Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

green tea (tea bags or leaves), preferably organic. step 1: brew a cup and drink. step 2: massage the used tea bag on cleansed face :D or:: you can refrigerate the teabags to use them cold, or use a cotton ball dipped in the tea on your face rather than teabags...whatever you feel comfortable with :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually didn't like using green tea as a toner at all.
The reason I put five stars is because green tea works absolute WONDERS for my eye bags.
First I'll talk about why I don't like this as a toner:
-I really don't see the point of toners in the first place but decided to try this anyway since i had green tea in my house
-after I cleansed my face (with oatmeal btw. WORKS WONDERS FOR ACNE), I took a green tea bag that I had made tea with already, and just wiped it all over my face.
-It felt strange, and tightening, and ended up really drying out and irritating my skin.
-also, if you don't apply it carefully, you'll get clumps of green gunk in some places. o.0

so I guess this toner is best for people with more oily skin? idk. I just didn't like it because it dryed out my already dry skin, and didn't really help my acne.

but anways, GREEN TEA BAGS ARE MY HOLY GRAIL FOR PUFFINESS.
what I do every morning is I use two tea bags to make some tea and then freeze the tea bags for about 15 minutes. Then, I lay down with my head propped up a little, and I place the tea bags on my eyes.
I leave them on my eyes for 10 minutes. listening to music can help keep track of time because each song is about 3-4 minutes so I usually listen to about 3 songs and then take the tea bags off.
I have the worst bag problem that I have ever seen on anyone my age, and every time i do this tea bag treatment, my eyes are completely TRANSFORMED.
best thing ever.
I have tried eye creams for my bags and they didn't do shit. I have also tried black tea. it worked quite well but not nearly as well as the green tea <3.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love green tea , i remember since i started to drink green tea i didn't break out that much ,i stopped drinking it for like 5 months because i have braces and green tea actually stained my bottom teeth ,i mean when you have braces its a little harder to cleanse properly when you don't have braces and i had dental cleaning on my teeth so i was hesitated to drink the green tea ,but oh my gosh i think since when i stopped drinking it i have been breaking out more frequently soo i actually decided yesterday to start drinking it again , I also use it topical ,.,i use it as a toner with Apple cider vinegar and i have seen improvement in my complexion ,.,Overall i feel like green tea is great for the skin for the antioxidants and how it cleanses the body and how it reduces breakouts,.,i don't know how it does it, but it works! I recommend it :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I switch between using rosewater and this (I like putting a few drops of rosewater right on the chilled teabag sometimes) and I've found that nothing has helped clear my skin up and make my skin look more radiant than my new skincare routine. I use honey to cleanse, rosewater and/or green tea teabag to tone, and cheap Neutrogena moisturizer to moisturize. The teabags really help my dark circles and they help bring down the puffiness of my obnoxiously puffy eye bags. I think it helps me with acne, too, to be honest, I haven't been breaking out at all. I would suggest caution because all products have a chance of producing negative results, but for the most part, I recommend this for all people, even those with sensitive skin. One other thing, green tea is delicious and good for you and putting more fluids into your body will help with your skin, too. :)

i ADORE green tea! Listen up GUYS & girls of course, but in particular guys who suffer shaving irritation! Green tea is anti inflammatory so if you wipe te teabag gently over your skin after shaving its going to soothe and if the teabag is cold, help seal the pores again. I use this day and night as a toner before moisturiser and i will never purchase toner again, i use many high end products but i genuinely believe there will be few high end toners that work as effectivley as this based on its antioxidant content and price alone.

Also, for people who suffer shaving irritation, another thing you might have in your cupboard that may help, extra virgin olive oil, a good pump, apply it to semi damp skin, and shave in the shower, then pat dry face, apply green tea toner and there you go, hopefully irritation solved, in my case anyhow :) good luck!

Using a mildly warm-cool green tea bag works wonders on cystic acne and helps get rid of these bad spots in a matter of days(nearly instantly helping with the pain and pressure caused by swelling and helping reduce the redness) rather than weeks to months that they take to heal on their own. I also find that it helps even my skin tone and reduce the redness across my cheeks, and makes the pores appear smaller.

I haven't tried this topically, but I've been drinking 1 or 2 mugs of green tea per day for about two months now. I had an awful reaction to a product (Paula's Choice BHAs) and was trying everything (except more topicals - I was and still am terrified of them now) to help ease my breakout. I don't know if the green tea itself has a tremendous effect, but drinking green tea in conjunction with drinking about a gallon of water daily, cutting out dairy and sugar, taking some olive leaf extract and raw organic Manuka honey, eating more fruits and vegetables and almost no refined foods, and getting enough rest seems to really have helped my skin, and body in general. I used to have clear skin, but still the way to maintain that was to use salicylic acid products and benzoyl peroxide. If I didn't use my salicylic acid toner and leave-on product and benzoyl peroxide, I would get breakouts. Now, being terrified of topicals since Paula's Choice, I have not been medicating my face at all, just cleansing and moisturizing, and sometimes toning (all free of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide). My skin is by no means perfect but I am quite proud of it for not breaking out terribly even though I'm not medicating it. I really do think the tea and diet, sleep and general healthy lifestyle are contributing.

I realize after writing this that this isn't really an appropriate place for this "review" but acne is the devil and if this can help anyone, then great. I was a little skeptical of the whole natural thing before, but it really does seem to help. Plus it seems that acne, while it has always been in existence, is much more pervasive these days. I am sure it has at least something to do with our disgusting western diets and lifestyles, and probably too all the products we put on our faces. Anyway...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am in the minority here. I used a cooled tea bag on my face after drinking the tea. My cheeks immediately broke out into a red, itchy, bumpy rash! I may try it again one day on just my eye area. I gave it 3 lippies for being cheap, versatile, and easy to find. Glad it works for most people.

I would buy this product again... but not for my face ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tried this, and it works great. Tightens up pores, reduces puffiness under the eyes (if you use caffienated tea). Keeps oil at bay. Dirt cheap. Great recommendation... thanks!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I drink a cup of green tea every morning and then I use the tea bag for my eyes and as a toner. First I take the tea bag out of the tea and put it in a cup with a couple of icecubes while I'm drinking my tea. Then later when the icecubes have melted I put the cold tea bag on my eyes for a minute (following with a moisturizer). Then I rub the cold teabag all over my face. It wakes my whole face up and gives it a nice glow. I usually have puffy eyes and face in the morning and this greatly helps. I don't really break out too much so I don't know how much it helps with acne, but it does seem to help with redness and oiliness. Either way I love the experience every morning, it wakes me right up! Just make sure to follow up with a moisturizer and eyecream when your finished.

For those that suffer with the occasional deep cystic chin acne bumps (the ones that feel like a piece of corn under their skin) that won't come to a head.

This helped me...I brewed a cup of green tea, took out the tea bag, let cool slightly and applied it right over like a compress over the bump for around 10 minutes or so. The next morning I slightly pressed around the bump and it broke open to release the most gross watery yellow puss, etc. It liked liquified it.

So not sure if I caught it at the right time, or if it could of been any tea bag or the hot compress. Regardless, it was such I relief as I know those things can hang around for weeks and weeks. If it doesn't work the first night, just repeat every night to catch it at the right time.

Now it's peeling a little and healing which is fine by me. Those things are from hell.

I don't use this as a toner yet, maybe I'll try sometime.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products