!
So far, I'm v impressed but it is early days-I just wanted to post a review ASAP in case anyone else is undecided about whether to buy. If I change my mind I will come back and edit this post!
Also, just wanted to say, though expensive at 25, you do get more product than in a great many concealer pens-2.5ml, so I don't suppose it's so bad.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Created by the same Lady who created Touch Eclat...

The Pakage is the same that Touch Eclat but in blue shiny lovely tube with Brush included, works with a click, that makes it very hygenic and easy to carry everywhere. I just adore that click on it , it's handy !

In UK comes in 3 Shades: Nude, Fair and Golden. and it costs 25.00.

The good thing about this Concealer is that you can use it under the eyes (because it's gentle enough) as well as to cover up any skin imperfections and gives a better coverage than many around. I never wanted to get 2 different kind of concealers (like Laura Mercier ) for different areas. So this fits the bill nicely for me.

I use it after By Terry Foundation and it's lovely, both gives a nice coverage w/o heaviness and the match for my skin is great.
.........................................................

- Concealers I tried : Laura Mercier Secret Finish, MAC ( Pen ) and Chantecaille
- Skin Tone : MAC NC35.
- Skin Type : DRPW ( Dry, Resistant, Pigmented, Wrinkled )

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No