April 18, 2014 | 1961 users online

Pressed Powders - TheBalm - Sexy Mama

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Isa1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I only use this in my T-zone.

It really is just a setting powder - it doesn`t provide a silky finish like some other powders can do for me.
This is both a plus and a minus; the plus is that the foundation finish doens`t change - and it really doen`t give any colour.
The minus is of course that a silky veil finish is very pretty(but also very often breaks me out, and can face in strange ways during the evening)

I read a review that warned against putting on to much/several times, and I agree.
It looks good(gives a matte finish nothing more and nothing less) if I put some on - but gives a strange finish when I put on too much(and by too much I mean what I would normally apply if it was a ordinary powder).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet! I've had this powder close to a year now and while I've definitely made a dent, I haven't hit pan even with everyday use and a few touchups.

I have fair, dry, sensitive skin but no acne (just mild redness), although my skin can look a little shiny on occasion despite its dryness. I don't wear foundation, just a bit of highlighting concealer around my nose, chin, and under eyes, and this is perfect to set the concealer and give a soft matte glowy look to my skin. I don't look shiny ever with this on but it doesn't give a flat look, more like a soft velvety diffused look. It does a great job at blurring pores and giving an even look to the skin without looking cakey (even after multiple touchups!) and I don't feel the need to reapply it during the day :) One light application with a buffing brush in the morning and I am good to go :)

Packing is so cute with the retro vibe and since it's truly translucent, it gives no white cast in photos.

Here's to flawless skin with TheBalm's Sexy Mama!

**I will most likely repurchase if I can find it as I bought it on sale when thebalm was being cleared from my local drugstore. I kind of want to try Mac MSFN so I may not repurchase but it definitely is worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by idontkara

Love this product. Cute packaging and perfect for touch-ups during the day, stays matte without ever looking cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by shimmergirl1123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at TJ Maxx for $9.99 in a set that also came with Bahama Mama bronzer and Hot Mama blush. I like this powder a lot. I have pretty oily skin and this works much better for oil control than Maybelline Dream Matte in my opinion. Color will work for everyone, which is great. Overall, a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by JustinBiebersChestHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic powder! Great for setting foundation or for touch-ups. It gives an airbrushed finish and absorbs shine without looking powdery or cakey. It seems to be pretty translucent, but I'm very fair so I can't say how it would work for darker skintones. The only real downside is the packaging - it's very cute, but the cardboard is flimsy so it doesn't protect the product well from breakage if you carry it in your purse (plus it pops open easily), and you have to use your own brush to apply it - there's no compartment for a sponge/puff. It's also a little pricey for as quickly as I go through it. Still, I love this enough that I've repurchased it several times and will continue to buy it in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by VelvetTeddyXo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Has 0 color which is perfect for me since my skintone is always changing from sunless tanner. Even when I'm really tan it's totally invisble. I get a little oily on my nose, forehead, and eyelids and this powder stops that. The packaging is a cute pin-up style box with a mirror inside. I paid full price for it and would say it's worth it. It does everything it claims to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by alldaygirl

I really like this. It works well for me. No color & has a great MAtte finish. I use it for midday touch-ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this poweder for setting foundation. I have combination/oily skin and I also live in a humid climate. This is truly a translucent powder that helps me keep my makeup looking good at least 8 hours. I took one lippie off because of the packaging, I think for the price packaging should be a bit nicer. Also, I don't think the powder is incredible quality, it is good but I was expecting something more for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I only recently discovered TheBalm products and am in total love with this brand. I have yet to be disappointed with this line. This powder is so soft, blend able, long wearing and naturally lovely looking. I thought it was going to be too dark for my skin but it truly is translucent. Don't let the color fool you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

One of my all time FAVORITE powders. This powder is in the Holy Grail class to me. I use it every single day and always keep myself stocked with extras of these. They are easy to travel with, from going to work and quickly placing in your purse to packing in luggage. Depending on what foundation I am using as my base, this powder can act translucent and simply matte my T-zone, help with redness (as I am a very red-prone girl) or it can add a little color and be used for very soft contouring/cheek color.
Like others have said, it won't keep you matte for too long and that's the only problem I have with it. But besides that, this powder is worth giving a try and I will continue to repurchase it as long as it's being made.