December 22, 2014 | 914 users online

Palettes - Dior - Shimmer Powder 001 Rose Diamond, Spring 08

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I snagged this on eBay for a song and thought I struck oil, I did not. I became obsessed with this hypnotic rose shimmer brick every time I went to Bloomingdale's and didn't purchase because they were always out of stock. Am finding since the economy tanked so many cosmetic lines are low on inventory or get so few pieces they are sold out and restocking seems to take eons. Anyway, when this arrived in the mail I opened it like the makeup junkie I am and was again mesmerized by the rose glow. After my first attempt to achieve that movie star glow I tried again and again only to get the same unfortunate results. No matter the brush or application method I end up looking feverish and wrinkly. I don't have wrinkles or crepe like skin but this product makes me look as if I do. I have come to loathe this and rue the day I ever met it. As for all Dior products the packaging is spectacular and the quality dynamic, which is why this gets two lippies, Will give it one more try otherwise this is going to eBay to live.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous, absoluely gorgeous. I loved reading the reviews on this item, however, I was envious as everywhere I went, this item was sold out, so you can imagine my surprise as lately everywhere I go, I am finding this in stock again and I scooped one up immediately. Fabulous shimmery colors that work beautiful on pale coloring .... for those pale like me (NW10) this will work as a blush and for those darker in skin, this will certainly be a lovely highlighter. I wear a bit on top of my regular blush, which tones the color down a bit but yet adds a shimmery glow ..... the first day I wore this, I received a compliment from a man who in over 10 years never notices things and he was going on and on how beautiful I looked ....... since then I have continued wearing Rose Diamond every day and every day he compliments me on how great I look (he says I look all glowy.) I did think that this item was a LE for some reason, however, two seperate sales associates confirmed that it was part of Dior's permanent collection, so this item will be a staple in my makeup collection for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

How have I never reviewed this?? I love this stuff! It has been my go-to blush for the last 3-4 months. I barely even use any of my other blushes these days. I love it because it is a highlighter/blush in one, and I can use more of the rose/pink shades if I want to adjust the intensity. It gives a nice glow to the face - not too shimmery or obvious. As others have compared to the BB Shimmerbricks, I think this blows them out of the water! It is so less glittery. For reference, I am NC20. I would love to try the new Bronze one, also!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Nova_Baby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, It comes in a dark blue case with Dior written on it. Inside is a mirror and the blush/highlighter, which is made up of bands of whites, pinks, and peaches. It gives me a very pretty glow. Unfortunately, it shattered in my purse, so now I have to use it loose. I am going to put a picture in the metal pan where the blush used to be. I think it will be cute. :-)

Click "continued" for picture.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by keik614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've waited, waited and waited such a long time for this beautiful powder.
it was sold out everywhere in my city, and i don't think this powder is permanent in Canada as far as i know.

i have most of BB Shimmer Bricks, MAC MSFs but i must say that i've been reaching out to this finely milled shimmer powder more than anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 7:58:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

Ok at first I was a little leary of this because I am not much of a "shimmer" gal (nars albatross made me look like a glitter disco queen) but wanted desperately to find something that would make my skin look like it had a glow from within..you know, that healthy glow. Anyway, after some debating between this and BB shimmerbrick, I decided to go with this one and have not been dissapointed. The colors are beautifully matched and not overly shimmery, but the trick that works for me?? Blend Blend Blend...I use Macs 188 brush, swipe it on my face and then buff it in to the skin, it melds right in perfectly and I feel like me....only better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

♥ I truly love this little gem! I think Jojoba said it all;-) For me (NW10-15) this makes a perfect cooltoned, glowy soft pink blush as well as a highlighter. Nothing over the top, nothing too shimmery, just an ethereal glow. Very expensive but it will last for a long time and totally worth the $$$. So yes I would buy again but since it's LE it's hard to get another one...
*Pic in My Profile*
Ingredients: mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn starch), dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua, nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, C13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. May contain: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491/CI 77499/CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dienausicaa

Gorgeous soft cool rose blush!
This blush has beautiful color gradations, to highlight and accentuate cheeks. It is rather sheer, but noticeable. It might be too soft for medium to darker skintones, and it may not show up, but I am not shure.
I took one lippie off because despite of the beautiful blue case and velvet puch..this blush did not come with a little brush for on the go application..it would have been a nice touch.

Overall, this is now my default blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 5:57:00 AM More reviews by clink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dior's Spring Summer 08 Shimmer powder is one of my best investments ever. I had been looking for a blusher, a highlighter and white eyeshadow to update my make up looks. Guess what? I found ALL 3 in this one compact! I am very fair so I was able to use the darkest pink shade as a blusher. Not sure if it'd work the same way for dark skin tones.

I can also use a simple sweep of a large powder brush all over the compact and layer it over any other (powder, mousse) blusher I already have on and it gives a nice shimmer glow to my face without any heavy glitter. This is excellent for my oily face type.

Finally, I use the lighter portions of the compact as eyeshadow. Considering it is multi-tasking, I'd say it's well worth the money! I heard it's a limited edition, I'm stocking up! Nothing gives me a subtle glow like this one. Perfect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish that I had the great experience that the others have with this product, but I have not. For me, it is an average shimmer brick type product that is quite overpriced. I have never been a fan of those, as they would break or crack in my make up bag, and I would return them. I will keep this, as I continue to experiment on ways of using this, but overall, I am not impressed. Prefer their other bronzer/blushes. Will not repurchase.