Physicians Formula Shimmer strips custom eye enhancing shadow & liner

3.9

on 5/11/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the Smokey Green Eyes (purple, gray and green) and it's really nice! I love things that are created for green eyes. The colours are sheer and wearable during the day. They are sheen-y and not very pigmented. But I actually like that since I can wear it during the day too. It's great for travel. Even though there are a couple of shades, they are pretty similar and you won't be able to tell the difference on the eyes. (btw the pictures they show on the packaging are a bit false - you won't get such a dramatic look) Overall, I love the pre-coordinated shadows that bring out my green eyes, I'd definitelly buy again.

on 5/7/2009 4:28:00 PM

I have hazel eyes, but I bought the kit for brown b/c violet makes my eyes sparkle. I really like this; it's the kind of thing you can just pick up and use on an everyday basis. The package is sturdy, although it would be better if the hinge was on the side of the case instead of the top, and if they topped it off with a mirror it would practically be perfect. The angled applicator is a little strange to me, but there was room in the tray for me to add a regular double-ended one. The shades are really sheer, and I find them more shimmery than glittery, so they're fine for work--I haven't tried lining my eyes or doing any other special stuff with them, though. Lasting power is only average, but I blot my face with a tissue or paper towel a couple of times a day anyway, so I just blot my eyelids as well, and that helps. The bottom line: in the couple of months I've had this kit, it's become one of my most frequently used eyeshadows. And if I ever ran out, or find myself in the midst of a shadow shortage, I would def. repurchase.
EDIT: I've downgraded this from 4 to 3, b/c it's turned out to be mediocre--nothing special. The champagne shade is too shimmery to use much, and, except for the darkest color, the two lavender colors are pretty much the same. I haven't used to browns much, although they're fairly good everyday colors. You can actually use the point of the applicator to line your upper lid, but you have to beware of fallout. I'm finding myself tempted by the newer "pop" shades in this line, but my experience with this palette has made me wary of spending the money on them.

on 4/27/2009 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually really like this product. I bought it at Walgreens on sale and I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I have the palette for brown eyes. The colors are really shimmery, which I actually like. The palette also provides a lot of versatility since there are six different shades of eyeshadow and three shades of liner. I would definitely buy this again.

on 4/22/2009 10:36:00 PM

I bought this at Walgreens. All I can say that its not that great.
I would not buy it again. It's too glittery for me and I like sheen shimmer not chunky shimmer. And I was expecting sheen from this product:( Plus it doesn't stick very well to the stick I get fluff of powder pieces around my eye not good:( I only dab my brush in it lighty and the shadow breaks up in tiny chunks. Who knows maybe I got a bad one but mehh...
I'd rather spend extra money on something better

on 4/13/2009 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i got this in the smokey brown eyes palette. i really like it, but i don't seem to use all the colors. the dark brown is nice, and it works well wet as a liner.
also, i dropped the palette the first day i got it on a tile floor and it didn't break or crack! the brush that it comes with is pretty bad though.

on 4/9/2009 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this product for green eyes. It's a little bit expensive for what you get, in my opinion, but is a nice palette. It features several premade 'looks,' which are okay, but I tend to use the colours individually, most of the time. Most of the colours are lacking pigmentation and appear on me as a sheer wash of colour with tons of shimmer (and I'm fairly pale. I doubt this would show up on darker or tan complexions). When using only this palette for a look, it tends to be shimmer overload.

on 3/25/2009 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Picked this up based on the reviews here at MUA & am very happy with it so far. I wanted a basic no-fuss small e/s palette for when I travel (having mislaid my expensive huge Ben Nye custom one on a trip overseas), so chose the brown eyes palette when it was 40% off at Walgreens (PF seems to be on sale somewhere every few weeks, so it wasn't a big deal to wait; for $7 the amount of shadow & quality of the compact this is a really nice deal, but even at full price I think these are worth it).

I like the lucite packaging, its chic & modern & looks like it won't easily break if dropped. The brush is pretty useless & I use my own, but the shadows are great. Pretty, light, shimmery washes that brighten my eye, make me look alert & don't look overdone, particularly for work. For a quick eye I just use my finger tip to blend a wash shade on my lid & then add a little highlighter. For something more "done" I add one of the two darkest shades in the crease & as a liner brushed in my lashes. These wear pretty well on their own for me, but definitely hold up all day without creasing with a primer underneath. I'm currently on a jag of using GOSH's waterproof shadesticks as a base, but these are a bit shimmery & emphasize the shimmer in the PF shadows, though they still work. A matte base like UDPP looks more natural, but whatever you use I find these PF shadows need to be well blended or they'll make your eyes look crepey or crease.

I've been wearing this non-stop since I bought it, & I'm really tempted to get the hazel eyes palette too, though its not really that different - the brown one has golden cream/brown/warm purple shades; the hazel looks like neutral taupes & slightly cooler plums. If I have one criticism of this its that the brown palette is a bit short on crease shades (there are only two & they are on the light side), but the smokey eye palettes provide these, so maybe I'll get one of them instead. One warning - don't expect these shadows to provide a big color jolt, they won't - these are sheer, light shades that can look almost like you aren't wearing shadow, they just enhance the tone of your skin unless you pack them on & then they are very, very shimmery (please note, these are called SHIMMER strips for a reason!). That's fine for me, since I want that kind of look, but it may not be what you are looking for.

on 3/11/2009 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

First off, this is a very expensive product in my country but after reading the reviews on MUA i decided to purchase the palette for green eyes. I love the colours and I play around with them alot exactly what I saw in the instructions in the back of the packaging. I also get alot of compliments from my co-workers and friends on how much they're loving my eyes however by the end of the work day it doesnot look as if im not wearing any eyeshadow.Guess I'll have to purchase a primer. I do plan on buying the palette for brown eyes for my sister.hope she loves it! Oh and this is sooooooo much better than the Almay for green eyes (what a waste of money that was)

on 1/25/2009 5:49:00 PM

I bought the Hazel Eyes shimmer strip and I love it. The colors look great on me and I love the fact that I can mix and match them. The shadows have a little shimmer to them but I don't think it's over whelming. I have used the shadows both dry and wet and it looks great either way. The colors blend well and last a long time which is a huge plus for me. I love that there are so many different looks that I can get out of this one compact. This is one that I'll buy again.

These were ok. The pigments were lousy, mostly just the sparkle would come on to the skin, and that was when I used Urban Decays Eye Primer. The packaging is kinda annoying, they should have put a small mirror in the lid of the shadows. Just not the quality I am used to with other Physicians Formula items I have used.