September 17, 2014 | 1295 users online

Toners - Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this, and it works great. Tightens up pores, reduces puffiness under the eyes (if you use caffienated tea). Keeps oil at bay. Dirt cheap. Great recommendation... thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I drink a cup of green tea every morning and then I use the tea bag for my eyes and as a toner. First I take the tea bag out of the tea and put it in a cup with a couple of icecubes while I'm drinking my tea. Then later when the icecubes have melted I put the cold tea bag on my eyes for a minute (following with a moisturizer). Then I rub the cold teabag all over my face. It wakes my whole face up and gives it a nice glow. I usually have puffy eyes and face in the morning and this greatly helps. I don't really break out too much so I don't know how much it helps with acne, but it does seem to help with redness and oiliness. Either way I love the experience every morning, it wakes me right up! Just make sure to follow up with a moisturizer and eyecream when your finished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For those that suffer with the occasional deep cystic chin acne bumps (the ones that feel like a piece of corn under their skin) that won't come to a head.

This helped me...I brewed a cup of green tea, took out the tea bag, let cool slightly and applied it right over like a compress over the bump for around 10 minutes or so. The next morning I slightly pressed around the bump and it broke open to release the most gross watery yellow puss, etc. It liked liquified it.

So not sure if I caught it at the right time, or if it could of been any tea bag or the hot compress. Regardless, it was such I relief as I know those things can hang around for weeks and weeks. If it doesn't work the first night, just repeat every night to catch it at the right time.

Now it's peeling a little and healing which is fine by me. Those things are from hell.

I don't use this as a toner yet, maybe I'll try sometime.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by babyaimy00

I actually use green tea leaves that are bought from a tin can. I add bits of tea leaves into a cup of boiling water, cover the cup with a small plate to keep it warm, and let rest for approximately 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, I take the tea leaves and scatter them flat all over my problem areas (areas with large pores and acne). I leave them on until they fall off on their own. This has really helped with my adult acne. The pimples became less angry, and pores more refined. I haven't tried green tea bags but I am assuming it would give a similar result. Tea leaves I bought from a tin can was bought in China, so unfortunately some of you won't be able to purchase the same item.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by JOM1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hi I was reading through some of the comments about use of Green Tea for skin care. I recently started using green tea on my skin as I am hyper sensitive to most products and have very dry skin. I noticed that a few people were saying they found their skin drier and or inflamed with pimples. I noticed that I had to use an unbleached teabag to make any difference to my skin and I would suggest that people try to make sure the tea they use is brewed in an unbleached teabag or make your own from looseleaf tea. I have very paleskin and suffer from dark circles under my eyes and I have definately found that using a green tea soaked cotton makeup pad has improved my dark circles.
My husband has very oily and sallow skin and he is prone to pimples but has found that using sage tea has always worked wonders on his skin. Sage tea is also a natural astringent so this is what helps with the pimples.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by awc1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Every morning and evening I wash my face in pure green tea and rub the tea bag all over my face for good measure. It has done more over the last few weeks of constant use than any expensive product I have ever used. As a man I have to shave regularly and as I have extremely sensitive skin this can be a real nightmare for me. However, over the last few weeks my skin has been stronger and I have noticed less redness and razor burn/ bumps than I usually get, my skin also feels much more toned and strong. the only reason I started washing my face in green tea was because I didnt like the taste but still wanted my face to feel the benefits. Due to my very sensitive skin I know actually shave using water with green tea bags in it and it has made a massive difference. I have also noticed blemishes and spots have almost vanished. My skin does feel quite dry after using it but this can be simply stopped by using a good non fragranced moisteriser.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried using green tea on my face and it looked really good -- tightened my pores and made it look smooth. But, but, but...it gave me 2 boils.

Background: I don't have acne anymore (for many many years) but certain things can break me out if I use them on my skin (OCM or a very comedogenic ingredient). I also have sensitive skin, but not super sensitive. My skin is on the dry side.

After I put this on it didn't burn or anything but I never get burning on my skin anyway. But right away I noticed a red raised spot (within a few minutes of applying). I thought it was nothing.

I then slept with the green tea on and woke up to two more red, raised marks, but the one was the size of a dime! Horrors. I knew it was from the green tea. That was a day and a half ago and the boils are almost gone after stopping the green tea.

I know I'm not allergic to green tea because I drink it daily and have drunk it for years. But on my skin is a different matter. It does something to it. I didn't use it in conjunction with anything else and it's the only thing I changed. The fact that I got one immediately after applying it tells me it was a reaction to the GT. I'm disappointed because I really liked the idea of applying antioxidants directly to my skin, but it's a no-go for me.

The green tea was organic, btw.

So, I think people should use it briefly at first just in case they may get a reaction like I did and do not sleep with it on until you know it won't irritate you or cause boils. I shouldn't have used something new on my face while sleeping since it is like 8 hours and sleep is when your skin regenerates. I'll never apply this again. Like I said, I haven't had acne since 2004 and this took me right back to that pain, though I think they were allergic boils, they looked like monster cysts.

I will continue to drink it though.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by gaelicas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This had been an skin saver for me. I suffer from cystic acne since I was 20 (now I am 43) and I have tried everything out there without success: salycilic acid, glycolic acid, mandaleic acid, aspirin mask, hydrogen peroxide, benzoil peroxide, tea tree oil, acv, oil cleansing method, lemmon juice... How could I have imagined that something so cheap and simple could made such a difference in my life. After reading the reviews here, I started applying the green tea as a toner (mixed with rose water) a couple of times a day. After feeling how my skin was calming down, I decided to drink a cup of green tea after lunch everyday. It took just one week to get rid of all my active cystic pimples. The results were so amazing that, after the first two weeks, I added another cup of tea at night. Today it's been a month since I started this "natural treatment" and I haven't had a single cyst, just a couple of small pimples at that time of the month, and they healed in one day. I don't know if the effect will last forever, but I will keep on using green tea as long as it works for me.

I have to comment that I've also gotten rid of all my products with SLS (face cleanser, shower gel and shampoo) and I stop using products with cones or oils. This is my beauty routine since I started using green tea:
- Face cleanser (morning and night): Orjene Organics, CoQ10 Olive Vitale, Foaming Face Wash.
- Toner (morning and night): DIY toner with 3 parts of organic green tea (prepared with two bags of tea in just 1 oz. of filtered water, brewed for 45 min) and 1 part of rose water & glycerin (from Heritage Products). I keep it in a blue spray bottle in the fridge, and I prepare a new batch every week to avoid bacterial contamination.
- Moisturizer (morning and night): Orjene Organics, CoQ10 Olive Vitale, Age Recovery Serum.
- Mask (once a week): Auromere, Rejuvenating Mud Bath & Mask.

The organic green tea I'm using is from Now Foods and I buy it on iHerb.com for just 3.54$ (box of 30 bags). On this on-line shop I also buy all the other products of my routine. If you use the code LOP266 at checkout, you can save 5$ on your first order.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by eshleic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have struggled for the last 4 years with breakouts but not anymore! My skin is getting better and better every morning I look in the mirror and I simply had to share!
Ladies, try it! it may not be any help when it is put on your face (it didn't do much for me) but drink a cup of it every morning (with a bit of lemon) and observe the wonders it does for your face and not to mention, your whole entire body! I cannot say how long it will be effective for you but it took me a week to see the result of it!
Also remember though to exercise and flush away all the toxins in your body - it'll speed up the process and it'll be good for you anyways(:
GOOD LUCK!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Shin786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

let me give you some background info on my skin- ive suffered from acne since i was 17 and the ONLY thing to have cleared it was Dianette, however it was not a long term solution as i gained a few hefty pounds whilst on it! My skin also stayed clear during pregnancy and breastfeeding but once i stopped the acne came his back! I took antibiotics which helped for 6 months ago but soon stopped working!! like life isnt full of problems already and to then deal with acne on top of that?! wheres the justice i say? out of sheer desperation i splased out on really expensive skin treatments, products, peels etc. I probably spent around a thousand pounds in total but without too much success. after having read some reviews on green tea i thought 'what the hell? i'll give this a shot too! along with zince supplements and acv. well after drinking green tea for over a month (mixed with manuka honey as its tastes rank otherwise) i can report its calmed my skin down! i have 2 active spots as im typing this but nothing major. also when i do breakout they aren't throbbing pus filled planets..they're smaller and heal quicker. im by no means cured and now i have a million scars to deal with but i'm not constantly staring into a handheld mirror and crying to myself all the while acting like a hermit who is afraid to scare the world and leave the house!! so hope this review helps guys and if anyone can give me some info on how to treat scars i'll be much obliged!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No