October 25, 2014 | 1790 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

as much as i want to love this, it does not look good on me. it looks kind of chalky and artificial almost... instead of using this as a highlighter, i utilize it as eye shadow more. the lightest shade as brow bone highlight and other shades on the lid. i have yet found a suitable highlighter for my skin. i have tried lorac spotlight...which did not look good and i own nars albatross, which is too yellowy, shimmery so i am currently not using highlighter and use a light shimmery/ brightening blush towards the top of the cheekbones to give a glowy effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by amoxon

I LOVE this product. I initially found out about this through a makeup tutorial with Mille Mackintosh, and I immediately went out to buy it. I was surprised it wasn't out with all the other products on the counter, I had to ask the MUA for it, and she said this was because they are discontinuing it! I really hope they don't do this.

I swipe this over my cheeks, underneath eyebrows and a bit on the top of my forehead and it's beautiful. Really complements any blush, and perfect for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this about a week ago but I am LOVING it! I have oily skin so I never bought highlighters before, why emphasize something I want to hide? But then I got a foundation that took all glow away, so I had to buy one. This is great!! I am Clinique Alabaster, BE Fair, very pale, pink undertones so I was surprised that the Amber Diamond looked amazing on me! It goes on like a dream and blends so easily onto the skin and lasts a long time (even after a baseball game in st. louis heat)! I have even been using the two darkest colors on my eyes as a base and crease color. It is a great value and will last forever! And it comes in a nice little velvet pouch to add to the luxury feel! I will probably get the Rose Diamond one as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by momogul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after watching Pixi2woo glowing-bronze tutorial. It gives a beautiful sheen to the skin. I like to use this as highlighter under the brow bone than those regular MAC shadows. Very beautiful, you should get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by esmeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What an amazing glow this provides. Truthfully, I bought once and returned due the crazy price...but not before I swatched it... and it stayed on my mind and I eventually found myself returning to buy it once again. The shimmer this provides is multi-dimensional, not overdone, just enough to catch a glow from certain angles. Love this and will continue to use up. At lease alot of product for the 44$ pricetag.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by kwallis88

Quite a pretty highlighter. However, it is quite sheer. I did find it settled into lines in my face almost emphasizing. I have to be really careful where to apply it. But overall, not a bad product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore this highligher. If you have large pores and tend to get oily, this is the best highlighter for you. I have tried several highlighters from deptartment to drugstore over the years only to be left with chunks of glitter everywhere. Now, this is very expensive ($44 US) for a highlighter but I feel that it is worth every penny. I'm blown away by the high quality of this. This powder is so finely milled and feels silky soft on the skin. You only need one quick swipe to make your whole face radiant so this will last you years. I've had mine for about 2 years now and still plenty left. You won't get obvious glitter with this highlighter. Amber Diamond gives off this soft focus glowing sheen that looks very natural. The color in the pan looks dark but no actual color shows up on my skin. What I get is a veil of a warm candle light glow that makes my sallow olive skin appear bright and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

My skin is acting up a lot so till now I couldn't justify getting a more expensive highlighter and opted for drugstore ones that set in my pores, looked weird and somehow made my skin look even worse. But one day, after a particularly bad day, even bad week I thought, why not? And I got it!
Oh, wow! It looks amazing, it is soooo finely milled, it looks like my actual skin is glowing and doesn't emphasize my pores and it never looks garish. I am really happy about this!
But beware glitter/shimmer/shine lovers! This gives a glow that can get to show as microshimmers in the sun but that's it. Some of my friends dislike it and can't understand why I bought it because "it doesn't show up much". It works perfectly for me but I can easily see how some won't like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best highlight that I've tried! Gives my cheeks the prettiest sheen. I can't use this everyday though because even with proper cleansing, I still broke out a little where I applied it. Which I usually do if I put anything shimmer on my cheeks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is my first Dior purchase and I was very disappointed. It does give a glow, but it also has quite a bit of glitter. I just don't think glitter looks good as a highlight. I've also tried many different brushes with no luck. I'll just use it as eye shadow.