July 29, 2014 | 1970 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by maureenheather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Funny how most of the people who like this TM so far are over 25! I'm 44 but told I look in my mid-30s. But my formerly VERY oily skin is now starting to dry out, and both liquid and powder foundations that once managed my oil now make my skin look flaky, scaly and blah. For example, based on glowing reviews here on MUA, I recently tried the new Revlon spa foundation. UGH! Instead of glowing on my skin, it dried me out and made me look totally lackluster. So after years of never using moisturizers, I'm venturing into the world of TMs. I just picked up this Physicians Formula organic one yesterday at my local CVS-- it was 40% off and well worth the $7. I love how it looks on my skin-- gives me a nice, even coverage with just a hint of dewiness. I dabbed a little concealer on wherever the coverage wasn't adequate, like on fading pimples and rosacea. I bought it in Light-Neutral and it's fine for my skin tone, but II like it so much, I'm going back today to buy the next shade darker for when I have some summer color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by royal_bee17

I just got this and I like it so far. It came with a free natural mascara ( Ah, having nothing to do has its perks) AND it was on sale (I'm actually proud of myself! LOL) I got it in the "Fair to Light" shade. At first the smell really bothered me. It's very herbally, but then it just grew on me. Don't let the smell take away from the product. Now for consistency, I can't say there. I never, no matter how many chemicals it may have, have had the "mask,cakey" feeling that people describe with other foundations. I'm not sure why. My skin feels really soft though. I didn't bother to notice that it's cover, (For some reason the big ol' TINTED MOISTURIZER just didn't get through. So my the acne on my t-zone was only slightly blurred. I must say though, this gave me an amazing glow! My skin just looks so good and healthy. I just LOVE the fact that it's natural too! It does its job of being a tinted moisturizer, with the perks of being natural AND it has SPF 15! I say give this product a shot! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by bcake86

I tried this, and I couldent get past the medicinal smell. I had to wash it off. I though going organic would have less fragrance, but it had a powerfull aroma that never seemed to fade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by kak513

First of all, I must admit that until I went to search for the official name on this on their website, I didn't realize this was a tinted mousturizer, I just thought it was a regular foundation. Pretty good coverage for a tinted mousturizer, I must say! However, this isn't exactly perfect stuff.
This is really runny - thinner than a milkshake, drips through my fingers during application runny. This was after forgetting to shake it up like the instructions mention, and then after shaking it up. No difference. Second, and I'm sure this will be a love/hate aspect, it reeks of tea tree oil and tingles upon application, but not for long. Frankly, I find it rather refreshing. Coverage is quite decent - better than the similar tinted moisturizer by Jane. I find that the lightest color is a little too dark for me, but it will probably work by the end of summer. What I hate is how absolutely GREASY this stuff is. And that it sets so quickly that it's hard to spread around before it's dried on my face. I had to do two coats today to even everything out. You will end up with the dewiest complexion ever witnessed by human eyes. Really strange how that happens. It's sort of matte right after application, but when two or three minutes pass, it enters super-glowification. I used some mineral veil today to see if that helped any, and it did momentarily. Less than two hours later, I had to blot with absorbing sheets. It looks great after blotting, but I'm not sure it's worth the upkeep.
Organic makeup is a great idea, but this still needs some tweaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by mcpalin08

None of us need be surprised by the sheer coverage- that's the point of tm, right? Gives a ysbb enhancement. The finish is satiny, but never greasy /sparkly. I have very unfortunate skin texture, and this product diffuses light in a lovely way to help negate it. Need flaw coverage? This pairs nicely with concealer, and even over other foundations to add it's subtle glow of health to your cheeks.
The fragrance is a result of the lavender and botanicals. It's refreshingly real, especially in a marketplace bursting with Jersey noxiousness. Every time I use it, I feel a little positive jolt both because it is a more supportive choice for my body, and it doesn't force any compromise on cosmetic elegance. I wish it had a flip cap, or a pump. At apx.$12 usd, is more costly than many ds items, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad product, but I think I just don't appreciate tinted moisturizer. In general, I prefer applying my moisturizer, and then just applying powder for some coverage. This product hardly gave any coverage, but it was very moisturizing. The smell did not bother me, either. It is supposed to be natural without artificial fragrance so it obviously won't smell like perfume. I think this product would be better suited for drier skin types. My normal/combination skin was almost too greasy after applying this product in the morning. I doubt I would repurchase since I seldom use it, and what I do have will last me a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

I am a huge fan of PF's pressed mineral powder! So when the raves about this TM started buzzing, I had to check it out. First impressions were negative. The consistency is thin & you have to watch out when opening the tube so product doesn't dribble out. Might have been better in a pump. Next, I was struck by the herbal lavender-teatree"ish" scent. Very noticeable at first, tho it does fade. BUT...I played with this & after a few tries I found that if I apply with fingers, the result is a very dewy look. If I use my duo stippling brush, it's less so. By far, I prefer the brush! A dusting of rice powder over top & it's perfection. As a bonus, it is a good base for concocting. If I put on my mixmaster's hat & sprinkle in pigment or my favorite MMU powder, I can increase coverage to a full foundation. Or create a really nice highlighter or bronzer. Handy multi-tasker! SUMMARY: Won me over after I tried different application techniques. Feels light and wears comfortably on my skin. No bad reactions. Overall, I give it a 4.5, taking a lippie off for the packaging. A thin liquid would have done better in a pump tho I understand the eco-conscious goal. The odd scent is just not my cup of tea. Worth trying, for sure. Awesome to find a silicone-free, paraben-free option.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lacunainc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Alright, so I love everything about this except the color. It looks way too yellow on me. I really wish it didn't have to be like that--it caused no breakouts, is pretty decent priced, and best of all--natural! The application was great, and it left a nice dewy finish. It does rub off fairly easily. I won't buy again, but only because of the color--I highly recommend if the color works for you, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by gigglygal1o1

This is a great tinted moisturizer. It moisturizes the skin while subtly evening and enhancing skin tone. It only lightly covers imperfections, but that is what I expect from a tinted moisturizer. The SPF 15 and organic ingredients are great, too!! I like applying this with a makeup sponge, though, because it can sometimes be too runny otherwise. Overall, a great product! I would repurchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

I have a few problems with this product.

I bought this in the lightest shade (Fair to Light) and it's actually a bit dark on me and too pink. The scent is OK, I could do without. It's a pretty overpowering botanical lavendar scent... It lingers on the skin for quite a while. The TM is really runny and it takes a long time to settle in so you deal with a sticky face unless you set with a powder.

My main problem with the Organic Wear TM is that it contains a lot of alcohol in it which is really shocking. If you read the ingredient list, the alcohol content in this is quite a bit. With this being said... my skin and this TM just aren't friends. I've tried to use this on and off especially since I'm running out of my old TM and it's currently summer. However the alcohol in this dries my skin out really bad it also itches. My last attempt to test this out, my face turned patchy red and I was getting bumps all over my face.. and it was just very uncomfortable/itchy. I'm more than certain I'm allergic to it. I'm not one to have sensitive skin, I can use most foundations and even mineral makeup (including PF's). This doesn't happen often so it was really surprising I was reacting so badly to an claimed Organic product. The only d/s TM I've had luck with is the CoverGirl Advance Radiance.. Organic or not at least when using that I never felt like I was trying to slowly burn my face off. Stay away from this if you have sensitive skin or just don't want a tube of alcohol rubbed on your face.