October 1, 2014 | 1692 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by oumsker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this by chance. Well I was looking for something else, but couldn't find it and I found this one on sale. I thought I'd give it a try...and I'm hooked! I've been putting on all sorts of random makeup with all those hard-to-come-off mascaras and this product still manage to get them all off! I'm impressed.

This is also the first product that doesn't burn my eyes! It's really gentle yet effective. Some people are bothered by the greasy residue it leaves after, but that kind of absorb into my skin 5 minutes after and my skin doesn't feel greasy at all. If anything, it's gone matte with subtle glow that I wish my skin looks like this after I put on makeup! Maybe it's just my dry skin drenching moisture up or something, but I love it! (of course, you have to rinse your face after with the usual cleanser)

I actually like the bottle with just a simple hole that lets the product out in limited amount. I find that you don't waste a lot of product as opposed to regular bottle/container which allows the product to flow freely. Anyway, I'm just in love with this thing. Bye bye red face after rubbing for a long time after makeup removing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by themisanthrope

This stuff is really great, and I got mine from CVS for 6.89 although it is 6 dollars at Sears - this was my first time trying so I picked CVS since Sears has a no return policy on open makeup.

Anyway, I like the bottle. It is blue and pretty and does not leak. The hole is also small so not too much product gets out - this is great for clumsy people. I've spilled my clinique many times, losing at least half of the bottle to the sink - and that stuff is expensive!!!!! I do believe this product works just as well, if not better than Clinique's waterproof remover. It feels.. almost the same - in fact if someone filled up a clinique bottle with some Lumene, I wouldn't notice the difference.

And I wear a full blown smokey eye every day..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by qtinmpls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Lancome's Bi-facil eyemakeup remover. It is really refreshing and works great, but it's really expensive! This is a great and inexpensive alternative and I think it also has a light refreshing feel. I've also used Neutrogena's waterproof eyemakeup remover as well as Clinique's remover, and even though those two work well, I still prefer Lumene. I feel like this one doesn't leave an oily residue at all. And again, you can't beat the price. I find it at Ulta or a drugstore for usually buy 1 get one 50% off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the one makeup remover that I always buy again. It's inexpensive and works like a charm. Right now I also own the Lancome bi-facil eye makeup remover and I gotta say..these two products are identical. So save your money and buy the Lumene one. I'm taking off one lippie though because if I wear intense pink/red eyeshadow the removal is a bit harder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have pretty sensitive eyes and I am a contact lens wearer.This is the best eyemakeup remover Ive used so far. I wear very resistant makeup, shiseido mascara base with MUFE smoky lash on top, occasionally lash flirt on top of all of that lol, and if it is raining, benefit's she laq to seal it all lol.
This remover is very oily and will remove the last traces of your eyemakeup. It didnt irritate my eyes one bit.
I use it by taking a cotton pad, running under water, squeezing out the excess and then putting some of the remover on it, hold it on the eye for a few seconds and gently wiping.
Sometimes i need two cotton pads per eye but that doesnt bother me (its not due to the remover but due to the cotton pad becoming soaked with eye makeup)
What I really dislike though is the oily residue thats left behind. I have to use a gentle foaming cleanser to get rid of the oiliness.
The packaging is great as it has a plastic stopper with a hole in the middle of the top of the bottle to dispense just the right amount, unlike clinique which you have to be veeery careful with due to the huge opening.
The price is pretty cheap considering how long it lasts me, about a month or maybe even longer, the longest out of any eyemakeup remover ive ever had. I have repurchased a few times and will definitely repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I picked this up when CVS were out of my regular remover and didn't expect much to be honest. I was really surprised when this took my makeup off faster and easier than every product I have tried. This leaves my skin soft, but not oily, I don't need to tug at my lashes to remove makeup and it takes EVERYTHING off. I don't wake up with makeup smears under my eyes like I do with Neutrogena's remover.I have sensitive allergy-prone eyes and this didn't affect me at all.I have already gone out and bought a replacment bottle and I would highly reccomend this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by krisah375

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use Clinique eye makeup remover, but this is far FAR better. This gets the job done with out a huge mess and leaves very little oily residue. Clinique's was too greasy.
I got this on sale at CVS. Comes in the separated layers which I think looks so cool :-) This is good for removing all of your makeup or just for correcting a mistake-- just turn the bottle upside down and a drop or two come out onto a q-tip. The best feature of this product is the opening "dispenser" which stops you from using too much, and a little bit goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by cjcc

This is the closest e/m remover to the d/c Ponds. Easily takes off e/m without irritation. Going to stock on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by plf1988

This stuff is unbelievable. HG for sure. It is the only eye m/u remover I have used that takes EVERYTHING off, and fast!! I will repurchase this over and over. Leaves a bit of oily film that is easily wiped off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by FaceGrab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought that previous reviews were exaggerating the fact that absolute away could be compared to Lancome Bi-Facil Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. To my surprise, this eye makeup remover works (honestly) AS WELL AS LANCOME BI FACIL. If you don't believe it, just try it. It's awesome. I couldn't believe it. I'm so impressed, and yes I wear waterproof mascara (like 3 coats) and it gets my Stila Smudgepot liner and Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliner off with like 3 swipes!! Let the cotton ball/pad sit on your closed eye for like 30 seconds and remove.